Alvin and the chipmunks : do you like them or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
There was just- *Shot. Throat slit. Burned alive. Thrown in a toilet.*

I have always seriously wondered why people use the *shot* thing and anything like it so much. It's very rarely (if not at all) funny. To some, it seems like a right of passage or something.

FoxBlitzz said:
Honestly, I don't understand what the whole deal is about doing CG animation. In my opinion it tends to ruin just about everything that starts out as a traditional animation cartoon. Anything that doesn't start out as such is still ruined because of how bad CG animation tends to look in the first place. The entire point of cartoonish art is that it's unrealistic. You really aren't supposed to apply realistic lighting to something that's meant to look loony. Large eyes, exaggerated features... CG art just doesn't compliment that.

Can if you imagine if they did one of sonic? By the way, whats alvin and the chipmunks/

verifiaman said:
FoxBlitzz said:
Honestly, I don't understand what the whole deal is about doing CG animation. In my opinion it tends to ruin just about everything that starts out as a traditional animation cartoon. Anything that doesn't start out as such is still ruined because of how bad CG animation tends to look in the first place. The entire point of cartoonish art is that it's unrealistic. You really aren't supposed to apply realistic lighting to something that's meant to look loony. Large eyes, exaggerated features... CG art just doesn't compliment that.

Can if you imagine if they did one of sonic? By the way, whats alvin and the chipmunks/
*sigh* Didn't you click the link on the FIRST post of the topic???

Ice said:
I have always seriously wondered why people use the *shot* thing and anything like it so much. It's very rarely (if not at all) funny. To some, it seems like a right of passage or something.

It used to be funny, but it was just killed after it started to be overused.

I would have been okay with it if the bandwagon hadn't been alive for more than two damn years.

Well, there was a old cartoon show back in the 80s or something. The music was funny and cute, high pitches were a new thing back then. It also got a six time Grammy Award for its albums. It's not so interesting anymore because most computers can make high pitches now, so the Chipmunks will slowly fade away and *live in the adults memory as when they were a kid*.

**=Isn't that one of the reasons for the movie? Well they really messed it up with the live-action CG.

AshuraXDemon said:
**=Isn't that one of the reasons for the movie? Well they really messed it up with the live-action CG.

Just like Garfield. It's a crying shame that the big screen hasn't seen a truly hand-drawn motion picture in years.

Yeah the only recent 2D movie I saw was The Simpsons Movie and Enchanted but, I'm not sure that really counts.

Off-topic: I HATE THOSE Disney DVD Release only sequels.

AshuraXDemon said:
Yeah the only recent 2D movie I saw was The Simpsons Movie and Enchanted but, I'm not sure that really counts.

Off-topic: I HATE THOSE Disney DVD Release only sequels.

alladin 4: jafar needs glasses

I hate those, it ruins the original movie. I'm sure walt is disgusted.

I remember watching a cartoon of the chipmunks as a kid. Like someone said, high-pitch was really cool but it's common now. Oh well. Someone should slow down an episode of the chipmunks to see what they REALLY sound like...

AshuraXDemon said:

I don't know what Enchanted is, but the Simpsons movie, while in the two-dimensional style, did have some very noticeable CG elements to it. The fact that a 2.5D movie is the closest thing to a hand-drawn movie we've gotten recently is another thing that bothers me.

light the elementa said:
They are in the 3d movie they are awesome but 2d = *barf* but that's just me...
And that is why you are a kid/brat, only real men like the 2d show. The movie was terrible.

JigglyWiggly said:
And that is why you are a kid/brat, only real men like the 2d show. The movie was terrible.

Cut the "only real men do this" crap. If you are such a man then why do you need to keep reassuring yourself?

I think it would be best just to ignore him. Obviously, nothing you say is going to hinder his arrogance, so just leave it alone.

verifiaman said:
FoxBlitzz said:

Can if you imagine if they did one of sonic?
As much as you'd hate to hear this, I'll say it anyway:
Yes! Do it!

If they ever do a 2D Sonic movie (if they even get around to doing a movie....) it better have the art style of AoStH. Except more updated with nicely done shading and highlights with backgrounds that look like updated SatAM backgrounds. That would be awesome.

P.S. I happen to like CG movies.
P.P.S. Is CG really that overused to make you hate it that much?
P.P.P.S. Sorry for being off-topic.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
verifiaman said:
FoxBlitzz said:

Yes! Do it!

If they ever do a 2D Sonic movie (if they even get around to doing a movie....) it better have the art style of AoStH. Except more updated with nicely done shading and highlights with backgrounds that look like updated SatAM backgrounds. That would be awesome.

They did make a Sonic movie. It was called "Sonic the movie". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bug21YVPlEU <---There you go.

unique said:
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
verifiaman said:
FoxBlitzz said:

Yes! Do it!

They did make a Sonic movie. It was called "Sonic the movie". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bug21YVPlEU <---There you go.
I meant for theatres, not 2 episodes of anime crammed into a "movie" that has no relevance to the series except for inspiring the crappy storyline of Sonic Next Gen.
Sara is Princess Elise. That anime was old school Sonic Next Gen.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
unique said:
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
verifiaman said:
FoxBlitzz said:

Yes! Do it!

I meant for theatres, not 2 episodes of anime crammed into a "movie" that has no relevance to the series except for inspiring the crappy storyline of Sonic Next Gen.
Sara is Princess Elise. That anime was old school Sonic Next Gen.
That movie WAS in theatres in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back