Should sonic.plr really be a plr file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im trying to edit that sonic spritesheet to make my own character, but my computer dosent recognise it as a WAD file, but a PLR file. Should this happen? If so, can I get a link to a plain sonic WAD please?

Even then, you can just type "sonic.plr" in the Open... dialog of any program while in the srb2 folder and it will load it.

Sonict said:
Just copy the file and rename the extention from .plr to .wad

Sonict

...Ive already tried that. It changes the name, and not the filetype.....

<EDIT> I think I know why. I tried to load it on PSP (paint shop photo) and it took away the ".plr" on the title and made the psp icon come up. I think that made the PLR permenant.....

PSP is not a wad editor. Use a program like XWE to open Sonic.plr and you'll be able to see all his frames there, and extract each one individually, if needed.

Okay, well Ive solved the problem and I figured out how to make the files WADs. But now the real problem is that no maps show up on the map selection window when I try to edit Character WADs. Thusly, I cant edit the WADs.

Help please?

1) Copy Sonic.plr
2) In Windows Explorer, go to Tools->Folder Options->View.
3) Uncheck the box next to "Hide extensions for known filetypes"
4) Click "OK"
5) Rename the copy of Sonic.plr to Sonic.wad
6) Load it up into XWE.

Oh, and of COURSE no maps show up in the map selection when you try to edit character wads. There are no maps in character wads, just characters!

Sonicandtails218 said:
PSP is not a wad editor. Use a program like XWE to open Sonic.plr and you'll be able to see all his frames there, and extract each one individually, if needed.

Well guys, using this help, and the deepsea lump editor, Ive created my first sprite. But there is an issue. I cannot turn it into a file that i can upload on to an image hosting site.

I tink it would be much easier if someone who was good at this kind of stuff would turn the sprites in the wad into a spritesheet that i could use on Paint Shop Photo, so i may edit the sprites, and send them back to that guy so he could change it to a wad again. then i could do the rest on my own.

.....or would that be considered a request? Cause if it is, never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back