Super Paper Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Result

Had it on pre-order, have it now.

Kind of disappointed that it's not an RPG like the others, even though it has "RPG Elements" ( as everyone so tactfully puts it ). At the same time, though, I enjoy the way in which it was put together. It's immersive, it's versatile, it's fun. It brings me back to the original Mario style that I loved as a kid, with the zest of the new genre.

Anyone else enjoying this yet?

I can't remember if Nintendo were going to make a Gamecube port of this, like they did with LOZ:TP.

I saw some screens of gameplay (and videos, as well) and I am pretty interested. But I'm a bit skeptical on the control scheme on the Wii...

*Goes to finish PM: Thousand Year Door*

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Say I love ordinary Mario platform games but heavily disliked the Paper Mario series. How would I react to this game?

I guess it depends what you didn't like about the Paper Mario series, but I think you would like it. It isn't an RPG like the other Paper Mario games, but it does have a story, and a decent amount of dialogue to read through. It basically plays like the old Mario platform games, except you're able to switch between 2D and 3D at whim, and explore a 3D version of the Mario levels to unlock secrets. That means a lot of puzzles.

Result said:
Omega the Hedgehog said:
Say I love ordinary Mario platform games but heavily disliked the Paper Mario series. How would I react to this game?

I guess it depends what you didn't like about the Paper Mario series, but I think you would like it. It isn't an RPG like the other Paper Mario games, but it does have a story, and a decent amount of dialogue to read through. It basically plays like the old Mario platform games, except you're able to switch between 2D and 3D at whim, and explore a 3D version of the Mario levels to unlock secrets. That means a lot of puzzles.
That is cool its like moving a camera.

Maou-Shin Daioka said:
I can't remember if Nintendo were going to make a Gamecube port of this, like they did with LOZ:TP.

They're not. It was in development for GCN originally, and then was moved to the Wii completely. There's not going to be a GCN release.

Why not use google image search? Or watch some videos on YouTube or IGN? Stop being lazy :/

Anyways, I don't really like RPGs, but I like Puzzlers and Platformers, so I'd say SPM is right of my alley. I decided to wait two days before looking for it.. because no stores EVER get games until two days after release. Not around here, anyways.

I actually quite like Mario RPGs, plain because those are the only RPGs that can keep the old Mario feeling them on the boards. Ever played Super Mario RPG? I simply love those kinda boards. Paper Mario also had a lot of little gimicks and mario styled stuff. Too bad the platforming wasn't too well there. I only disliked the battles, but thats one of the RPG parts. I basicly just dislike RPGs, but its the Mario-ish feeling that keeps me hooking.

Well, I've got SPM now. It's pretty fun, but I'm having trouble performing the tricks when you jump. I have to say, it's the most beautiful 2D game I've ever seen. Everything is all fluid and colorful.

If there's one thing I really enjoy about Paper Mario, it's the representation and the personification of the Mario universe. It makes the whole thing look very appealing and fun. Who knew that Koopas could be such likable beings? Expect me to be picking up this new title too. I'm a tad bummed that there are no party members this time around (I enjoyed the Goomba/Koopa/Boo/Yoshi recolors), but from what I hear, this game should hopefully keep the good flavor that the other games had, even if it isn't exactly an RPG anymore.

I really like how colorful this game is, but I wish they didn't have the timer thingy in 3d.

Eh, the 3D's a little clumsy, I think. It's hard to jump on enemies when they're made of paper and you're limited to using a D-Pad.

Shuffle said:
Eh, the 3D's a little clumsy, I think. It's hard to jump on enemies when they're made of paper and you're limited to using a D-Pad.

I don't have a problem jumping on enemies, it's the blocks I have a hard time jumping on.. But that's what it is to play Mario: Jumping precision. ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back