Which "Tales of" series was the greatest to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally consider Symphonia to be my favorite game period, not just in the Tales series.

Shame the only ones I've played/owned are that and Phantasia. Were Legendia and Abyss any good?

The titles you said are my favorite but Tales of Symphonia has mostly the edge in its gameplay and storyline (which keeps changing).

My friend says that Abyss' storyline was better than Symphonia's, I cannot comfirm it, so I will have to play and beat it for myself, one day.

Yep the co-op mode made people liked the game.

Also in a certain point of the game, you actually fight three members from Tales of Abyss.

I beat them with Lloyd with one attack that finished them all out.

Divine Justice (Falcon's Crest)

At the Final Round I died and Crystal (She was Sheena) revived me but she did it and died. Rush (Playing as Zelos) died at the part where i killed the Dragon Knight (Got hit by fireball). So when the exibition match started with the Abyss Characters, Crystal and Rush said "Quick! Quick! Revive us!", so I said, "I can do it on my own". They didn'y believe me so I ran up to the Abyss Characters and used Lloyd's Secret Tech. Kill them all with that attack. I don't save the game after that part (Abyss Characters is the funniest and hardest fight on Symphonia :D ). I have other files at certain parts or boss battles i liked.

I'll Begin said:
Cory the Hedgehog said:
I'd have to say Futurama's "Tales of Interest". both part one and part two. 8)
XD. You're joking right? That was funny.

"YOU watched it! You can't UN-watch it! Stay tuned for more TALES OF INTEREST!"

i love the Nintendo world one.

Still, Tales of Symphonia's Easter Eggs are easy to find and to get.

1. Pac-Man Statue: Go to Flanior and go to the statue area
2. Klonoa Costume: After you get the items from the City of Angels (Where you and your partners are separated and you have to find them near the final boss), go to Regal's Company and talk to his butler. (Presea's Costume)
3. Kratos's Training Sessions, Talk to him when you either set up camp (1st). Talk to guard at..ummmm (i forgot the name :mrgreen: , 2nd)
Talk to him twice at Hima (3rd).

Tales of Symphonia SO far, (hence the name Shadow AURION), but I'm intrested in Tales of the Abyss. Once I have the money, I'll get that and try it.

On Tales of Symphonia, what was your highest combo ever.

I'll tell you my top three.

3rd: 132. The final boss battle (2nd Mithos fight)
2nd: 178. Battling the dragons. (Gold Dragon, Dark Dragon, or Dragon)
1st: 220. Battling the hardest boss in the book of the underworld.

3rd: I was Lloyd at the time and my cousin was Genus. We used our Secret Techs and after that I used alot of the Tempests and Sword Rain techs. It ended because Raine casted a healing spell. (My cousin was outta TP and low on health, I missed with Sonic Sword Rain).

2nd: I was Lloyd, My sister was Sheena, and My Uncle was Collet. We was fighting the Gold Dragon. Sheena summoned the Wind spirit. My uncle was using that tech with the falling stars. I was using the Tempests and Sword Rain techs. It ended with Me and Collet doing an Unison Attack.

1st: Man you have to have very fast fingers for this. I was Kratos, My cousin was Zelos, My sister was Regal, and My Friend was Lloyd. Only Zelos and Kratos can only do this combo crazy trick. Cast a spell then cancel it when you first casted it, attack then cast it again right when you hit the enemy and do it over. (Cast a spell and cancel it and use Super Lightning Blade then cast another and do it again.) This is the hardest move to do. It ended with a Unison Attack (Cross Thrust) and killed him. We was at like level 145 at the time.

Heh, not as high as your record, but mine is 169 or something.

How I got it: This was frustrating, you need Lloyd and Collete (-_-) and Raine for this. Lloyd with Sword Rain Alpha and Collete with Stardust Cross. Raine is optional with her Photon, but is really helpful. But.... I didn't have Stardust Cross at the time so I had to work FOREVER for it cause she was the wrong type and had to switch her over. Raine, you should have Photon by now for those really big guys. And Lloyd should prpbably have his Sword Rain Alpha skill by now, depending.

Now for the trick, go fight a BIG MONSTER (i.e. Dragon in the Earth Temple, Mithos' final form, the huge carnivore plant thing), and once you're fighting that monster, make Lloyd use a huge combo ending in anything beast (Beast Sword Rain is helpful), but don't forget to MAKE RAINE CAST PHOTON AND HOLD L. At the end of the combo, if Raine is ready, let go of L to have her cast Photon to bring the enemy back up, then do the combo AGAIN. You can try a second Photon, but only if the monster has higher than 20000 HP or something, so if you do Mithos on mania mode, it can help alot.

When you feel like the enemy's about to die, or you want to get on with the combo already, then do another combo WITHOUT A HUGE KNOCKBACK and use unison after. Note: MAKE SURE YOU USE LLOYD'S SWORD RAIN ALPHA AND COLLETE'S STARDUST CROSS, OTHERWISE IT WAS ALL FOR NOTHING! Now at the end, you should be able to use Stardust Rain, which has the highest combo hit ever, going up to 100, but only on a big monster, cause it doesn't home in on the enemy like Prism Stars. After that, you should get somewhere to an 167 or something hit combo, or even up to 200. The huge letters show the most important stuff.

A lot of people know this combo, but I didn't at the time until I watched a youtube video of it, cause... well.... I really don't like Collete that much....... ok, so I hate her, but yeah. You can try Prism Stars too, but you may need to have the Second Unison (forgot the name) EX skill on, and hope for another Unison to pop up. I did that on Maxwell, first time I got over 100, but not as high as the Stardust Rain combo.

Ok, I'm done. Hope this huge writing doesn't make your eyes explode.

Nice. Well which costume did you like on there. I liked Lloyd's pirate costume, Raine's maid costume, Sheena's successor costume, Presea's dream traveler costume (also known as Klonoa's costume), Kratos' Judgement costume, and Zelos' mask swordsman and the one where he is at the party.

I've only played Symphonia and Legendia, but compared to any other RPG I've played, Symphonia is way up there. Truly, an awesome game.

Abyss is my favourite, tried to play phantasia but it didn't get me along really. My max hit is 52 with 25 thousands of damage heh.... can't beat Lorelei Van(not going to spoil who is he) he's so fucking hard and my charactera are at level 60

So far, all the party costumes and Kratos' white clothing. But one thing's for certain.... I wish the english version of ToS was just like the Japenese version. :cry:

Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia Legends are both RPGs, that I bought at the same time, that remind me how good RPGs can be. They have cliched storylines, but do such a great job presenting them that you don't care. The gameplay is awesome, and the way they present a much more alive world than most RPGs puts it up in my book. I plan on getting Abyss, but I don't know when.

Yay, Omega agress with me. ^_^

Yeah, Symphonia owns, I've played it like, 8 times or over.
Do not try Abyssion on the hardest mode unless if you have higher then level 50 characters, it takes even LONGER then the first fight(easiest difficulity) which took me about an hour to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back