SRB2 Doom Builder (Minor Problem, though needs fixing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkYoshi

Taking over the world/Bacon
Hey everyone...
A few days ago I got my new vista laptop (after my XP stopped working) And downloaded SRB2 again.
Works alright, except when I try to use Doom builder.
Sometimes the Nodes won't build.. and the textures are a bit iffy.
Luckily this is only in Doom builder but this is the main problem.
I now can't see the preview of the wall textures....
This is annoying cause I can't see what textures I'm picking.
If anyone knows a fix to this please post it.
Thanks for your time.

Your problem (if I recall right, although I'm not sure if I do) is pretty common for Vista users. All you need to do is right click and select "Run As Administrator" and you are good to go...if you did that and it still doesn't work then your best bet is probably checking the wiki for answers because I have nothing.

Hey everyone...
A few days ago I got my new vista laptop (after my XP stopped working) And downloaded SRB2 again.
Works alright, except when I try to use Doom builder.
Sometimes the Nodes won't build.. and the textures are a bit iffy.
Luckily this is only in Doom builder but this is the main problem.
I now can't see the preview of the wall textures....
This is annoying cause I can't see what textures I'm picking.
If anyone knows a fix to this please post it.
Thanks for your time.

Not too sure if I can help, but here's my reply anyway:

1. Do you have SRB2 DoomBuilder, or Normal DoomBuilder?

2. Did you set the IWAD to Srb2.srb, in your SRB2 folder? If not, that's why you're not seeing the textures.

3. To fix the texture problem, try manually changing the offset. Or just be lazy, and go into 3D mode, look at the texture, and hit the 'A' key.

4. I had that Node problem about 3-4 years ago, I'm not too sure how I fixed it.

Also, I use Windows 7 now, and I had Vista at one point, and I had no problem with DoomBuilder, nor do I now. I also had no problems with it on XP.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Not too sure if I can help, but here's my reply anyway:

1. Do you have SRB2 DoomBuilder, or Normal DoomBuilder?

2. Did you set the IWAD to Srb2.srb, in your SRB2 folder? If not, that's why you're not seeing the textures.

3. To fix the texture problem, try manually changing the offset. Or just be lazy, and go into 3D mode, look at the texture, and hit the 'A' key.

4. I had that Node problem about 3-4 years ago, I'm not too sure how I fixed it.

Also, I use Windows 7 now, and I had Vista at one point, and I had no problem with DoomBuilder, nor do I now. I also had no problems with it on XP.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

1. Yes I'm using SRB2 Doom Builder.

2. Yep... linked to the IWAD

3. All that shows up in 3D mode is black/red walls... and offsets?

4. Meh.. it's ok.

=P

1. Yes I'm using SRB2 Doom Builder.

2. Yep... linked to the IWAD

3. All that shows up in 3D mode is black/red walls... and offsets?

4. Meh.. it's ok.

=P

Okay... Do you have the config files for 2.0.6/your current SRB2 version, in your Doombuilder folder?

Also, I've seen that maps seem to do that in DoomBuilder, when the level is huge. "That" Meaning the node building thing.

Besides that, really, I have no idea.

Maybe it might be a problem with your laptop's graphics card or something. I could be wrong though.

I never had to run as administrator when I had Vista... it must be a computer problem for you, not a Vista problem...

When you save your doom builder C:\Program Files or C:\ some other folders there is, then you need to run as admin but if it's in desktop or any other user folders, then you don't need to run as adminstrator

The problem is because DB1 is coded in VB6. Until I release my modded DB2 for SRB2, just kill the explorer process each time you want to build nodes. Also, beware, pressing the test button without having killed explorer first may cause a crash that will lose your map.

Config files for 2.0.6? I'm still using 2.0.5... now downloading 2.0.6...
So.... Other then that, It wasn't even huge. 192x192 just to test doom builder and nodebuilder broke down on me...
I'll try 2.0.6 though...

You need to have at least two sectors in order for zenode to properly build nodes. That is probably why the one 192 x 192 sector didn't work. Make another sector inside and it should work fine.

well actually, I made a even bigger Sector outside that 192x192...
That IS 2 sectors right?
Edit: The Nodebuilder works half the time, it's not that I'm worried about.
I just want the textures to work in Doom Builder ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back