Do you think they should make a new sega console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually critics think SATSR was a good game.
Nobody really died,and people thought that game was the "Almost there Sega!"

3 next-gen consoles is already big and a 4th would make no sense unless it took motion control, online gaming, and good graphics put it together and make it work right. But that is next-NEXT-gen.

jackthesilent said:
Kind of but not really, if they failed with sega dreamcast, the chance is that they'd fail again.

Dreamcast was widely hailed as ahead of its time, and is still held in high regard for pioneering online console gaming
The only place that the Dreamcast failed at was marketing, or at least once the Gamecube came out.

No because the I don't want to spend money on another console, and I'll probably only buy sonic games on it anyways.

The Dreamcast was like our Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3 ages before they came out. So why should SEGA quit? Just imagine, if SEGA released another console, people would be like "Awesome" And when it would die... the 6th Gen people wold be like..."Oh crap, I didn't know SEGA's 4rd Gen console was our 7th gen console years before..."

MegamanZero29292 said:
The Dreamcast was like our Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3 ages before they came out. So why should SEGA quit? Just imagine, if SEGA released another console, people would be like "Awesome" And when it would die... the 6th Gen people wold be like..."Oh crap, I didn't know SEGA's 4rd Gen console was our 7th gen console years before..."
Your optimism is admirable, but it seems that Sega as a hardware manufacturer has no credit in my area at least. If it's like that elsewhere, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone saying "Awesome" regardless of actual quality of the machine. Hell, they're loosing credibility as a software manufacturer to those who think they only do Sonic.

I don't want to buy another console just for Sonic games, which aren't even doing that well at the moment (Don't tell me anything about unleashed, it's the right direction blah blah blah.) So my answer is no.

Mikesword221 said:
3 next-gen consoles is already big and a 4th would make no sense unless it took motion control, online gaming, and good graphics put it together and make it work right. But that is next-NEXT-gen.

3? What 3? When did they make a 3rd next-gen console?

That might be cool, but Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft have all gained such incredible power in the gaming industry that I'm not sure Sega would have a chance at making a successful console.

Not that that wouldn't be good. If you ask me, Microsoft makes nice computers, but has no business in the gaming industry, with their dumb "XBOX 360" and pathetic titles. The real battle should have been Nintendo, Sony, and Sega. I think Nintendo trumps them all, but Sega would at least be better than Microsoft.

:SonicMaster: said:
JetTheHawk said:
blargen said:
3? What 3? When did they make a 3rd next-gen console?

PS3, X360 and Wii are the third generation.

...No, they're the seventh generation. The third generation was the NES.

Pfffft hahah. I never thought of it that way. But we're talking about the 3D generations.

MegamanZero29292 said:
^^^^
I agree with this.

I'm surprised that people are still hoping that Sega will bring another console to the market. It's been 8 years now since Dreamcast was killed! My main objection to the idea of Sega developing another console is that we have 3 really good consoles out right now and one more console thrown in could cause confusion and mass chaos destroying the entire game industry like in 1983! Then the fabric of time and space would dissolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back