A XWE Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sondaniel22

A.K.A KashiSD22
Im having a problem with XWE. It don't open up anything I want to open. It keep saying "List Index out of bounds (3)". Whats up?

EDIT: DOH! I made a typo on the subject. *Fixed*

Yes. That's exactly why. Because it's a rule. Because there couldn't possibly be another explanation for why it requires an administrative account. I mean, such stupid rules are everywhere, it seems. Just to keep people on limited accounts annoyed. That's exactly it.

We mean a limited account on Windows Xp, it has nothing to do with the forums, if that's what you're thinking. The reason why it has to be administrative is that when your on a limited account in XP you don't have access to all the places that XWE needs to run, Windows does not allow XWE to create all the files needed to run properly, because an limited account was designed not to allow you to install new programs. So that means...you need an administrative account.

DashFox2007 said:
We mean a limited account on Windows Xp, it has nothing to do with the forums, if that's what you're thinking. The reason why it has to be administrative is that when your on a limited account in XP you don't have access to all the places that XWE needs to run, Windows does not allow XWE to create all the files needed to run properly, because an limited account was designed not to allow you to install new programs. So that means...you need an administrative account.
so u mean the admin of my computer has to give rights?

Yes, whoever has the password for the administrative account on your computer, ask them to login and change your account from limited to administrative. If your administrator does not want to give you administrative rights, then you simply can't use XWE.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm having a minor yet frustrating problem with my XWE. I'm on an administrative account but, every time i try to use it, it says path not found, pleas specify correct path. After that it has path, description, and filename. If you could please specify what I must put in those catagories it would be much appreciated.

I think I've got home adition. Oh wellI'll just forget it. I don't need to make characters that badley. Besides I would probly make something horrible and unsightly.

Dreamcaster said:
I got XWE to run just fine, and open up everything, and I'm not the computer administrator.

Uhh, it's been my personal experience that you do need to have administrative access. An account can be administrative without the title "Administrator".

DashFox2007 said:
Yes, whoever has the password for the administrative account on your computer, ask them to login and change your account from limited to administrative. If your administrator does not want to give you administrative rights, then you simply can't use XWE.
oh! so no problem then! because i am the admin of this computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back