Character Socing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman

PSO & Arad Senki addict
Is it possible to give character a soc and only make it work just for that character. If you can, tell me how please.

If you edit something from the player states in the SOC editor. It would affect every other character.
Nuff said.

Well Technically, if you wanted to give a character some sort of special ability, like Turret fire thoking for instance. That would be easy and only affect that character. But this is for creating a new thing type, it would not affect the character at all.

If you wanted this turret fire thokking, you would need to make a Thing type that fires something like Turret fire bullets. Then you would imput the thokitem to thok that object and have actionspd set to zero.

But that is the only ability I know how to do (I'm working on a wad that has the same type of ability like I explained before)

But if you were going to edit the player states themselves, that would affect every player.

Duh, Why didn't I think of that, just use the new thing type to that character, so simple.

Thanks, now I can make Goku do a some Ki blast while holding the spin button.

Well then For Goku to do a Ki blast thing while spinning, IT CAN ONLY WORK WITH SPINNING, not spinning in mid air.

Anyway, You would have to find a way to make a Thing type that would spawn this, Lets say you made it, Thing type 270

Now, The way I think of it, you would need to only have 1 spin frame, or 4, based on the number of KI attacks you want Goku to do. (You can have 4-*Unlimited* amount of spin frames, that is, If you are a skilled SOCcer.)

Anyway, For the S_SKIN, you would need to imput a SPINARORA action (However you spell that thing). You would Set SPINARORA = 270 (To spawn your thing)

And then after the thing is spawnned you would be able to create this thing that lets you fire the Ki things

The states for the Ki states are a diffrent story though :wink:

EDIT: I could probably help you SOC this if you want me to, Just PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back