More questions, yet harder to answer this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Segmentium

Ok, I have a bunch of questions for you SRB2 maniacs to help me figure this out.

1 - How do I make/use MD2s? I would like to use 3D models for several things in SRB2 (because I already have skill in that area, and it's alot easier than developing hundreds of sprites), and if I were to use an MD2 for something, would I have to use an SOC (I said "an SOC", as to me, I say es-oh-see, not sock)?

2 - I want to make a spring that is generally wider than the normal spring, (and of course uses md2), this should be possible with SOCing right?

3 - You know chaos control? I wan't to make it so if you hit a certain item box, you gain the ability to use it once. Is it possible to do this with any ability?

That's it for now. Thanks for your time.

1. You'll need to use a 3D modelling program that can save MD2s, each animation keyframe is a single sprite. (So first frame is PLAYA, second is PLAYB, third is PLAYC, ect)
(Of course, tha'ts just what I've heard. Being unable to use OpenGL mode I wouldn't know for sure)

2. Yup, just edit the thing's radius.

3. Not unless you're makin' yourself an exe mod.

2 - Yes.
3 - Want*. Isn't Chaos Control SRB2JTE-only? I don't think you can put abilities in item boxes without modifying the code.

Edit: Bah, Drayk beat me!
Edit 2: Models are technically broken. You can't do transparency with them and replacing the player with a model will replace EVERY player with the same model. You also can't change your skin color. Still want to use them?

Thanks for the answers! Well, I don't plan on really using them for characters, more for things.

You can't put an ability in a thing (say, a spring item box, like Sonic The Hedgehog GameGear). I mean, it doesn't have to be an ability that technically doesn't exist. I just want to know if you can use an ability or thing's action with another object? I'm pretty sure you can do that with SOC's... at least... I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back