[Open Assets] Green Hill Zone 2D - Level Remake

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
NEQvTlZ.png

Green Hill Zone from Sonic 1, recreated for SRB2!

So, one day on discord I got talking with some people, and we got into the discussion of cliché levels and characters, and Green Hill Zone was brought up as one of those levels that were always remade / ported, etc...

But then I noticed... I don't recall seeing any decent 1:1 remakes of Green Hill for SRB2. Sure, there were Sonic Adventure 2 versions made, and there were levels built with the same theme as Green Hill, heck some even used its music, but none were a remake of Sonic 1's level design.

So, fast forward to now, where I decided to make it. Not much to say except it's Green Hill in SRB2.

Known Bugs:
* Players can manipulate direction inputs to negate the activated of scripted events such as the main loop or S tubes. This is a bug with SRB2 itself.

* All the enemies in the map see you from the very start of the level, and proceed to go at you. This is a bug with SRB2 itself.

* The walking enemies tend to move away from the player rather than towards. This is a bug with SRB2 itself.

* Players sometimes get shot 50 feet in the air after jumping onto a moving platform from below. This is a bug with SRB2 itself.​

Attachments

• sc_GreenHill2D.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 26,873
  • srb20634.png
    srb20634.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 3,200
  • srb20635.png
    srb20635.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 6,219
  • srb20636.png
    srb20636.png
    28 KB · Views: 3,443
  • srb20637.png
    srb20637.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 2,147
  • srb20637.png
    srb20637.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,462
Not gonna lie i was expecting it to be a Mania Green Hill recreation, or at least to have an act 2, but this is still pretty cool.

This remake you did is amazing. The use of slopes were useful for this map. I’m going to try it out the next time I play SRB2 again.

Sonic CD Sonic is a perfect fit for this level wad!

This is a nice wad and all, but CD Sonic makes it way better because it's like you're playing Sonic 1 but it's SRB2!
I love this wad, and I think you did a pretty good job making it!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back