Intelligent posts? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolol

I mean, just because the forum is full of editing people who made a Sonic game off the DOOM engine out of nostalgia, does not mean you can call anyone who plays it stupid, because they know no programming.

THEY'RE/THERE IS (I'm so smart and witty for knowing there. Yes that is required to sign up) a difference between ignorant and stupid.

If you really wanted a mature forum you'd disable the curse filter. It's not like cursing is immature.

You bunch of lol no assholes.

The reason we have a filter is simple for one reason only: We have young children who visit this forum. There is no getting around it. Swearing isn't a mature way to talk anyways. I certainly don't like using it. It doesn't make me sound mature at all.

We have had plenty of LOL THIS FORUM SUCKS topics thank you very much.

Where did you get this assumption that the administration team calls people stupid because they can't program? This is not true in the least. We do want to help people who want to understand, its the people that do not even attempt to try to learn with the resources we give them.

We also want the posts from users to be readable, so that we can understand and other people reading the posts can understand what they are saying.

While I already banned this child, I'd like to post here for the rest of the forum to explain something important.

It seems people don't understand what the word "mature" means.

From the dictionary:
mature (adj.) - Fully developed; grown up in terms of physical appearance, behaviour or thinking.

Mature people act like adults. This does not mean that they necessarily are adults, I've seen plenty of 10 year old children be mature, and I've seen plenty of adults act immature. Cursing, in the above context, is incredibly immature, and reeks of sixth grade "hehehe the vice president's first name is Dick!" stupidity. Excessive swearing does not make you "mature", it makes you look like some stupid teenage kid.

This is certainly not some high-class establishment, it's a web forum. However, we expect a basic amount of maturity and knowledge of the English language to post here. If expecting people to act like adults is a problem for you, I kindly would like to ask you to leave, and permanently.

You were totally right, Mystic. Letting this guy post WAS epic lulz.

It would have been even funnier if you had actually gone against our expectation that you just joined to be idiotic. 'Tis a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back