Sector Flat Alignment isn't really working with me... (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violo

Resisting Pony Avatar
I've started making a level (no duh) and I've come up to a point where I need to use Sector Flat Alignment (Linedef Type 7). But whenever I try and use it, nothing happens. Sector 86 is the sector that's being affected and sector 87 is the control sector. The linedef has and angle of 80 degrees which is the intended angle and lindef 381 on sector 87 has the following check, Effect 6, Effect 4 and Bouncy Wall. They are both linked by tag 11.
I've checked the tutorial on the Wiki (and that's what I used to actually make it in the first place), but I can't find any differences between the two. Could someone help?
Here's the wad: http://www.mediafire.com/?cgzpo7rrdehvd7m
Please ignore what the actual wad is

Edit: I already have realised my current mistake. Could someone move this to Editing Help please?

Edit 2: This problem has been solved.
It was solved by creating a sector which was exactly the same except mirrored vertically resulting in the control linedef to be the opposite angle. Nothing is different about the particular sector.

What was your mistake? Please post it so others having the same problem will know.

I mean, I posted this is help rather than editing help. Sorry about that. I still have this problem. I didn't mean to confuse anyone.

Violo, I think SSN meant what's your mistake regarding the sector flat alignment usage.

umm... so, I'm looking into your wad too. Seems Linedef 7 is just dumb for non-trivial angles. Wait a sec.

EDIT:

I have a strong suspicion that SRB2 does a wrong calculation with angles for alignment, which makes angles to swap vertically, something like 4º -> 356º or vice-versa; such a kind of bug is almost imperceptible for 45º and 90º alignments.

EDIT2:

Select the control sector and "Flip Selection Vertically". You'll get the desired effect.

No, I don't. It still believes the origin in that sector is normal. It could be just Doom Builder 2 being weird, but I dunno. I don't think blaming the editor will fix any problems. :\

Are you using OpenGL? Because I don't believe that handles flat alignment/angling at all.

Woops. The mirror sector I made didn't have Effect 4 on it. It's working now, thanks. Though I'm unsure as to why you have to do a reverse angle in order for it to work. :\

Thanks for your help by the way.

Woops. The mirror sector I made didn't have Effect 4 on it. It's working now, thanks. Though I'm unsure as to why you have to do a reverse angle in order for it to work. :\
It's due to conflicting axes. To the map, North and East are positive, and South and West are negative. However, the origin point of an image is in the top-left corner, so South and East are positive, and North and West would be negative by analogy. So as you can see, confusingly, the vertical axis is actually flipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back