Post your pics/art here!

dbfde119f6.png

Eh

Woah, this is pretty much perfect! I love everything about it.

Here, have a Mario I reshaded because boredom o3o
3226250851.png

This is good, too! What game does the original sprite come from? Wrecking Crew?

Legendary Emerald said:
What game does the original sprite come from? Wrecking Crew?

mariowreckingcrewnes.jpg

..I don't think so. Actually I found it diggin' up on NES/NGP sprites, search for it if you want.

Agustin1216: Those reshades are very... eh. The contrast in the shading is just so weak I can hardly notice the difference between most of the shaded areas, and when I can actually see shading in it, the depth is just badly applied. The impression I get out of looking at those sprites is that you simply wanted to make those sprites full of colors, yet you don't know how to properly apply them.

I can guarantee you one thing, throwing tons of colors in small sprites like that hardly makes them look more detailed, so let alone making them look good with such method. The only thing it will do is make the whole sprite look blurry, because there is nothing interesting about that kind of shading, because what's the point of adding a lot of colors to a sprite if you can hardly see them to begin with? I didn't know the outlines were colored until I zoomed the sprite in.

I highly recommend that you try working with less colors and with higher contrasts when it comes to shading, as well practice the depth in sprites when it comes to applying shading. A good way to understand depth is to look at other shaded sprites (preferably official ones), that way you can study how you it works and then learn it for yourself. For NGP sprites, I highly recommend you look at OmegaEFEX's work, because he does a great job at it.

On Iori's design on your sprite, you shouldn't have removed the line details from his pants, because that's the part that connects his string in his pants.

iori-xi-stance.gif

Hey remember when well drawn pictures like the one up there weren't interrupted by abysmal drawings like mine YEAH ME NEITHER

if the picture is sideways or upside down it's totally intentional

Photo%2023.10.2014%2021%2030%2045.jpg

feedback appreciated, praised upon and possibly NEEDED

I take it we're still allowed to post music in here? If, so, here's the latest song I've worked on. This is for a Line 6 Insane Mixing Contest. For those of you who don't know, Line 6 Insane is joked about as being one of the most unusable guitar settings ever. Unusable? I think not!

MP3: http://mus.thewaitingroom.org/Carl's Jr. in C# minor 20141023_173435.mp3
FLAC: http://mus.thewaitingroom.org/flac/Carl's Jr. in C# minor 20141023_173435.flac

Genre is metalcore. No vox yet (I should be getting them next week).

I got my tablet back and working. Decided to pick up my practice on mangastudios.
FinalImpact.png

Based off of Majin Vegeta's "Final Impact."
I'd love some criticism! :)

I got my tablet back and working. Decided to pick up my practice on mangastudios.
FinalImpact.png

Based off of Majin Vegeta's "Final Impact."
I'd love some criticism! :)

#CritiqueAndCompliments
Looks very good, I must say. Veeery very good. I do especially love the colouring put into it. The aura looks really cool; just not... big enough? To thick too, I dunno, that's all I can say about the aura. The hand is absolutely perfect from what I can make out, and it blows my hand drawing out of the water by miles.Now, criticisms...

While they're mostly just tiny little nitpicks; the eyebrows look a little... off. Like one seems a lot bigger than the other at first glance. A lot of the lines also seem to be a bit on/off when it comes to thickness, especially towards the tips of things. Noteable in Sonic's left ear, where the line practically vanishes before it reaches the end. Dunno if that was intentional, just looks iffy to me. Also as Virt mentioned, the nose looks a bit flat. It's almost a squidward nose, lol. Just look at Sonic's head; it looks like it's a lot more... risen up than the nose makes out to be. If I were you I'd make the nose a bit more upright; that's the most noticeable flaw in the piece if you ask me.

But yeah everything else looks great, keep at it!

Art of my own:
chase_taser_by_therealburningfox-d84cjzd.png

Jerome "Chase" Hander. Thief kid. Has his hands on something dangerous as you can see. o3o

swiper_by_therealburningfox-d84cosd.png

Newest character. Bit of a dick in general. Sneaky. Slaver. Cruel.
Arkaden Nox Umbra. Nicknamed (to his dismay) "Swiper". Hates all of the names he gets given but deals with them anyway. Yah.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back