WAD help/using the consle help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I am having trouble using the consle. Here's an example:

When I try to put a WAD file using the consle, I followed the code to put it in. But, the consle tells me "CANNOT LOAD FILE". Also, I need to remember codes to help me host a game. So far I know GOD, CHANGETEAM (RED or BLUE), LIGHTDASH ON and HOMING ON. And yes, i've read the FAQ about 6 times already. Would somebody please be so kind to help me?

If you know what commands are present just post the first letter and press the TAB key to cycle through the commands starting with that letter.

Also If you want to add a file you must put the filename EXACTLY what is says.

Lets say you want to add scr_mysticrealm44.wad.

You put ADDFILE SCR_MYSTICREALM44.WAD. (Exactly as it says.)

supersonic45 said:
I know now. But cant I use the consle? Oh, and one thing, sharpen up your grammer a bit. :mrgreen:
Wow. You're definately the right person to criticise another's 'grammer'.

If it won't find the file. You either haven't put it in the same folder as the EXE or you haven't spelt it correctly when you typed it in. Don't forget the .Wad at the end of it.

Neo Chaotikal said:
supersonic45 said:
I know now. But cant I use the consle? Oh, and one thing, sharpen up your grammer a bit. :mrgreen:

And you "definately" the right person to correct someone's spelling. =P

Dark Warrior said:
Neo Chaotikal said:
supersonic45 said:

And you "definately" the right person to correct someone's spelling. =P
And "you" definitely the right person to-- Enough grammar naziism, please D:

Sorry about the grammer incedent! Plus, I figured it out. I had (and you do to)called srb2. It's pretty hiden, but you should find it. Put your WAD files in there then use the consle. It should work. Only thing is though, Iwill say it out loud... YOUR GAME DATA WILL STAY IN THE GAME YOU USE IT. AND THE FILES WON'T WORK IF YOU DONT USE THE GAME THAT THE FILES ARE IN. There. I said it. (now, lets wait to get this topic locked,shall we?)

supersonic45 said:
Sorry about the grammer incedent! Plus, I figured it out. I had (and you do to)called srb2. It's pretty hiden, but you should find it.

...Pretty hidden? The srb2 folder is where you first put it. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back