• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lat' does bullshit~

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honnest, the way this thing works is extremely dumb, it's just about throwing the player's state and momentums on the object along with making stuff when they collide.

Anyway, It's 'bout damn time to revive this!

Someone admitelly convinced me to start doing it along with some other stuff I'm working on, though, I'm not really sure about the perspective I gave to the... "upper hair" (?)

Honestly, it's hard to give feedback on the sprite in a screenshot like this. I don't get why you left the camera so far away. What I can kind of tell is that his hair does seems pretty inaccurate, so I took a reference picture to help you out.

nI3Wc4h.png

GentleEsteemedEthiopianwolf.gif

what sprites are you talking about ??????

EDIT: Oh, and, I didn't forget Silver, just hasn't been very motivated working on him at all since a long way, but, eventually I'll continue it.

this post will eat your fucking router

In fact, I didn't even start it hoping it'd get into 2.2 vanilla.
But since your hype insists...

PalatableRelievedBlackwidowspider.gif

VastVagueFieldmouse.gif

PiercingInfiniteInchworm.gif

GrossHideousBeardeddragon.gif

So this is why Silver didn't get a lot of progress !!

He looks absolutely adorable, and I really wish I could give it a hug, especially after seeing that tails wagging gif =3

The tails in the DSZ2 running animation, instead, don't completely convince me.
Perhaps it's just the low resolution of the gif, but I can't shake the sensation that the tails look more like an 'S' rotating back and forth along a small angle rather than two tails actually spinning.

The rest is pretty amazing, though, we've been without actual swimming sprites for Tails for too much, and this finally puts an end to the suffering, so thank you so much.

Personally, I think his tails should be spinning much faster when he's running. Other than that, this is looking very good so far.

Well, actually, i think the tails in the running frame are just about the only thing that hasn't changed since they were made, and they were the first thing that he made for "Kilometers Prower". And trust me, he changed alot of things. Including the name, since it was originally "Tails CD" but then, i remembered about Tails' actual name of "Miles Prower" being a pun, and the creator, atleast the original one, of Miles, that we know as "Iceman" is from America, if i recall correctly. Along with me being in Europe, while Lat' is outright in the EU. So i said in a chat with him "How about we call Tails CD as Kilometers instead?"
And one sorta-noteworthy detail from a PM, that Lat' said in a joking manner:
Lat' in a PM said:
"Shall Kilometers rule over Miles in this world!"
Now, where'd i park my IS-2, komrad... =P

I Must say the tails sprites you made right there are looking really Cool, tails is 100 times cuter now ;)

One thing I must ask, if this is going to be released like Chuckles was or if they are in 2.2, only in 2.2.
(I'm not really clear on whether this is in 2.2 or not.)

Yeah, his tails in the running animation look like they are moving back and forth rather than actually doing circles. Also, the shading on his tails in the spring up and falling down animations looks strange.

But other than that, 10/10.

those sprites are really cool! even better than iceman's *imo*, can't wait to test it out :D keep dem good work! ;)

I like how he basically revealed this today. The amount of progress I've seen before this is unlike any other. He is truly dedicated to making his version of Tails, and if the devs feel its up to par for 2.2, Kilometers will be the new Tails of SRB2.

Holy shit these look absolutely brilliant, you've really given this incarnation of Tails a cute and unique flare, yet he still fits in perfectly with Fuckingsonic and Chuckles (which I assume was you're intention). But his animated tails was just the icing on the cake for me. My only somewhat criticism is that when in his jogging animation, I don't feel like his arms stretch outwards enough, or it might just be his tails covering them up since they are quite large. But other than that this Tails is just perfect in my eyes and I goddamn hope that this replaces the current tails, I'm more than impressed and I look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous sprites. :D

Welp, mission accomplished.Funny how I only notice this thing on the running frames when you talk about it, it always semt fine to me ingame. The arms in the back jogging are behind the tails, yep, but they're visible in every other angle.
And, as I said, I started it for another reason than 2.2, so it is getting a separate release.

PalatableRelievedBlackwidowspider.gif

VastVagueFieldmouse.gif

PiercingInfiniteInchworm.gif

GrossHideousBeardeddragon.gif

So this is why Silver didn't get a lot of progress !!

Screw Miles, Kilometres is more unique and better... in my opinion :P
#Kilometresfor2.2 (May as well, make this a thing. Do it devs!)

Welp, mission accomplished.Funny how I only notice this thing on the running frames when you talk about it, it always semt fine to me ingame. The arms in the back jogging are behind the tails, yep, but they're visible in every other angle.
And, as I said, I started it for another reason than 2.2, so it is getting a separate release.

I was only talking about the back angle since that's what i saw, I'm sure that the other angles look great, i just thought the back angle of the animation looked a little off.

Also, awesome to hear this is getting a separate release, this will make the wait for Fuckingsonic a lot more bearable, and after Kilometers released you can damn bet he'll be my default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back