Post your Desktop

Been using Air for a while, but then came across a nice wallpaper that would be more suited toward a darker desktop theme, so I went back to Oxygen. Oxygen + Smooth Tasks = really nice looks.

GoodInBlack.png

I also got rid of that dumb quick launch on the left, because I was opening programs by accident. I now access my favorite programs through the Applications Menu.

Oh, and the task items shrink like that when they're on a different virtual desktop. Extremely useful for keeping things tidy while still allowing me to see all open windows at once.

Last edited:
2lsa1ro.png

...But the really impressive thing about this one is that I managed to make it in a sleep-deprived state at five in the morning!

Ugh. Honestly, this is really ugly in retrospect. But I like the main idea.

Last edited:
desktopnm.jpg

I always like using custom themes, and this one is supposed to be Win7. My PC is WinXP, as usual.

I made the wallpaper myself, by trying to replicate Sonic's Brawl Ending. I can never find a ripped set of Ending pics, so this one will do nicely.

New pic.
MyDesktop.png

Oh, and about the Stress Reliever thing, it's this thing where you can basically destroy your desktop. Google "destroy desktop."

Just occurred to me that I've never posted my desktop in here, at all. Now's a good time, I guess. Sucks, though, that I'm still stuck on 1280x1024 until I get a new (hopefully widescreen) monitor.

desktop-new.jpg

And, in case you're extremely curious about the two command prompts running at the moment...

desktop-new-cmd.jpg

The window on the right, as you can pretty easily guess if you look carefully, is the XIRC Bot running on Espernet -- aka "Kikyo". On the other side is an experimental IRCd that I've been working on for about nine months or so for an IRC-based RPG.

anyone that makes any stupid jokes regarding Kagome being in the image while I have a bot named Kikyo running at the same time will be shot.

犬夜叉;654768 said:
anyone that makes any stupid jokes regarding Kagome being in the image while I have a bot named Kikyo running at the same time will be shot.
Hmm. Apparently Inuyasha is cheating on the dead girl. We might need to get the bot to a support group.

DT.png

My desktop is a custom theme. It's the Royale skin with the SADX wallpaper off of Sonic Central. And about some of the crap that was there, I was on MSN with a friend,I had my 1.09.4 folder open because I was playing netgames with some people on TS3,and I had the MS launcher open for a reason that is pretty obvious.

desktop-12-25-09.jpg

Two things:

1. The background is a mosaic of some the music albums I have played on my last.fm profile. I have it set to generate once daily using the really cool Gijsco's LastFM Background Generator, and it's actually why I got a last.fm profile in the first place :E Yeah, I'm a huge Taylor Swift fan.

2. This is also my new tablet PC, which I've set up to work with both touchscreen AND voice recognition -- panels for both are shown. All seriously, THIS is how you use a computer in the future! I.e. tapping at buttons directly and telling your computer to do things without moving a muscle. Easily the best purchase I ever made -- all of $350.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back