Any way to change the properties of the character mid-game without changing the skin?

CloneFighter

Mediocre Lua scripter
Yes, I am trying to make a basic shapeshift thing (e.g. a Sonic that behaves and looks like Tails)
You might know what I'm trying to create this way but it's fine I'm posting a thread about him in editing anyway

Last edited:
Since this is in Editing Help, I assume you mean in Lua.

The player structure has... well... about everything the player is. It holds fields for the current skin flags in action (charflags), the current primary ability (charability), normal speed (normalspeed) and so on.

Just change them to your desired value and it should work.

Since this is in Editing Help, I assume you mean in Lua.

The player structure has... well... about everything the player is. It holds fields for the current skin flags in action (charflags), the current primary ability (charability), normal speed (normalspeed) and so on.

Just change them to your desired value and it should work.
Didn't notice player_t had it. I was thinking about modifying skin_t.
Thanks for the help!

That's going to be a bit hard.
Because of the SPR2 system in place, you would need to change the player's skin for it to also change the sprites used.

I'd suggest creating an object that follows a player and copies their state, sprite and frame, then change this object's skin accordingly.

Getting somewhere...

attachment.php

From there I just need to make it have a followitem (the "STND" problem is caused by me not including sprites for the states).
Oh, and the delay is nonexistent for the bounce in this form. Lul.
attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20058.gif
    3.8 MB · Views: 358
  • srb20059.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Nvm, somehow managed to do it using player.mo.skin. SOMEHOW player.mo.skin only changed the player's look and not the properties

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back