This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Frankly I've never really known anyone to use multiple MAINCFGs per WAD before anyway.

...though if you seriously were going to do that, kill "OBJCTCFG" as well and end the myth that all characters must use it for character select SOCs once and for all. \o/

Please do \o/

Ok, I got this error, when trying to save a level of mine:

Code:
Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed
   at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetModuleInfos(Int32 processId, Boolean firstModuleOnly)
   at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetFirstModuleInfo(Int32 processId)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_MainModule()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.FileLockChecker.CheckFile(String path)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.SaveMap(String newfilepathname, SavePurpose purpose)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.SaveMap()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.ActionSaveMap()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.Begin()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.InvokeAction(String actionname)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.InvokeTaggedAction(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

So far, the only solution to this, was to save it as a new wad. Not sure if it's a fault on my side tho.

So far, the only solution to this, was to save it as a new wad. Not sure if it's a fault on my side tho.
This means the wad you're trying to overwrite is used by another process, Maybe SRB2, Or maybe Slade3 .... etc

Maybe, but I think it happened when I wasn't using SRB2 or SLADE at the same time tho. I might be wrong though.

The crash message "Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed" indicates that your system couldn't open the file in question, but it can't be because another process was using it, because in that case ZB will show an error message instead of crashing. It's likely some kind of problem with file access on your system, and not ZB's fault.

It doesn't crash afaik, Happened to me last time and got a similar error message, It looked like a crash but i fixed it just by closing SRB2 .

found an error with the installer. It's still installing VisplaneExplorer.dll.

Please check if this was intended as I had to delete it from 2.5's folder.

my issue was that it causes the builder to malfunction, making stuff like the 3dmode(new maps) build mode(Opened maps) and normal closing of the program not work. I'll restore the dll so I can grab the details it generates.

This is at opening a map
Code:
***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Zone Builder: v2.5

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Error 32 while loading vpo.dll: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Plugins.VisplaneExplorer.VPOManager..ctor()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Plugins.VisplaneExplorer.BuilderPlug.OnMapOpenEnd()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Plugins.PluginManager.OnMapOpenEnd()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.OpenMapFileWithOptions(String filename, MapOptions options)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.OpenMapFile(String filename, MapOptions options)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.recentitem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Accompanied by this error:
VisplaneExplorer: Error 32 while loading vpo.dll: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

Closeing the program with the X button
Code:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Plugins.VisplaneExplorer.BuilderPlug.Dispose()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Plugins.PluginManager.Dispose()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.Terminate(Boolean properexit)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.WndProc(Message& m)
Closeing from file/exit
Code:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.CloseMap()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.WndProc(Message& m)

Last edited:
Could you please check under Game Configurations -> Modes if the Visplane Explorer plugin is enabled? If so, do these crashes still happen if it's disabled?

I disabled the dll in the mode tab and the errors still pop up. Even after rebooting the program.

This issue was also present in Doom builder 2 as People using that program for Doom had the same problem with the Dll file.

I'm not sure if I should report this error message or not as I don't know if it's my OS causing it or a glitch in the program.

Code:
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualMode.UpdateChangedObjects()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualMode.Interface_OnSectorEditFormValuesChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.EditForm_OnValuesChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.SectorEditForm.ceilingtex_OnValueChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.ImageSelectorControl.ShowPreview(Image image)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.ImageSelectorControl.name_TextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Text(String value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.set_Text(String value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.set_Text(String value)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.ImageSelectorControl.preview_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
It did not crash so I was still able to continue working on the map/saving progress, but I went ahead and restarted the program afterwards just in case.

So, I had this rather small idea rolling around in my head, and I thought I'd share it.

Would it be possible to have Zone Builder be able to view multiple maps in tabs? It'd be convenient when looking at other maps/the wiki's example maps for reference when making a map, testing out linedefs, etc.

Last edited:
Nope, sorry. Keep in mind that ZB is basically GZDoom Builder with a few modifications to make it work for SRB2. I don't have the time to add major features, especially if they're not SRB2-specific. If GZDoom Builder ever adds tabs, and if I ever manage to catch up with GZDB's commit history, I might be able to add them to ZB as well, but otherwise, no.

If you want to work on multiple maps at once, you can of course just open multiple windows of ZB. Obviously it'll use more memory than a single window with multiple tabs would, but it'll do the trick.

Um, can I make a 2D mode section in my map? I am trying to make a Demo version of my map/character .wad called the Zion DLC(I am super self centered). I keep looking around for help. But all I get is a video on how to make a 2d section in SRB2 Doom Builder, which ONLY works for 2.0.6(Maybe, I really don't think they ever update it). So I have one question, HALP!

Was in the wiki because I wanted to try to get back into learning Zone Builder and also seeing the tutorial for it since I went off the old Doom tutorial. So I started from the beginning chapters and noticed that I no longer needed Thok Barriers in 2.16.

Thank the Lord. I never thought I'd see the day. Thok barriers were the one thing hindering me from progressing in making my own levels. Mostly just because whenever I would do the linedef structure for it, it always failed and Sonic would go through into the Hall of Mirrors. Seriously, this is a big thing for me even though I'm sure a lot of other editors simply overlooked it. So thanks a lot.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back