Character Projectiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomariTheAdventurer

The Omelette Man
I am currently working on a character wad of Jazz from the Jazz Jackrabbit games. I would like the character to have the ability to use a laser gun as he does in the games. This should be quite simple, but how would I do that?

While we're at it.. another thing I've never understood is the start and endcolor part of S_SKIN1. This is something I always seem to mess up.

Maybe some LUA scripting might help you use a laser like Eggman in GFZ act 3. I'm not expirienced in LUA so i'm not the best at that.

I am currently working on a character wad of Jazz from the Jazz Jackrabbit games. I would like the character to have the ability to use a laser gun as he does in the games. This should be quite simple, but how would I do that?

While we're at it.. another thing I've never understood is the start and endcolor part of S_SKIN1. This is something I always seem to mess up.
Palette.png

You use Startcolor and Endcolor to set the range of the color that gets changed in multiplayer(in singleplayer, the game uses prefcolor). Endcolor was removed in 2.0.x, and startcolor uses a range of 16 colors now. This means the next 16 colors on the palette will change color on your sprite.
(This palette looks outdated and incomplete for 2.1, can someone upload the 2.1 one ?)

Last edited:
For the laser shooting, you could use Monster Iestyn's Robo-hood's Lua script for a reference. Simply replace the projectile part in the .Lua to the projectile you want, and replace the character skin name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back