How can I make a cutscene?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the April Fool's one embedded in the srb2.srb file, or take a peek at one of the major mods.

Ok. Thanks, SSNTails.

I am becoming really good at level design, I hope that I can get really amazing at making cutscenes.

Just be prepaired to wrestle with what ever you're using to make them and SRB2. Cutscenes can be very fussy

I hope that I can get really amazing at making cutscenes.

Man, you better keep only with the levels. Most of the cutscenes (in my opinion) are boring, and then we got "TP", (Tortured Planet) where for each level there's one. The creator takes lots of time (or not) to make it, and in the end almost no one see the results of the work (a cutscene). I don't even read the cutscenes... But if you want, feel free to try. Cutscenes should be only (too in my opinion) in the intro, the credits, hidden levels and in some cases, the final boss (before it).

When making a cutscene, it's always a good idea to check the cutscene on 320x200 or 600x400. That's what I do so text won't cutoff at the edge of the screen. If it does, plant it in the next line or have what you want in the cutscene but summarized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back