Help changing portraits and live icons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra

I tried to change the character portrait and life icon of a character, and the character portrait worked perfectly, but when I started the game using the character, it was just normal Sonic. I tried again, and got an entirely white Sonic. I need some help here. Please?

SRB2 Wiki said:
face = *insert lump name here*
facename = *insert lump name here*

Okay... I'm gonna take sonicce.wad as an example...
If the 'portrait' lump name is CSONFACE, put CSONFACE under 'face' and for the name that goes with it in the HUD, if the lump name is CSONNAME, put CSONNAME under 'facename' That's as much as I can explain it so far. =/

Okay... I'm gonna take sonicce.wad as an example...
If the 'portrait' lump name is CSONFACE, put CSONFACE under 'face' and for the name that goes with it in the HUD, if the lump name is CSONNAME, put CSONNAME under 'facename' That's as much as I can explain it so far. =/

NO.
Dude, you don't get it.
I'm editing an already completed wad made by someone else and it has all the sprites.

Sorry for the double post, I've fixed this problem. There was a character limit of some sort on the maincfg and S_SKIN (or S_SKIN1, whatever) which was...somehow the reason he just spawned as Sonic? I think the skin name had too many characters in it.

Sorry for the double post, I've fixed this problem. There was a character limit of some sort on the maincfg and S_SKIN (or S_SKIN1, whatever) which was...somehow the reason he just spawned as Sonic? I think the skin name had too many characters in it.

If it was a skin name with more than 16 characters in it, then yeah, that was was too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back