Screwed up texture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaotic Chao

horns Horns HORNS
srb20082.png

Ok, so you can tell by the picture that the top of the tree is NOT supposed to look like that(ignore the huge hole in the top of the tree, I got around to fixing it). Close up:
srb20084.png

The texture is exactly the same as the side texture used for the tree, except it's a flat. It screws up on the bottom, too.

I STILL have to get rid of the cyan part on my grass borders(http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=34825). I STILL can't figure that out, and now this. Oh my freaking gosh.

If I had to guess, you either did not save your image as a DOOM FLAT, or have the correct dimensions for flat textures.

If you are using XWE, that program supports 64 by 64, 128 by 128 or 256 by 256 flats.

If you are using SLADE (which is pretty much an updated SLumpEd and far better in most aspects), I wouldn't know what that supports. I would think that it would at least support 64 by 64 and 128 by 128 flats, but I am not sure.

Well, when I did save it and open it up again, it didn't look like a bunch of foreign capital I's and E's. I'm guessing that means I did something wrong???
EDIT: The dimensions are 120 x 120, which is wrong. I solved it!
Thanks!
For helping me solve it!

Last edited:
If you are using SLADE (which is pretty much an updated SLumpEd and far better in most aspects), I wouldn't know what that supports. I would think that it would at least support 64 by 64 and 128 by 128 flats, but I am not sure.
The same as XWE, as far as I know.

If SLADE does not automatically crop pictures to have 255 height like SLumpEd when converting to the palette, then yeah it should support 256 by 256 flats. If it does this, I would be interested if SLADE could make larger flats work in SRB2 since it can supposedly have up to 4096 by 4096 flats.

If SLADE does not automatically crop pictures to have 255 height like SLumpEd when converting to the palette, then yeah it should support 256 by 256 flats. If it does this, I would be interested if SLADE could make larger flats work in SRB2 since it can supposedly have up to 4096 by 4096 flats.

SLADE can't even recognise the 512x512 flats in srb2.srb as flats, just like XWE, so...

I tested saving 512 x 512 flats with SLADE and they do work. It would not let me convert larger images to flats though. I tried to figure out if there is a way to save images to the format that SRB2 uses for flats (apparently some sort of raw format) to see if really large flats can work for srb2, but I gave up. I don't know why anyone would want to have such large flats, but I suppose it is interesting to find out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back