Level Creation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate

a scar in time...
Yes, I have read the doombuilder tutorial and the wiki. I have read these posts as well, and they have helped with some questions.

Of course, to many of you this will seem dumb, but here goes:
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk206/philipawalker/doombuilder1.jpg?t=1206234971

-The orange sector is an FOF over water. it works perfectly when I don't connect it to the bigger sector on the left, but once I connect it, it gets all messed up, and the textures are wrong.

-I want to make it so that the whole area surrounded by the outermost sector is accessable (you'll die if you go there though). But, there is an invisible wall that doesn't let me pass through each sector. If I roll/thok I can get through it. I think this is related to a thok barrier thing, but I don't know how to fix it.

-Yes, I am a noob.

If anyone could please answer these two questions, it would be much appreciated. Hopefully out of my current noob struggles an at least decent map or two will be produced.

Did you read the page:

SRB2 Doombuilder Tutorial

or did you read the unfinished version:

User:SonicMaster/SRB2 Doom Builder Tutorial

You won't get anywhere with the former one, trust me. You could also read ST218's Doom Builder Tutorial. At least that one's good AND it's finished.

---
Anyway, about making the thok barrier accessible to pass through and cause you to die? How about making touching the edge of the thok barrier be instant death? Make another square with its edges very close to the thok barrier, and give it the Instant Kill sector type. However, I don't think that's very good level design, anyway.

All right, thank you :D

I found the better tutorial which you mentioned and I was able to fix the problem ^^. Thank you very much. Hopefully at the end of the week I'll have a beta version of the level that I'll release ^^

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Did you read the page:

SRB2 Doombuilder Tutorial

or did you read the unfinished version:

User:SonicMaster/SRB2 Doom Builder Tutorial

You won't get anywhere with the former one, trust me. You could also read ST218's Doom Builder Tutorial. At least that one's good AND it's finished.

Note: This quote isn't truly accurate anymore. SRB2 Doombuilder Tutorial now redirects to SRB2 Doom Builder Tutorial. My version is now up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back