Math In SRb2

Status
Not open for further replies.

baba_944

So I don't know if I should post this here on in the general topic as it relate to both. I'm learning C# as a programming language as, from what I'm learning now, it takes basic, if not moderately, math skills. However, as I saw in the hacking guide for this game, it takes complex math (like sin cos and tan). So what math skills do I need for programming?

Also, sorry if this is a duplicate. I swear I posted a topic similar to this prior.

If you want to make complex stuff from scratch involving projections, physics, etc, you'll want to know at least pre-calculus and some basic trigonometry, and know how to search (Stack Overflow is your friend) the things you don't know. (Some knowledge of physics helps as well if you're dealing with movement interactions.) But for just tinkering, you can get away with basic middle-school math knowledge and a lot of curiosity. (I learned basic trig at 12 from studying those old Sonic fangame engines in MMF!) If your problem is actually working out the numbers, the nice thing about programming is you don't have to be able to do that, as long as you can memorize the rules and put them into code.

Also, sorry if this is a duplicate. I swear I posted a topic similar to this prior.
There's a "find all threads started by x" link in on each user's profile page you can use to check for that sort of thing, for future reference.

Anyways, while what Red said about not needing to be good with the actual calculations is true, being able to desk check your code is nothing to sneeze at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back