DS1 Strange Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trolo Bobo

Kurt Gödel's Collected Works
I don't know if anyone mentioned this before but I found this in DSZ1. It's a small room with a few robo-fishes and the floor is a bottomless pit:

http://imgur.com/ba4EiQF

You can acces this room by noclipping the wall in front of you at the beggining of the level. What was this room supposed to be? And sorry if there's already a thread about this.

Wow I tried it, and I saw it too. Seems like an unfinished room made for a secret or something only when entering a portal, I guess. I also noted its sector has higher gravity effect. Only one of the devs or someone who knows what this are is can tell us what is this for. Great finding! :P

There is no higher gravity effect in the room, just normal underwater physics. If you look at it in a map editor, you will see that it's actually the bottom of the room that leads up to the gargoyle puzzle path. The entire floor of that room is comprised of FOFs, so the pit below is inaccessible by normal means. I assume that the death pit used to be visible at some point during DSZ's development, but then somebody closed it off to make the room easier and forgot about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back