Should GFZ and THZ ever get updated for future SRB2 versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven

Steven Duda
This question has been in my head for quite some time. Should Green Flower Zone and Techno Hill Zone get updated for future versions of SRB2. Kinda like how Castle Eggman Zone got remade for 2.0. Now these are classic levels from old versions of SRB2 but the look so amateurish compared to the scope and scale of the 2.0 levels. This is just my opinion that they should get remade and I want to see what the SRB2 community would say.

Maybe a few extra secrets should be added, and a little more scenery placed here and there, but I actually don't get all the hate for those levels. I mean, by 2.0 standards they aren't exactly beautiful, but for the most part they are solidly built and serve as a nice introduction to the game.

Perhaps some adjustments to Greenflower Zone act 2 so that some rooms don't seem so tall. Adding trees may help. Techno Hill Zone Act 1 could use some work too, but I'm not quite sure what to do with that.

According to this, GFZ1 will receive several modifications, and THZ1's factory section will be extended.
I think Mystic said this a few months ago. I can't be bothered to dig through the logs, but I added it right away after he said it (could you confirm this, Mystic?). Also, GFZ2 will receive a 2x scaled GFZROCK in some places to make it seem less tall.

I think GFZROCK2 looks much better than normal GFZROCK, but I doubt it'll be replaced. I also think the Deton path in THZ2 should be shortened, because it's both riskier and longer than the other one, making it rather useless. I really dislike some parts of the beginning of THZ1, but again, I doubt it'll ever be changed in that regard.

Personally, I love the fact that GFZ2 looks so tall and open. The first time I saw it, I literally said "wow".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back