• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Red XVI's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Pretty chill guy
This is what I was working on for a while as an entry for a contest 1.09.4, but now since 2.0 is out, I decided to create a topic for it's WIP state. This shall probably be my first 2.0 release, even though it's probably not gonna feature any cool new things the new release has to offer. I'm going to try to implement sideways crushers though, and maybe some swinging chains. No download link.
Anyway, here are some screenshots.

You start off in a very GFZ1-like place, complete with blue crawlas and very familiar scenery:
srb20001-11.png

The fabled house:
srb20050.png

When you touch the door to go inside, you will find that RedXVI is very fancy and has quite a taste in architecture, and possibly fine cigars.
srb20051.png

srb20052.png

I'm pretty much scrapped for ideas at the moment, and I have about 1 minute of gameplay so far. I'm really hoping someone could help me make a RedXVI boss or something that relates to the player meeting him.
Suggestions?
Comments?

Looks really awesome, and the idea is very creative. The ending could relate to the CEZ2 "marriage secret".
For some reason, this seems familiar.

It's really cool. I have two suggestions:

1. In the place with the third screenshot, don't make the floor brick. Try making it wooden.
2. Have the level end by leaving the house, coming out the other side, and hitting that sign visible in the second screenshot.

Keep in mind that you now have plenty of enemies to work with. So maybe you'll want to add some robot guards into the mix, assuming RedXVI would have some sort of security in case people break into his house.

You could make a platforming section out of fountains, like that one little tid bit in Hidden Sanctuary 2.

Hm, I'll see what I can do with the new enemies, even though I can't say I like most of the new ones included in CEZ.

This is a great level by the screenshots. I say this will turn out right. "RedXVI really knows how to maximize room space," XD

Why don't you edit the RedXVI as a pope sprites and make them look like pajamas or something? XD

Looks pretty cool. If you want some ideas, how about a security system with some turrets and such? :3

I haven't even found Pope RedXVI, and I'm not really thinking about modeling this after his image like that. If I really wanted to, I'd make the inside of his house some kind of chapel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back