Is SEGA going to cancel Sonic the Hedgehog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luminous said:
I wouldn't call an opinion bad unless it's biased or some other similar thing.

You can personally have an opinion, but undeniably there will be a fact to go against it.

Sonnarkku said:
The only game I have disliked from Sonic on 3D is Unleashed on the PS2, so my awnser is yes.

You ask for reasons on why people didn't like the games... I'm gonna ask for reasons why you like the game.

Sonnarkku said:
This whole thing... I am now in need of a serious explanation of why you say those games are bad, all of them and explained in a logic way, I will not accept "Sonic NextGen suck because of the glitches" I want you to say constructive criticism like "Sonic NextGen sucks because most of the glitches make you loose your rings, or even die, affecting your S rank" I will also not accept "Shadow's game is bad because he uses guns and don't fit the franchise", I want "The weapon system on Shadow the Hedgehog lacked aiming or sight, wich simply made the game harder, also, the bazooka system was too weak for being a bazooka".
I never gave my opinion on the newer games, but I was utterly disappointed with Sonic Adventure DX -- that is the latest game I have played in the Sonic franchise, and my attention to the series has certainly faded off. Fortunately I can say it was worth its 10 bucks.
Why I didn't like SADX? Lots of clipping issues. Falling off platforms, falling through the street, objects falling through, and I didn't like the music all that much either (some of it I noticed was recycled from Sonic 3D Blast -- these recycles I liked the most). The voice acting was... cheesy, and I really didn't like the various game "modes" each different character played. Only Sonic and Tails stacked up to me.

Project Dark Fox said:
Sonnarkku said:
This whole thing... I am now in need of a serious explanation of why you say those games are bad, all of them and explained in a logic way, I will not accept "Sonic NextGen suck because of the glitches" I want you to say constructive criticism like "Sonic NextGen sucks because most of the glitches make you loose your rings, or even die, affecting your S rank" I will also not accept "Shadow's game is bad because he uses guns and don't fit the franchise", I want "The weapon system on Shadow the Hedgehog lacked aiming or sight, wich simply made the game harder, also, the bazooka system was too weak for being a bazooka".
I never gave my opinion on the newer games, but I was utterly disappointed with Sonic Adventure DX -- that is the latest game I have played in the Sonic franchise, and my attention to the series has certainly faded off. Fortunately I can say it was worth its 10 bucks.
Why I didn't like SADX? Lots of clipping issues. Falling off platforms, falling through the street, objects falling through, and I didn't like the music all that much either (some of it I noticed was recycled from Sonic 3D Blast -- these recycles I liked the most). The voice acting was... cheesy, and I really didn't like the various game "modes" each different character played. Only Sonic and Tails stacked up to me.

DX pales in comparison to the original for DC.

Project Dark Fox said:
Oh, thanks a lot. I'm sorry, I don't have a Dreamcast. >:
But what's the difference between the original and DX?

Less clipping bugs and such, and when you do fall through the wall, it's a shortcut rather than instant death :D

emblempride said:
Project Dark Fox said:

Less clipping bugs and such, and when you do fall through the wall, it's a shortcut rather than instant death :D

Most SA glitches can be done in SADX.

Project Dark Fox said:

SA:DX Replaces some of the old models, with uglier "glossy" ones.
Mission Mode
Game-Gear games
60 fps frame-rate (though it's unstable)
Shorter load times
Some sounds are lower/higher pitched.
I think Metal Sonic was also added in DX, I'm not sure though.

Autosaver said:
emblempride said:
Project Dark Fox said:

Most SA glitches can be done in SADX.

MOST, not all.

Same for SA2:B, that's why TA'ing is a bitch in the GC versions.

SADX was a stupid port/remake(?) of SA. That doesn't mean I didn't like SA. SA/SADX is one of my favorite games.

They just only added what XAlted said but its still the same game :/ Same goes to SA2:B.

if they cancel sonic the have...

...super monkey ball um... um... mabey nights...
...i cant think of anything else

They also have Phantasy Star, although ever since the closing of the PSO servers, I don't think they know how to handle the series properly.

Whatever, if SEGA ever comes up with the idea of cancelling STH, it woudn´t be in 10 years or any sooner.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if this has been said before, but why would SEGA give up on one of it's most dependable sources of revenue? SEGA has been losing a lot of money recently, and needs all the sales it can get. Sonic is not only SEGA's most recognizable property, but is also one of its most reliable sources of cash, regardless of whether or not the games are good. Even if SEGA were doing fine, the company would be completely insane to sell off the Sonic franchise.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if this has been said before, but why would SEGA give up on one of it's most dependable sources or revenue? SEGA has been losing a lot of money recently, and needs all the sales it can get. Sonic is not only SEGA's most recognizable property, but is also one of its most reliable sources of cash, regardless of whether or not the games are good. Even if SEGA were doing fine, the company would be completely insane to sell off the Sonic franchise.

Then this should push them to make an actually fantastic Sonic game, riiight? This should push them to make Needlemouse pretty excellent then, I hope.

GREG THE CAT said:
Then this should push them to make an actually fantastic Sonic game, riiight? This should push them to make Needlemouse pretty excellent then, I hope.

In 90% of cases like this, yeah, that's what I'd expect. But Sonic has enough popularity (especially with young children) to sell a slew of awful games with his mug on it. As the saying goes around here, "why make a great game when a good one will sell better?" Especially if you can make two or three profitable games in the time it takes to make one truly great game?

In all honesty, I think the primary reason SEGA is making Project Needlemouse in 2D is that 2D games are much less expensive to make than 3D games.

Last edited:
All I can say is that they should just make Sonic games with 2D and I guess 3D with more speed, tricky traps, hard stages, etc.

Even if SEGA cancels Sonic, Sonic Team will keep Sonic running. Maybe Sonic Team will team up with Nintendo... maybe.

All I can say is that they should just make Sonic games with 2D and I guess 3D with more speed, tricky traps, hard stages, etc.

What? wasn´t Sonic Unleashed enough for you? If Sonic went faster in 3D, it would be impossible to even see what´s in front of you, there is no need for it to be faster, just leave it that way.

SADX was a stupid port/remake(?) of SA. That doesn't mean I didn't like SA. SA/SADX is one of my favorite games.

They just only added what XAlted said but its still the same game :/ Same goes to SA2:B.

Ugh, it was actually a good move.
Everyone knows the Dreamcast died pretty quickly, along with the Sonic Adventure games. It was smart to bring it to the gamecube so others could play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back