Version 2.1 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a bug in SDL2. Try this.

CFLAGS="-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE" make -C src/ LINUX64=1

If you want to compile for the sdl 1.2 interface, grep for INTERFACE=sdl and change it to INTERFACE=sdl12, and include sdl/Makefile.cfg replace with include sdl12/Makefile.cfg.
Thanks, worked like a charm. I also had to edit sdl12/Makefile.cfg and replace all references of "sdl/" with "sdl12/", but once I did that everything was just peachy.

I'm thinking the changes to sdl12/Makefile.cfg should be committed upstream, the workaround includes should be specified in a readme or the makefile itself, and an easier way of switching to sdl12 should be implemented. Even more ideally is to make sdl2 support OpenGL and all of the other features sdl12 supports, but that's probably easier said than done.

EDIT:

I'm looking into seeing why openGL doesn't want to work with SDL2. And I've found out something interesting: M_CheckParm("-opengl") always returns 0 with SDL2, but not with SDL12. In fact, if the line "if (M_CheckParm("-opengl") || rendermode == render_opengl)" in sdl/i_video.c has a semicolon added to the end, opengl seems to work just fine at a cursory glance, md2s and all. The only remaining question is, why does M_CheckParm("-opengl") return 0 in SDL2 and now SDL12?

I then realized that my entire problem has to do with including sc_srb2hub_1.3.wad using the -file parameter. When this wad is used with -file on the linux64 sdl2 build, it will reset myargc, something it doesn't so with sdl12. I don't know what about the wad does this, but somehow while loading it screws up parameters. It may have to do with the custom profile/savegames [whatever it's called] the wad has. I put in a hack to restore the value of myargc after calling W_InitMultipleFiles in D_SRB2Main, which is where the value of argc gets reset. In the absence of a proper solution, I'll be using this hack. If someone in stjr wants it, I've submitted a pull request.

Last edited:
Good job, we seem to be progressing more and more, I hope to see more new stuff.

Version 2.1.11 Release

Posted by Inuyasha on 08-27-2014 02:47 AM.

I ran out of witty things to say. Sorry. Just have an update that is — hopefully — stable for the foreseeable future.

This release is being provided both in the form of an installer for those new to the game, and a patch for those who have already installed the game. The patch works with any previous version of 2.1.

This release fixes the following issues:

• Fixed game state becoming indeterminate if a player leaves while resynching, often causing crashes or game freezes.
  • Monitors on moving/bouncing platforms are no longer deadly to touch.
  • Fixed an exploit where characters could be changed while continuing in Single Player.
  • Fixed game freeze on Egg Satellite Zone in OpenGL.
  • Fixed missing emblem on Flooded Cove Zone.
  • Minor optimization/speed related improvements.
  • Minor level design fixes.
  • Fixed patches wrapping from the right side to the left side even when they weren’t supposed to.
  • Detons no longer murder their resident animals if they strike a wall or object.
On a side note, the Soundtrack was also updated as well; a few missing tracks were added and the tracks were re-tagged and organized into two “CDs” of tracks. If you have the time, you should go check it out.

View on SRB2.org

I just wanted to add, if you guy's get this error on the new patch release (srb2 2.1.11).

error.png

It might be because your anti virus software isn't allowing the program to execute.

I got this error when my anti-virus program (Avast) was scaning the program. You have to let it scan it and allow it to execute to make it work.

Last edited:
Other fixes and changes not mentioned in the srb2.org post:

• "MAPxxD" lumps are no longer supported. Never had anything to do with maps other than by name anyway.
  • Combining Floor touch + Anywhere-in-sector specials in the same sector no longer cause the former to activate when standing on FOFs/solid objects (such as you being killed when the Floor Touch special is a death pit)
  • All players (anywhere-in-sector) didn't work entirely properly with FOFs - if it happened the FOF's target sector itself had this same special, it would stop the FOFs's own special from working; now these two can have their all-players-anywhere effects combined if one wished!
  • 2D mode skidding no longer ends up working in only one direction (that is, reversing from moving left-wards).
  • The "Countmobjs" console command now omits object types not present when listing all types in the map.
  • Level Load Linedefs no longer need to care about linedef tag anymore, they would have activated other linedefs sharing the same tags before.
  • Player 1's screen-flipping effect for reverse gravity (flipcam and 1st person mode) no longer affects Player 2's screen in splitscreen for OpenGL.

Last edited:
The new Patch have a critical bug.
I have add one of my maps and if i try to start the map via console, the game says, that I have to unlook the map.
I can't choose my map in the menue, because the map doesn't appear.

Bevore I have installed the Patch, there was not a problem like this and I could sttart my map without problems like this.

Yes. but it is not a problem from the map, its a problem from the patch. With 2.1.10 the map was payable without this error.

The patch is fine, if you read Monster Iestyn's post. It clearly said MAPxxD format is no longer supported, which means you gotta rename your MAPxxD lump to maincfg.​

Last edited:
Detons no longer murder their resident animals if they strike a wall or object.
Not sure if this was an intentional deviation, but I would like to point out that in the genesis games, enemies that weren't killed by the player wouldn't drop their animals; e.g., Asteron in Metropolis Zone, Jawz in Hydrocity Zone. Note that Jawz would drop an animal if the player jumped on it, but not if it struck the player.

geez, another update already?

inb4 srb2 2.1.94a

Not sure if this was an intentional deviation, but I would like to point out that in the genesis games, enemies that weren't killed by the player wouldn't drop their animals; e.g., Asteron in Metropolis Zone, Jawz in Hydrocity Zone. Note that Jawz would drop an animal if the player jumped on it, but not if it struck the player.

Look at it this way: Those enemies can be destroyed the proper way. They can be jumped on and they will release a flicky if you do so. Detons, on the other hand, will always damage the player on contact if he/she isn't invincible. Thus the only way to destroy them(make it crash into something) is the proper one, ergo the one that should release a flicky.

And while we're on the topic, do Detons release flickies if they get to smash into the player? 'coz they shouldn't.

Look at it this way: Those enemies can be destroyed the proper way. They can be jumped on and they will release a flicky if you do so. Detons, on the other hand, will always damage the player on contact if he/she isn't invincible. Thus the only way to destroy them(make it crash into something) is the proper one, ergo the one that should release a flicky.

And while we're on the topic, do Detons release flickies if they get to smash into the player? 'coz they shouldn't.
Nope, there's no way to destroy the Asteron. Maybe if you were to place one in debug mode and jump on it (EDIT: yeah, that works, and releases a flicky)? On the other hand, you can destroy a Deton with the armageddon shield or invincibility.

Last edited:
Actually there was one Asteron in Metropolis that could be jumped on. It was placed in a secret path.

Posted by Inuyasha on 08-27-2014 02:47 AM.

On a side note, the Soundtrack was also updated as well; a few missing tracks were added and the tracks were re-tagged and organized into two “CDs” of tracks. If you have the time, you should go check it out.

View on SRB2.org
As much as I appreciate the fact you guys updated the soundtrack, why only 128 kbps for the sound quality? That's very low quality for a soundtrack release. Any chance you guys might upload an alternative upload with much higher sound quality (with FLAC being ideal)?

As much as I appreciate the fact you guys updated the soundtrack, why only 128 kbps for the sound quality? That's very low quality for a soundtrack release. Any chance you guys might upload an alternative upload with much higher sound quality (with FLAC being ideal)?

Agree with this. Would also suggest having the tracks loop at least once before ending, if possible. Some of the single player level tracks are only thirty seconds long.

The sound quality was never that high to begin with. The original source is OGGs at 56 kbps, iirc. There's no sense in having an enormous bitrate or flac when the quality just isn't there to support it. The soundtrack is just a rip, not a remaster.

I still have 16-bit, 44.1khz stereo WAVs of a lot of the tracks. Plus the equip to re-record what I don't have.

Would make for a great kickstarter....no? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back