Version 2.1 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rapid patches we're getting will stop in a couple weeks and then it'll be another year or two before the next major release hits us again, there really isn't significant enough need for an auto-updating SRB2.

The 2.1.5 patch was ok, but don't we have something missing on the multiplayer?

The color doesnt update on player setup screen when you change color, and when you choose sonic, it doesn't show the complete animation, if you know what im saying

The thing with Sonic is actually a bug specific to OpenGL. It's just not flipping when it should for the second half of the animation, so it looks like the first half.

Race was the multiplayer mode I most frequently used. I once hosted a LAN party with 10 friends and we had a 12 hour long race competition.

Mystic hates race, is all. =P

In all seriousness, it was I believe because they didn't pay attention to it and also had no idea how to balance it, so they mostly dropped it out. Any dev, tell me if I'm wrong, since I mostly didn't pay attention either..

As far as I understand it, they decided that balancing the race maps was too much work, and that the normal stages work far better for Race than circuits do. There's no point in keeping maps in the game that were unbalanced but would receive no more development, so they removed them. People can add the WADs back themselves if they want.

Speaking of LAN parties, whatever happened to joining servers on LAN connection?

Yes, I did use that.

Code:
Player 5 has joined the game (node 4)
<Marshmallow> Team?
Player 5 renamed to Doom Flare
* Rainbow Dash takes off the bowl
jeremy left the game (Synch failure)
Player 4 left the game (Synch failure)
SpongeBob SquarePants renamed to DirkTheHedgehog
<Rainbow Dash> I dont even know where I got it from
<Doom Flare> 3
<Doom Flare> 1
<Doom Flare> 3
>map mapf9 -force
Speeding off to level...
Map is now "MAPF9: DUAL FORTRESS ZONE"
<Marshmallow> NOoo
<Marshmallow> Sync not now
<Cal Oblisk> ._.;
Marshmallow left the game (Synch failure)
Player 2 left the game (Synch failure)
Cal Oblisk left the game (Synch failure)
Player 7 left the game (Synch failure)
Rainbow Dash left the game (Synch failure)
Player 9 left the game (Synch failure)
Lightspeed left the game (Synch failure)
Player 10 left the game (Synch failure)
Player 2 has joined the game (node 1)
Steelie left the game (Synch failure)
Player 6 left the game (Synch failure)

The synch failure error is even more broken than consistency failure... No one could join the server for the good half an hour or so and then after last reload, everyone got kicked. I don't know, but it seems the netcode is still crap. To ice the cake, when someone's about to synch fail, it ridiculously spike lags. The game wasn't EVER smooth.

I envy those who have been able to at least get into a netgame for a brief moment. I haven't been able to join a single netgame in any of revisions of 2.1 on Windows or Mac, the game automatically crashes each time...

====

v2.1.6 patch released.

* A timer was added when replaying the special stage levels via NiGHTS Mode.
* Fixed CTF mode for what will hopefully be the last time.
* Fixed the Scatter Ring not working properly.
* Fixed a crash when two people with Armageddon Shields hit each other.
* Forceskin no longer crashes dedicated servers and also outputs a special message on change.
* Some bugs were fixed regarding Knuckles’s sliding along the ground.
* Still more minor level fixes.

====

https://files.srb2.org/srb2.org/SRB2-v216-patch.zip

Version 2.1.6 Patch

Posted by Inuyasha on 03-25-2014 02:24 AM.

You know, I’d love to order a pizza right about now, but some bum removed the ORDERPIZZA command a year or two ago.

This patch is compatible with every previous release of 2.1 (surprise!) and changes the following things:

• A timer was added when replaying the special stage levels via NiGHTS Mode.
  • Fixed CTF mode for what will hopefully be the last time.
  • Fixed the Scatter Ring not working properly.
  • Fixed a crash when two people with Armageddon Shields hit each other.
  • Forceskin no longer crashes dedicated servers and also outputs a special message on change.
  • Some bugs were fixed regarding Knuckles’s sliding along the ground.
  • Still more minor level fixes.

View on SRB2.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back