General Inquiries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, everybody!

I haven't been around here in a while, so I thought I'd check up on SRB2.

It's been a while since I've played the game. I stopped playing about a year ago. I suppose I could go download it and install it and explore, but I'm just curious:

How is the game? Has anything changed in the past year?

I remember somebody was exploring loops (I believe they made a green hill zone beta that worked wonderfully). Did anything come of that? Has that been implimented in the game yet?

Has Knuckles been fixed? Any new characters, levels, anything significant??

Anything I should know about? Heheh.

I know I shouldn't ask when the final version is going to come out. Nobody has any idea, sadly. But I do have to say, (this is just a suggestion on my part) when the game DOES finally come out of beta (IF it ever does), I think the staff should rename it to "Sonic Robo Blast." I know that's the name of their first ever game, but seriously, how epic does this sound? A while down the line, they make their final release, everything is finished, and the game is awesome. They name it "Sonic Robo Blast." I dunno. I just think a name change would be appropriate for such a landmark.

Anyway, that's about it. I'm basically checking up on the progress, and to see what's new.

Talk to y'all later!
Ethan

EthanEmerald said:
Hello, everybody!
HIII ETHAN

EthanEmerald said:
1.1 match beta is released but a selected few can have it.

EthanEmerald said:
I remember somebody was exploring loops (I believe they made a green hill zone beta that worked wonderfully). Did anything come of that? Has that been implimented in the game yet?
That would be flame_the_hedgehog. No, it wasn't real and the loop was horribly sectored. :) Hah, don't we wish.

EthanEmerald said:
Granade rings!

EthanEmerald said:
I know I shouldn't ask when the final version is going to come out. Nobody has any idea, sadly. But I do have to say, (this is just a suggestion on my part) when the game DOES finally come out of beta (IF it ever does), I think the staff should rename it to "Sonic Robo Blast." I know that's the name of their first ever game, but seriously, how epic does this sound? A while down the line, they make their final release, everything is finished, and the game is awesome. They name it "Sonic Robo Blast." I dunno. I just think a name change would be appropriate for such a landmark.
I would like that. Adding two makes it look like it had such a checkered past like Mario's.

EthanEmerald said:
Hello, everybody!
Everybody said:
Hi Ethan.

EthanEmerald said:
A v1.10.2 match beta is released but a selected few have permission to get it. Intelligent people can find it anyway.

EthanEmerald said:
Knux.plr isn't finished but nitro_the_hedgehog made one. No hardcoded new characters. Several new fancharacters (mostly recolors, darn n00bs.) have arisen, however. Grenade/Scatter rings were invented. Ricochet Rings replace te homing rings.

EthanEmerald said:
I couldn't care less about a renaming.

But if we changed the name, we wouldn't get to laugh at all the people who ask "Where can I download SRB1?"

It's seriously funny how such a horrid, ancient mess ended up having a sequel like SRB2.

Aww, that's too bad that nothing came of the loops. I thought they worked nicely. Ah well.

So I take it this 1.10.2 "match beta" is newer than the erm... 1.09.4a build that was just released? Is that the "surprise" that was mentioned on the front page?

Good to hear the game is still in progress. I always liked multiplayer. Do people still play that... oh what was it called... Mystic Realm mod? I remember playing through all of those stages with a team one time. Those were the good ol' days...

Thanks for the replies!

EthanEmerald said:
So I take it this 1.10.2 "match beta" is newer than the erm... 1.09.4a build that was just released? Is that the "surprise" that was mentioned on the front page?

We weren't supposed to know about it so I would think not.

EthanEmerald said:
Do people still play that... oh what was it called... Mystic Realm mod?

Look at the MS gamelist between 12:00 AM and 11:59 PM Sunday through Saturday. You're 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% guaranteed to find a MR server. In other words, yes.

BTW we have made great progress in 3d models replacing the sprites. Check the Editing section. Neo Chaotikal made the thread.

Chaos Knux said:
Look at the MS gamelist between 12:00 AM and 11:59 PM Sunday through Saturday. You're 99.99% guaranteed to find a MR server.
Just to keep the actual facts straight, it's not 99.99%, Mr. Sarcasm, it's actually no more than 73% or so.

[DefinitionNazi]

Vash said:
Chaos Knux said:
Look at the MS gamelist between 12:00 AM and 11:59 PM Sunday through Saturday. You're 99.99% guaranteed to find a MR server.
Just to keep the actual facts straight, it's not 99.99%, Mr. Hyperbole, it's actually no more than 73% or so.

Fixed [/DefinitionNazi]

Chaos Knux said:
[DefinitionNazi]

Vash said:
Chaos Knux said:
Just to keep the actual facts straight, it's not 99.99%, Mr. Crazy Person, it's actually no more than 73% or so.

Fixed [/DefinitionNazi]
Lol, what.

I just got into level making, so you can expect stuff from me soon. My GreenFlower Cave is going quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back