Official Level Design Contest Voting: March-April 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a note, I accidentally included 2 maps in my submission, MAP01 and MAP64. Vote on MAP01, it's more complete and it has it's level headers.

Molten Core Zone by GCFreak - N/A
Buggy. Pretty buggy. It's got some flaws, as you guys have pointed out. I wonder why I didn't spend more time perfecting it. I really should of remade the first half of the level, which I intend to do now. It's also got that Zim bug. It's not really a bug, it's a replaced sound in TBE which I forgot to do here.

Doomsday Zone by Kaysakado - 1/10
I'm not going through the details (mostly because other people have said them already) and just get to the point: This sucks. Sorry if you take this as criticism, but it's true. One thing you could do is make this longer, abolish the master emerald, and not ruin Super Sonic's gameplay by making him have to jump over stuff. Just no with the bottomless pit.

Overall for Single Player - Really Disappointing
I thought that alot more maps would be in and more effort into this division, while I see none of that here. As you can probably see, I totally owned this division, and I don't feel impressed by this largely because of the fact that there isn't any serious competition anymore. However, kudos to you, Kaysakado though that you got a Single Player map in. Well done for helping to bring the spirit of Single Player back. Please, PLEASE, bother to make a (good) Single Player map and send it in! Please don't let this division die to the point where it's going to be removed altogether.

Single Player:

Doomsday Zone by Kaysakado
1/10
Small, 2D, what's there to say? And a tiny platform in the end. (Besides, no checkpoints, but I think the level is so small, they wouldn't make any difference).

Molten Core Zone by GCFreak
5/10
First half of the level is bad, the other half is good. But from a point on, lava becomes water with a red colormap, only. The first place with falling lava is a really deep pit. The turrets... please put some more places to hide... And the linedef executors don't return to their original state... If you fall in the ending, you can't finish the level without starting it all over again.

Capture The Flag:

Amber Fortress by CZ64
8/10

Really good! Try to make real waterfalls, through, instead of walls with waterfall textures (Yes I examined the waterfalls closely, or at least one of them). The cave is great. There could have been more paths, but it's fine as this is.

Concrete Stronghold Zone by Some guy
9/10
This is a great map! Multiple paths, great teleports... Fantastic!

Subterranean Caves Zone by Oogaland
5/10
Average. Multiple paths, what's good, but there are some cramped parts and some parts that are so big that most of those parts don't get used at all.

Match:

Sand Temple Zone by Roboegg99
2/10
HUGE areas filled with nothing! Put some more rings on that huge area. The lava should be water. Missing textures/unclosed sectors on that "island" in the middle of the sand room.

Pirate Ship Zone by Torgo
4/10
Well... no obstacles. It's kinda empty, but I've seen worse. Try to make the water texture slide.

Industrial Sync Zone by Some guy
8/10
Good level! I liked the water effects, the space is perfect, item placement is good... I liked the fact you used the trees to hide the auto rings.

Hell Angel Zone Act 2 by Sonict
7/10
Good level. Lava could've been water. There are too many infinity rings. But it's a good level.

Fort Eltsac by Shadow Hog
7/10
Overall good. Nice level design. Scenery works good. Good space ocupation.

Match:
MAPA1 - Sand Temple Zone by Roboegg99 3/10
I'm a fan of big levels, but for you'll need rings if you make big maps like these. And there was lack of it, alot, really. The lava and platforms were cheap, and the lava wasn't actually real.

MAPA2 - Pirate Ship Zone by Torgo 5/10
Although there are enough rings and there is enough space, its kinda boring. There are hardly any obstacles, and the boat does not really look like pirateship, although I won't care. For some reason, 1 of the guys kept spawning in the deathpit. Dunno why, so you own me a explanation.

MAPA3 - Industrial Sync Zone by Some guy 7/10
Good ring placement, great size, enough activity, its all pretty good. Although the water rises a bit too quick. I'd also see this more as a CTF map.

MAPA4 - Hell Angel Zone Act 2 by Sonict 7/10
A overall nice map. 2 tiny complaints, though. You could've have used a tiny bit of dept in the lava. I hate it when its just ground with lava texture and effect. And I also prefer platforms that won't flatten you, or even better, springs.

MAPA5 - Fort Eltsac Zone by Shadow Hog 5/10
Sonic has a serious advantage here. There is lack of jumping. You can get about anywhere, (except for those few platforms)without jumping. Item placement is a bit dull. Dunno why, but the level seems rushed. Although the overal layout is good.

Capture the Flag:
MAPA6 - Amber Fortress Zone by CZ64 7/10
This is exactly what a good CTF level is, but a bit too big. It took me a while to find the flag. This level is pure fun with lots of players, and lucky for me, we had alot of players. However, it'll be a bit boring with few players, due to its size. It would take a while to find each other.

MAPA7 - Concrete Stronghold Zone by Some guy 8/10
Except for some cheap deaths in those pits and sometimes getting lost, I haven't had this much fun in a long time. It might be worse with less players, though.

MAPA8 - Subterranean Caves Zone by Oogaland 7/10
Replace Iron turret with this. This feels exactly like the official CTF levels in SRB2. Thats both good and bad. The good thing is that it'll always be fair and okay match, bad thing is that I've got completely bored of the official type levels.

Circuit:
MAPA9 - Generic Greens Zone by SRB2-Playah 9/10
Hail faked slopes. Fake as they might be, if used well, they can make the gameplay totally awesome. The first 2 laps were kinda confusing, but after that, it got hell fun. I took both shortcuts by accident, and because of them, I totally lost track of where to go. Did I just skip a starpost? I had no idea. Once you learn where to go, though, this is one of the best race maps I've ever seen.

MAPAA - Noxious Wood Zone by SRB2-Playah 8/10
I got lost several times here, and I couldn't resist trying to see if there was a shortcut jumping from barrel to barrel. It made me lose the race, but still, the level has a great feeling to it. I kinda forgot I was in circuit here. You should really add more support for players that miss the platforms. You'll instantly lose the race if you fall from somewhere in the middle in the race back to the beginning.

MAPAB - Sandopolis Zone by JJames19119 8/10
This was based of the Sonic riders version? If so, you kinda failed. Meh, its no problem, though. The race was fun. Except for the fact both a Knux and Tails player missed the third starpost because they thought they could make a shortcut. I'll suggest fences at the part that comes after the third starpost.

MAPAC - Elemental Ring Zone by JJames19119 6/10
The switching between elements didn't really work well. The factory was highly confusing, and the water part could seriously use some arrows. I kept running in circles there, since I thought jumping there underwater would only result in trouble. 4th lap became fun, though.

MAPAD - Flying Battery Zone by JJames19119 7/10
Nice. Falling platforms on the arial part is kinda a bad idea in race, though.

MAPAE - Pipedream Zone by .hack 6/10
I kinda enjoyed this free thokfest without getting lost after all the other levels. Item placement is horrible, though, and the place itself kinda looks....bad.

MAPAF - Magma Mines Zone by SRB2-Playah 7/10
Would you mind not making it look like you can proceed at those muddy places? I nearly skipped the real route because I thought I couldn't pass it, untill I saw those springs. The third lava mine part is only about timing, not about race, and the road kinda confusing. But the quicksand lava is really interesting. I would give you 6.5, but I can't do that. So I'll give you a 7, lucky you.

MAPAG - Mario Race Zone by Sonict 5/10
This race was kinda sad. Lots of lag spikes because the music changes, no interesting obstacles, except for some platforms now and then, lots of death pits, and that. It all looked pretty well, and it only played pretty okay in the too short Bowser part. Its no fun being the only surivor in race. Item placement was good, though.

MAPAH - The Awesumest Race Zone by Sonict 1/10
Texture race, hurray! I'm already suprised there's a working checkpoint. But if I had to rate this seriously, you'd indeed get a 1/10

MAPAI - Desert Palace Zone by JMS 3/10
Cramped, mazy place with some nice effects. The crusher part was unplayable. The camera was going wonky all the time.

MAPAJ - Battle Woods Zone Act 2 by Glaber 2/10
Whats with you sending these levels to Race? They absolutely do not fit as a racing course. I'll give you a 2 for Race, but it would be a 5 for coop. Enemies and randomly placed flames do not work in race, only in coop. BTW, you might wanna remove the flames. They're annoying.

EDIT: SINGLE PLAYER

MAP64/01 - Molten Core Zone - 7/10
Okay, first of all you start of at a place with a eggsign that does nothing. Then, you have few seconds to escape or be trapped forever. Thats bad. I rather have you die than let that happen. It was totally unclear where to go all the time. Everything looks awesome, and the music fits perfectly, but the difficulty is worse. I don't care about hard levels, I only care if its hard because of cheapness or because its just plain hard. I consider mazes and lots of traps that force you into death pits cheap. I consider tough platforming above a death pit normally hard. Prismatic Angle is normally hard. Tiny platforms above a death pit with lots of jetty syns is cheap. Now you might not have done that, but its still kinda cheap to put so many walls so close to each other so you have no way moving. Also, try not to make others get lost. That you might know the road is fine. But the others won't, so make sure they can find their way as well. I'll give this a 7 for the duration, feel, and in some cases great gameplay, but be sure to take that critism. You're already getting better, GCfreak.

MAP01 - Doomsday zone - 4/10
For some reason, I kept dieng when I touched a wall. The instructions were nice, but the flying wasn't really needed. You could just jump forward. I died because I tried to fly but flew too far and touched a wall. Its also a bit too short and has lack of detail.

Those who played Battle Woods acts 2 and 1, how was act 2 compaired to act 1? A step in the right direction?

MAPAF - Magma Mines Zone by SRB2-Playah
Would you mind not making it look like you can proceed at those muddy places? I nearly skipped the real route because I thought I couldn't pass it, untill I saw those springs. The third lava mine part is only about timing, not about race, and the road kinda confusing. But the quicksand lava is really interesting.

My good man, it seems you forgot to give an actual rating to my Magma Mines map.
I kind of thought the springs would be a quick good enough indication, but I guess not. I'ma hafta add some rings there to make it more appearent.

Anyway.

-CTF Maps-
MAPA6 - Amber Fortress Zone by CZ64
9/10
Lovely map. Well decorated, and fun to play. And I liked the giant faces. Can't think of anything wrong with it.

MAPA7 - Concrete Stronghold Zone by Some guy
8/10
At first, it was a bit difficult to locate the flags, but then it was fun times. Do like the large moving walls. The moniters on the conveyer belts were clever.

MAPA8 - Subterranean Caves Zone by Oogaland
7/10
Fun map to play. Though perhaps not very decorative, the variance in textures helps on that.
Like SMS said, this does feel like an official CTF map.

-Circuit Maps-
MAPA9 - Generic Greens Zone by SRB2-Playah
My map.
Originally made to be part of a ciruit map pack I'm currently making (and may never fully complete, as I have come to expect of my tendancy for procrastination), I decided half-way through making it that I would submit it to the contest for feedback and comments. This was a rather on-and-off map that I think I actually started actual work on last month... It's generic green because it's to be the first map of the pack, which as a rule, is green. I've been told it's not generic enough, though. :P
This is actually the first map I've made that started with sketching out a basic path before starting actual wadding. And I find that it was made better because of that...

MAPAA - Noxious Wood Zone by SRB2-Playah
My map.
This map was actually made in a span of 1-2 days. I was in a kind of wadding frenzy with it... This is also going into my circuit map pack as number 2. But it was going into the contest from the moment I made the first sector. I enjoyed making the trees and bridges and slime pits. This is the map where I started applying a basic rule to circuit maps: One must also be able to make a full circuit going backwards. cuz telprot sux ;(
I do realize the windows are buggered in Software mode. It was either software or OGL mode, and I favor OGL, so... Yeah.
That first bit of slime is insta-kill because if you fall in there, it's pretty much faster if you die anyway. But looking back now, that was an impact on the survivability of the level. Can't really win a race if you're dead...
My main gripe about this map is perhaps the difficulty is a bit too high on the slime pit jumping... Especially in netgames with control lag. I'ma hafta do some tings bout dat... But still, I'd say this map was the funnest to make.

MAPAB - Sandopolis Zone by JJames19119
7/10
Good map. There was enough detail to keep it interesting and fun. No flaws really come to mind...

MAPAC - Elemental Ring Zone by JJames19119
6/10
Fun concept. But it seemed a bit long, at roughly 1:30 per lap... And perhaps a bit more detail in some areas. But it was pretty fun.

MAPAD - Flying Battery Zone by JJames 19119
7/10
I ran out of things to say... It doesn't suck. I'll just go with that.

MAPAE - Pipedream Zone by .hack
4/10
This wasn't a very good map. Wasn't a whole lot of variety, I didn't really like the design, and you forgot the deaf tag on the rings. The speed pads are almost useless in race, since almost everyone plays mostly as Sonic. And the what I assume are sludge pits were ineffectual. It was pretty much a thokfest...

My map.
This was created almost within a span of 24 hours. Another effect from my wadding frenzy.
The tunnels were perhaps a bit cramped... And there's that bug with the player being thrown completely beneath the lava in sectors with a moving FOF. Though a good map, it's currently my least favorite of the 3. There will be edits to this, oh yes.

MAPAG - Mario Race Zone by Sonict
6/10
You actually don't see a lot of mario-themed levels around here. But this could have been better. It needed coins, and less jumping up those blocks... And the music switching did cause some minorly disorientating lag-pauses. But I wouldn't really say it's a bad level. It does need improvements.

MAPAH - The Awesumest Race Zone by Sonict
2/10
2 points for the lols it gave me.

MAPAI - Desert Palace Zone by JMS
5/10
It was cramped, and easy to get lost in. You kind of messed up on the gradient-darkness pits... Half-light blocks (Or otherwise called Ceiling to Bottom Of Level light blocks). Not normal light blocks. Not really a fun map...

MAPAJ - Battle Woods Zone Act 2 by Glaber
4/10
The layout is actually fairly good, but the sheer amount of enemies and fire drags it down...
Less fire. Less enemies.

Right. I'll be back later with my thoughts on the SP maps.

Playah, if you want my opinions on the Magma circuit stage, it's this: fix the glitches, then change it from a circuit stage into a single-player stage. Seriously, just add another path here and there and it'd probably be a really good one. Same goes for a fair amount of the racing stages this contest, actually.

SMS, I'm not gonna ask you change your score or anything, but I would think less jumping around would actually be beneficial. I mean, you want to be able to focus on the fight, not jumping methodically from platform to platform. Even the official stages rely a lot on springs to cover large heights as opposed to multiple smaller jumps. It's your opinion, though, so, like I said, don't change your score on my account. Just giving my two cents.

SRB2-Playah said:
Would you mind not making it look like you can proceed at those muddy places? I nearly skipped the real route because I thought I couldn't pass it, untill I saw those springs. The third lava mine part is only about timing, not about race, and the road kinda confusing. But the quicksand lava is really interesting.

My good man, it seems you forgot to give an actual rating to my Magma Mines map.
I kind of thought the springs would be a quick good enough indication, but I guess not. I'ma hafta add some rings there to make it more appearent.

Woops, sorry. Adding score right now. Might wanna add some extra details too.

Super mystic sonic said:
This was based of the Sonic riders version? If so, you kinda failed.

Excuse me? Play Sonic Riders again. Then play Sonic 3 & Knuckles. BIG DIFFERENCE.

The Awsumest Race Zone has a shortcut! walk through the level as normal until you get to the part with a REDFLR (Red floor). Immediatly turn left, and you'll see a GFZCRACK (Cracked Wall) Then sit back and watch yourself win!

JJames19119 said:
Super mystic sonic said:
This was based of the Sonic riders version? If so, you kinda failed.

Excuse me? Play Sonic Riders again. Then play Sonic 3 & Knuckles. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Ah, so its based from the Sonic 3 & Knuckles version? Sorry, I immediatly thought of Sonic/SRB2 riders when I saw the name.

There have been some really good maps out there this contest, but most of them also had the same flaws. Either too big or you could get lost. I tried a second netgame today and I felt really, really, slow. Even a full speed thok seemed like it was in slow motion. I checked netstat, nothing wrong with it, except for 4% gamemiss.

-----Match-----
Sand/Fire Temple
2/10
The map is flat and long, the placement of rings forces you to take 20 seconds to collect 10 rings, the pointless back part of the level means another 20 seconds off of your gametime, and the underground part is even more pointless as it forces you to jump a lot while 'fighting', all to get a red shield, or maybe an auto ring. Glitches here and there, and no scenery either. Not much fun.

Pirateship
6/10
I almost thought it was JTE's ship level. Well I thought the large amount of rings made up for the size of the level. Since there were more rings on the lower level, that's where mostly everybody were fighting. And because of it, it was hard to go back upstairs. Not much to tell about the scenery, except how it would of been nice to have the captain's room on the top floor, maybe just a big FOF block on the back edge of the ship.

Industrial Sync
7/10
Now this looks like the contest pack's first hope. The level looks great, with lots of places to go. A rail ring would of fitted this level well. I'm pretty sure the ring placements was fine. The raising slime would of been best if it was smaller, as it meant spending most of your time on the edge. SRB2 also once had a match level similar to that, and is the reason why it got canned.

Hell Angel 2
7/10
I remember playing the first one. I can see how they're both Tails stages. The scenery was nice, and the ring placement was ok. The lack of a Sonic player going to the upper part was bad. Just like a climbing Knuckles, anyone can shoot them down. A Tails player, however, could get to the top twice as fast as Sonic and Knuckles can. It was also a bit hard to snipe, as there's barely any part the rings could go down to.

fort eltsac
8/10
Well at first it looked like this sunv'bitch stole my texture and music idea, then I just let it go. The level had good gameplay flow and nice scenery. A bit of mistakes were the grass/whiterocks stairs. They don't fit well. It was still a fun level.

------CTF------

Amber Fortress

Can't say much about my level, except that I should of removed the tiny stairs, as they made a lot of FOFs up top. Maybe a few more ring placement, too.

Concrete Stronghold
6/10
The first thing that bugged me was the bottom stairs that takes you outside. Spinning every time gets very annoying. The level was also huge, which is not a good thing if there's a 1 on 1 server going. It's also very confusing and takes a long time to find out where exactly the route to the base is.

Subterranean Caves
7/10
It was more of a maze than a level, but that might be good on a CTF level. If there was a few players, it's impossible to know where the flag carrier is going, and the back part of the base seems to be a hiding place that not many people know. Scenery was good.

-----Circuit-----

Generic Greens
6/10
It was more of an obstacle/platform race level than anything. The boulders that you have to jump from was annoying, specially with lag. My Sonic Time Attack was around 50 seconds (when you took the secret red spring), while my Tails Time Attack was 47 seconds. Knux's was 60, so who cares about him. I also saw a few redwalls here and there, though they were out of the main path.

Noxious Wood
7/10
Now this was a fun level with lots of scenery. The only problem is the lack of starposts. If you're not a Sonic player, then you could easily beat them with a Tails player, maybe a Knux player. You could of maybe used a bit more scenery in the woods part, as it was mainly focused inside and outside the factory.

Sandopolis
6/10
Another level with a lack of starposts, except that it still takes time to get to the second starpost as a Tails/Knux player. A Sonic player can still pass the stage with flying colors, even if the other 2 fly or glide to the top after the second starpost. Other than that, the scenery was good, concerning there's not much to do with a sand stage. Maybe a few more stuff inside the cave.

Elemental Ring
8/10
I'm impressed with this one. It's nice how this level had lots of different themes in one. Could use a bit more scenery though, like the straight paths with falling water/lava/slime. Having a linedef executor that changed the sky would of been nice too.

Flying Battery
6/10
Not much scenery around here. The first part with the floating platforms was a waste of time, as people just went down to the red spring. The part with the crushers was a waste of time as well, as it accomplished nothing, compared to the bottom part.

PIPEDREAM
4/10
Bad choice of textures, the annoyance of not having a starpost SECTOR, the non-floating rings, and no scenery.

Magma Mine
5/10
My first impression was, "Wow, looks like a fun level with lots of scenery." Then I touched the first starpost. The idea of having quicksand mixed with lava was a bad annoying idea. The falling lava was also annoying, as it meant waiting for it to finish falling so you could grab your fallen ring and look for a spring before you died. Great level, but bad gameplay.

Mario Race
7/10
Why Crawlas? What's wrong with Goombas? Well the lack of rings/coins is a bit of a problem, mostly in the 3rd Zone/World. Changing the music proves you're not lazy to try out a linedef executor. The 2nd Zone with the obstacles was slow, though. And every time I passed the bouncing flames, it seems I always thocked my way into an open spot.

The Awesumest Race
1/10
"Oh god". Just by looking at the name, I knew it was gonna be either a n00by level or a joke level. Turns out to be a flat, awful level with bad texture choice, and seems you forgot to include a sky #. The sudden death pit annoyed me.

Desert Palace
5/10
Very cramped. And death pits in a cramped area are bad and annoying. The level could of used more scenery. The main path was ok, I guess.

Battle Woods
3/10
The same thing as last time. I honestly didn't even felt like playing it at first. The caves were too dark, there were some missing textures, and it was fighting badniks all over again.

Glaber, it's actually far more likely that he was one of the 5-6 people who sent in maps with some kind of free host, and the file had long since expired by the time the contest came around.

Probably Hotmail deleted the attachment after awhile. Everything is MSN's fault. So I will just send them in near the actual date next time just to be safe.

Review of SP levels

Doom's Day by Kaysakado 2/10

I applaud effort but hate how easy it is to die in this level. Try putting more platforms in and not have the player jumping into space without being able to see where they're going.

Molten Core by GCfreak 7/10

I like levels being hard but not cheap and unforgiving. Maybe next time give the players some fallback and alternate routes also make it easier to know where to go. I liked how you had to look for the route but some players may actually not like that. Overall, very nicely done GCfreak.

More Reviews to come if I can find a server online testing maps that doesn't lag. :roll:

There's a HUGE shortcut in "The Awsumest Race" that completes the level (and as many laps as their are) for you with speed pads.

It was obviously a joke wad, couldn't you tell by the music choice?

EDIT: Drat!

Circuit now, rest later.

MAPA9 - Generic Greens Zone by SRB2-Playah - 7/10
I really liked everything here, except that damn platforming over the water section. It really harms the map a lot. Otherwise, excellent work.

MAPAA - Noxious Wood Zone by SRB2-Playah - 5/10
Okay, this one suffers a bit from what I'm going to call SRB2-Playah Circuit Map That Should Be A Full Single Player Zone Syndrome, or SRB2PCMTSBAFSPZS for short. This is not a good race map. However, with some enemies and some alternate paths and a little expansion, this could be an awesome single player stage.

MAPAB - Sandopolis Zone by JJames19119 - 6/10
I liked the layout once I got the hang of it, but there is a lot of stuff that stops you dead, and it's kinda frustrating to get the hang of.

MAPAC - Elemental Ring Zone by JJames19119 - 3/10
Okay, this, honestly, is really boring. I managed to collect 305 rings on a playthrough because I was just that bored. Jump a 64 ledge. Jump another 64 ledge. Repeat for 5 minutes. That's not fun.

MAPAD - Flying Battery Zone by JJames19119 - 4/10
Honestly, the layout here isn't particularly good, and several jumps, especially on the upper path, are downright unfair.

MAPAE - Pipedream Zone by .hack - 4/10
The Star Posts don't work exactly right, and the level is REALLY ugly, but it's kinda okay. Needs a lot of work, though.

MAPAF - Magma Mines Zone by SRB2-Playah - 4/10
This, even more than the last one, suffers from SRB2PCMTSBAFSPZS. This does not work in race. Seriously. However, with a lot of expansion it would be an ace single player stage.

MAPAG - Mario Race Zone by Sonict - 4/10
Another "jump 64 units" stage, only in this case, you don't get to go fast. At least it's shorter, and the music change was neat.

MAPAH - The Awesumest Race Zone by Sonict - 2/10 as an actual vote, 11/10 in spirit
Joke map, but for a joke map, I was amused.

MAPAI - Desert Palace Zone by JMS - 2/10
Okay, first off, this is WAY too cramped. There is no flow at all, the star posts are broken, and you even have a shortcut that breaks the star posts even more. Bad, bad design. Try playing a few rounds on the official circuit stages to get the feel for the idea behind them.

MAPAJ - Battle Woods Zone Act 2 by Glaber - 0/10
For a while I was considering giving this a 1, but after playing it again, I was reminded of how jaw-droppingly unplayable this is. This level sucks. Period. There is nothing else to say. Remove the enemies, and then we'll talk. Maybe ignoring the enemies it could have been a 3-4, but with them, it's the most pointlessly annoying stage since, well, your last circuit entry. Please, for all of our sake, play a round of circuit online and THEN make a stage.

Circuit, rest happens later.

MAPA9 - Generic Greens Zone by SRB2-Playah - 7/10
As has been said before, pretty good. But the platform jumping just killed it.

MAPAA - Noxious Wood Zone by SRB2-Playah - 8/10
I don't see what's not to like. Dunno why, but the platform jumping seemed better in this map. Anyways, 'tis alright.

MAPAB - Sandopolis Zone by JJames19119 - 5/10
Meh, soso map here. It seemed nice at first, but the flow was just too broken up.

MAPAC - Elemental Ring Zone by JJames19119 - 3/10
Not so good, the map was long and repetitive. Just sortof bland.

MAPAD - Flying Battery Zone by JJames19119 - 4/10
A bit bbetter, this one's too short though! Not to mention, as has been said, certain paths were pretty much useless.

MAPAE - Pipedream Zone by .hack - 3/10
You are not alone my friend, I dream of pipes too.
But in all seriousness, way to simple and straightforward.

MAPAF - Magma Mines Zone by SRB2-Playah - 3/10
Yeah, definately would make a better singleplayer. In race we try to go fast, but here, one had to be cautious.

MAPAG - Mario Race Zone by Sonict - 7/10
The platforms were a little monotonous, and some coins would've been nice. But otherwise, a fairly nice map.

MAPAH - The Awesumest Race Zone by Sonict - 1/10
LOLOLOLOL AWSUM 1,000,000,000/10

MAPAI - Desert Palace Zone by JMS - 2/10
Meh, not much to say here. Didn't notice the broken starposts everyone keeps talking about, then again I was kinda frantic here. Might edit this one later.

MAPAJ - Battle Woods Zone Act 2 by Glaber - 0/10
Hey Bob, you remember that map I made last contest? The one that everyone hated? I decided to make an Act 2 just like it!

:roll: You guys must be "Time Only" Race mode addicts. The Battle Woods contest series was made for the neglected "Full Race" mode. Now unless there is a rule against Full Race circuits (Tracks with robots) I don't see a problem with putting robots on the track. But because you hate the Battle Woods series and you seemed to have not gone "through the woods," I guess I'll have to get you out and end the series with act 3 in Co-op this time. If you can't get out of the woods, you're lost.

Glaber, Full Race just doesn't work with circuit. The Sonic 2 race style is best used for longish single player levels. Circuit is almost always best played in Time Only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back