Official Level Design Contest Voting: January-February 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super mystic sonic said:
The level has 1 truely deadly combo. Infinity+auto. NEVER, EVER, put that in a level!

Actually, the combination can easily be properly executed. Sapphire Falls uses it. See, the trick is to make it so that it isn't massively overpowered. Wider levels make this a good combination. What should really be avoided is Auto-Rail.

I graded all the maps without the knowledge of who made the maps, allowing me to not feel sympathy to some people or to give a better score to the people I know.

Match

Castleon -- 3/10

It's been proven in tons of maps how mazes never worked at all, even if the halls are bigger. Takes a while to find another player, and the lack of rings and their deaf flag not being on didn't help at all.

Glaber Glutch Mine -- 4/10

It was big and looked ok, but it had tiny mazes either way.

Clinker's Cavern -- 4/10

It was basicly just lots of small rooms and lacked rings, so when someone went off to collect more rings, they then loose the other player and everyone had to circle the map to find each other again.

Targetzan's Temple -- 2/10

A maze again. What I hated the most was the automatic doors. If someone was running away, they'd had to touch the door and wait until it opened, letting the foe get close enough to shoot him down. Plus I found a door that didn't work.

Emerald Park -- 9/10

The first bestest map on the level pack. For it's wide-open area, there's lots of scenery, like trees, flowers, a place to sit down and pretend to eat just to get shot at, a big fountain with a water show, and lots of rings. Sorry if I forgot to tell you or just didn't noticed at the time, but a big trail of rings are a little bit bad, and the castle needed more than just torches inside. Nothing big or important at the roof, so more red springs weren't that important. At least you didn't added rails for railers to take me as target practice when I used the red springs on the pond.

WW Shootout Zone -- 1/10

This is worse than any level found on a GBA game with Mode 7. With a huge open-spaced level, lack of rings, barely any scenery, pointless ponds, and Invinsible FOFs, it was a big waste of time for me.

IcIcle Pyramid -- 5/10

It was alright, it just needed more rings. It would of been a bit better if the ice was actually slippery.

G. Glutch Village -- 4/10

This is more of a scenery level than a match level. The houses look like they're from the old west with a weird addition of a techno building. I think all the spikes, alarms, and spike balls gave out

a lot of lag. And with a Sonic-unfriendly set of halls to jump all the way at the top, just to get crushed with a Twomp was a completely ridiculous idea. I barely saw any rings on this level.

Toxic Falls -- 9/10

The second bestest level on the level pack. It had the best set of original platforms, ring positions, and scenery. I didn't saw any rails, so I don't think the top platforms on the corners

were for sniping, but for dropping down bombs. Although it being platforms that were intangible from the bottom meant a surprise attack, it was both funny and annoying.

Death Egg -- 3/10

Aside from the redwall sky, there was barely any rings and were only located at the bottom. The idea of going inside using the red spring was annoying. Nothing inside but a homing ring that can be easily dodged. It 'might' work for a boss level, if you improved the level and give it an actual scenery.

Temple Tryst -- 7/10

This level seemed like the average and original level you could ever find. The ring placements were ok, and going from one platform to another was fine. You could of used another spring on the second level, since you have to go down again to get to the third floor. Some scenery was needed, too. Maybe some sort of pointless platforms in the middle of the rooms to not make the place look dull.

CTF

Wasteland towers -- 8/10

A good start to the CTF contest map. The scenery was great, the ring placements was good, and the secret passage way underground was cool. I started out underground, then reappeared back at the surface later on, and took me 3 minutes to find the entrance back, thanks to an opengl glitch of FOF edges. With rails, the big bushes served me and some people as a railing spot. Although the flowers are already dead, there's no such thing as a flower growing in sand at all. And there's no technology at all in these kind of place, so the pipe in the lake wasn't a good thing.

Mario Vs Sonic CTF -- 1/10

Well there's not much scenery in here, we have deaf-less rings and coins, it sometimes takes a while to get inside the small hallway, and on top of that, it takes more than 20 seconds to get to the flag. Sometimes more than 60, if you happen to fall due to the small platforms. And just enough time for a rival to come inside and shoot you down. The idea seems like a stolen one from FuriousFox's much better CTF level.

Frigid Cave -- 8/10

Another good map. If you're actually playing, you'll always take the top path, as the lower path makes you cross a slippery, thin, and long piece of ice and have players up top shoot you down with the twice-as-annoying rail+auto ring combo. Although you could also jump, it's still a bad idea if you get shot in the middle of the pit or if you trip and fall down. It has good item placements, though.

Wooden Base -- 1/10

As everybody who's actually anybody has stated before, a 2D CTF stage is a bad idea. 2D involved with shooting down is a terrible idea in the first place. If you're playing in 3rd Person View, you can only shoot when someone is in front of you. Jumping the platforms to the top takes a while, and taking the down path is annoying, as people can just shoot repeadedly at you. The flags aren't properly placed, so it always lags the console. And if you're playing in First Person View, it's an easy killing for anyone, as you only have to point up and down here.

Basilica Battleground -- 6/10

The idea of having 2 different bases was good. It was another large level that can be annoying with railers. I found that there's just too much rings in paths and the places where it shoots you up high was another target practice for railers. As any large level, it also takes a while to get to a base. A shorter level, both wideness and heightness, should of been made instead.

Daimondus -- 8/10

I actually enjoyed this level. The long level meant it was a thoking and flying level only. Could of used a few more scenery, like flowers. Not sure if it's an ice level or a normal level, due to the Xmas textures. Barely anyone used the lower path, so it was a good place to go when I had the flag. The rings on the lake should of been moved to the grass, as everybody always ran on the path with the two lonely ring boxes. The grass steps should of been a bit longer and with the ramp sector turned on, as Sonic players usually stopped when going up. The sides of the steps usually had a Sonic having thoked his way into that corner, leaving them hillariously vulnearable.

CASTLE CANYON -- 10/10

Too bad Mystic the contest wad compile-er left his map as last, as it's the best one and some servers usually get bored of CTF before coming here. There's good scenery, could of used a bit more rings in the castle, the side paths in the middle were a bit good, and it had Mystic's usual tables, chairs, beds and closets in a huge room that doesn't seem like nobody ever uses it since there's no doors and no fridge for food or supplies for a real person to stay at. Though it seemed weird how a Sonic player has to climb his way to the top of the side paths just for a rail to snipe at. Since it doesn't really take part of the actuall CTF game, it's not as bad.

Circuit

Sparkle Pop

My level is actually meant to help thokers to not thok. I don't remember removing a wall behind the ramp, though. The walls that follow afterwards is just to force you to strafe. Next, as the ring placements show, you just simply jump to the other side and to prevent from falling on my black hole. The springs help out too by stopping from pressing up or straffing, though I should of removed the last ground springs at the end. And when I sent the level in, I forgot to add floating transparent FOFs outside the level for scenery. I guess I should of also made the level longer. It took me hours to make a PERFECT loop (though not perfect in heightness), so a bit of credit would be appreciated.

Glaber Glutch Circuit -- 3/10

It was a good attemp, and actually gave players the option to be Knuckles. It was pretty long, but the Sonic path that has a tall wall that forces you to change skin is simply moronic. That forced me to change your score from 6 to 3. Both paths full with steps for Sonic was a bit annoying. You could of used scenery too, like lava or something. And the path with the pit was also annoying, as sometimes people fall and have to go back a long way. For Sonic players, it meant changing skins again.

Tier -- 5/10

It was a bit cool. It took me a while to find the entrance to the center of the map, and when I did, a linedef executor closed off the top path, so it was a bit silly how it gave out the signal that other people will finally know that you should turn left at the wall. The platforms slowed things down as well.

Battle Woods -- 4/10

Well it was Glaber Glutch Circuit all over again, except with actual scenery and more rings. The linedef executors with the "No Enemies Left" triggering meant Castle Eggman Zone racing all over again. While one battles its way through the level, the rest sit back and wait for the path to open up.

Angel Island -- 6/10

Nice level, could of been better. The falling platforms gives a first impression that it's like Super Mario Bros. 2's falling platforms that you have to jump from one to the other. Up until a couple of deaths makes you get the 'spin from here to there' idea.

Ice Cap -- 9/10

A decent fun circuit map. It felt like one of SRB2's simple thoking maps. Can be finished in less than a minute, though. The white water should of been a death pit, and it would of been better for the scenery part if the level wasn't so high.

Single Player

Green Field

If I would of asked, I could of found out a way to always leave the player in the middle of the screen, so Sonic players would stop their whining. I also finally found the broken linedef in software as Draykon said, though a small HOM all the way up didn't really seem that much to me. I also tried to make the path where Tails' emblem is supposed to be, but due to the annoying camera stopping when it hits a wall, ceiling, or floor, I decided not to do it. Took me a while to fix the paths where the emerald token and watery path is. I didn't really intended to make this level to win the SP position, since I knew that a level based on GFZ1 wouldn't appeal to many people, as I just made it for fun and enjoyment. If I wanted it to win, I might of used a different level other than the SRB2 levels or any level that people don't know much, and actually take more time with the camera.

Gelespious Mountain -- 7/10

I just think it could of used a bit more scenery. The place was a bit too simple, but the long level with the secret made it fun. It also looks like a hard level from a level pack, as Sonic players really do have trouble at first. Some stuff were neat, like the path where there's small windows on an FOF in the air.

Circuit map votes:

Sparkle Pop Zone - Chaos Zero 64
3/10

It's an OK map. Seems geared towards advanced players, rather than your average run-of-the-mill casual SRB2 player. Also, I'd have given you a higher score, but a giant HOM in software forced me to lower it.

Glaber Glutch Circuit Zone - Glaber
0/10

I reached a point where the map is impassible with Sonic. Impossibly long and annoying. No.

Tier Zone - BlueZero4
8/10

I really, really enjoyed this map. I found it immensely fun. The only problem was how easy it was to get confused. Solidifying the walls would fix that up quickly, though.

Battle Woods Zone - Glaber
0/10

Suffers from a lot of what afflicted your first map.

Angel Island Zone - JJames
5/10

This map is anything but Angel Island. The water current is horrible, and the moving platforms serve as horrible hinderences. And, if you aren't careful, you're likely to miss the checkpoints, and have to go back to get them again.

Ice Cap Zone - JJames
7/10

This map was fun. The only problem was the beginning, where you thokked directly into a bottomless pit of water. It didn't get that high a score because it's an average map, it doesn't stand out. Don't get me wrong, it was a good map, but also average.

Green Field Zone by CZ64 - 3/10
Okay, the concept is completely cool. The execution is flawed. It's almost impossible to see where you're going as Tails, never mind Sonic. I think if you want to do a fixed camera in SRB2, you should do it like Crash Bandicoot, going forward being the direction the player goes.

Gelespious Mtn Zone by Penopat - 8/10
While I quite enjoyed this, I can't help but feel something is missing here. Maybe you should start finishing maps before the deadline instead? ^_~

Match
MAP01 - Castleon Zone by Glaber - 1/10
Okay, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but seriously, quality over quantity, man. You're never going to win with 10 awful maps, but you might win with, say, 1-2 good ones. This map is tiny, cramped, mazelike, and embodies everything that you shouldn't do in SRB2 level design. Try reading the information we've posted about what makes a good match stage. Try playing the official maps and see what they do right, and what you think they could do better, and try to do better.

MAP02 - Glaber Glutch Mine Zone by Glaber - 1/10
See above.

MAP03 - Clinker's Cavern Zone by Glaber - 1/10
See above.

MAP04 - Targetzan's Temple Zone by Glaber - 1/10
See above.

MAP05 - Emerald Park Zone by Dark Warrior - 6/10
Very pretty, but I can't help but feel that the layout is a tad on the dull side. It's a flat plain with a simple building. Next time, I'd love to see some more stage variety along with that nice look.

MAP06 - WW Shootout Zone Zone by Glaber - 0/10
Words cannot describe how awful this map is.

MAP07 - Icicle Pyramid by Glaber - 2/10
See above.

MAP08 - G. Glutch Village Zone by Glaber - 0/10
Yeah, that bug isn't your fault, but the gigantic room with no weather in the header is.

MAP09 - Toxic Falls Zone by JJames - 5/10
This needs automatic, badly. I just felt like I was spamming rings everywhere the whole time with no rhyme or reason. A little bit of variety goes a long way. I liked the Liquid Shield location, though =P

MAP10 - Death Egg Zone by Kaysakado - 0/10
Please, please, play a round of match before you try to make a stage for it.

MAP11 - Temple Tryst Zone by nickgamer2001@yahoo.com - 5/10
This was interesting, but everyone just stays on the bottom floor railing each other the whole time.

Capture the Flag
MAP12 - Wasteland Towers Zone by Flame the Hedgehog - 6/10
Not too shabby. I like how the quicksand is like instant death to the flag carrier, and the layout that looks asymmetrical but it isn't. The rest of the map feels rather average, though. The bases in particular seem like it would be nice if the inside space was larger.

MAP13 - Mario Vs Sonic CTF by Sales - 0/10
Not enough starts in map. Crash. Please make sure your map works before submitting. I knew this would happen when I didn't test the maps before adding them.

MAP14 - Frigid Cave Zone by JJames - 5/10
I enjoyed this, but it wasn't really all that great. The large amount of rings in the base made it hard to guard the thing.

MAP15 - Wooden Base by Kaysakado - 0/10
Consistancy Failure on load, continues throughout the map. Please test your maps to make sure they actually work in a netgame. 2D mode isn't very good at all anyhow.

MAP16 - Basilica Battleground Zone by nickgamer2001@yahoo.com - 4/10
Well, there are a ton of great ideas here, but the lack of symmetry really hurts. It's SO much easier to get into the red base than the blue one. I suggest you use a symmetrical layout for the next CTF map.

MAP17 - Daimondus Zone by Glaber - 7/10
This is the only good map you made. Needs more rings in the area right outside the base, though. I liked the secret passage (once I figured out it was there, thanks CZ64 for disappearing into the wall) and the layout was fairly well done.

MAP18 - Castle Canyon Zone by Mystic - N/A
Yeah, I think my map was a tad large, but otherwise I'm quite happy with the result, especially when we played it with 13 people.

Circuit
MAP19 - Sparkle Pop Zone by CZ64 - 5/10
Very interesting ideas here, but the whole thing just seems completely random and glitchy. Maybe fix up some of the glitches and it would be rather nice.

MAP20 - Glaber Glutch Circuit Zone by Glaber - 1/10
There are a few cool ideas here, but the entire thing is so large and completely unplayable that it defeats the point.

MAP21 - Tier by BlueZero4 - 7/10
I honestly quite enjoyed this one, messed up and weird as it was. Creative layout, interesting and hard to perfect a strategy for. It would be a good idea to fix the framerate, though, as a bunch of people were complaining about it (probably in software mode, tons of FOFs)

MAP22 - Battle Woods Zone by Glaber - 0/10
Do you understand the point of circuit mode? You're supposed to _race_ on a track. Not cooperate to defeat enemies. Duh.

MAP23 - Angel Island Zone by JJames - 4/10
It pains me to give such an interesting map a low score, but the bugs and boring parts are unfortunately making the cool parts not as fun as they could be. Fix this one up and it'd probably be awesome.

MAP24 - Ice Cap Zone by JJames - 7/10
This is a solid, but not exceptional map. I liked the fact that it was hard to keep going at full speed despite how simple it was. Well done.

Ugh, all them FOFs are needed. Perhaps we could lose a few (like the special stage texture ones), but the rest are pretty mandatory if we're to keep the style. Heck, I could even lose the "finish line", but that probably wouldn't help either.

No, BlueZero. The trick is you can make some of the walls opaque, like the walls blocking off the center room, and then add one-sided linedefs in the middle of those walls, blocking off the renderer from displaying stuff beyond them. It wouldn't look as cool, but it would have much better framerate.

Wow, it's been a while since I voted. I will only rate the ones I netgamed in (as per the rules) but I will provide some feedback on the others.

Match

MAP11 - Temple Tryst Zone - 9/10
Simple, yet excellent. rail-bomb workd perfectly with this map. :P curse you spazzo, for knocking me off so many times.

Capture the Flag
MAP12 - Wasteland Towers Zone - 9/10
It was pretty good. It would've been nicer to have an easier way to get out of the sand though. BTW, you got a bonus point for the secret passage. VERY original!

MAP15 - Wooden Base - CAN'T GRADE
Uhh...a 2D CTF map? uhh...nice try...but no...

MAP17 - Daimondus Zone - CAN'T GRADE
Beautiful, just beautiful...Nicely done.

MAP18 - Castle Canyon Zone - 8/10
Whoaboy...this one was a doozy...it was pretty tough to get into the enemy base AND get back alive. I got lost a couple of times!

Circuit
MAP19 - Sparkle Pop Zone - CAN'T GRADE
ok...buggy background...oddly placed obstacles, and a messed up death pit. HOWEVER!!! The loop was amazing.

M: Targetzan's Temple Zone - Glaber 3/10
====================
Like the DK64 map, but even worse. Also, too much weapons.

Emerald Park Zone - Dark Warrior 6/10
====================
A bit laggy, but I quess I shouldn't pull of points for that. The level looks nice, and spindashing below the tables is something really handy if you can do it right. There is enough room, but I might want to have seen some more hills. Automatic can't be good with infinity. Its just not good. Remember the first match map in SRB2, Saphire falls? Really, you don't wanna know how cheap the players are being with that. Impossible cheap ownage. Infinity+auto is just a no, no matter how big the level is. If you strafe shoot all the time, the rings will come to you eventually, and getting lag from all the auto rings, plus the fact that there are so many, it can be quite hard to dodge. Oh, and I fell of the staircase a few times due to it being a tad small.

WW Shootout Zone - Glaber 2/10
====================
Too many weapons, irritating water pits, lack of rings, confusing flat ground that you can't jump/walk over, and its cramped. Sorry, not much good to see here.

Icicle Pyramid Zone - Glaber 6/10
====================
Decent compared to the others I've seen. The stairs are kinda hard to see, though, plus, I don't like the size of the whole map.

G. Glutch Village Zone - Glaber 4/10
====================
The map looks okay, buts thats not what a decent map should be about. Also, I don't see the point of making a hard to cross area where you have to focus on not dieng, instead of thinking about winning the match. There were plenty of places to hide, though, and thats something good.

Toxic Falls Zone - JJames 5/10
====================
Meh, all I've been doing is thokking around in a little bit small area and shooting. Bomb rings and toxic water just doesn't fit, though. Try infinity ring with normal clear water.

Death Egg Zone - Kaysakado 1/10
====================
You get 1 point for the death egg tower thing. Map is unplayable otherwise. Lack of rings, red sky, lack of control, and all that stuff.

Temple Tryst Zone - ST218 7/10
====================
It played decent, and its a fairly good idea, with great ring placement and all. However, it was sometimes annoying to get up and down the platforms.

Super mystic sonic said:
M: Targetzan's Temple Zone - Glaber 3/10
====================
Like the DK64 map, but even worse. Also, too much weapons.

Wrong game. This stage was Banjo-Tooie.

I love how the banjo-tooie levels are, but you should of resized them.

After playing these maps extensively, this is what I think of them:

Match

MAP01 - Castleon Zone by Glaber - 3/10, it feels a bit plain and open, it's nothing I would want to keep playing over and over.

MAP02 - Glaber Glutch Mine Zone by Glaber - 2/10, I prefer open space and more room to attack from, this feels a bit tiny.

MAP03 - Clinker's Cavern Zone by Glaber - 2/10, Kinda the same information as the above, but I liked this one a little bit more.

MAP04 - Targetzan's Temple Zone by Glaber - 2/10, feels like the above as well.

MAP05 - Emerald Park Zone by Dark Warrior - 6/10, I would give this a higher grade if there was less lag from the map, but otherwise, it was a nice change from the other maps and it looked good.

MAP06 - WW Shootout Zone Zone by Glaber - 1/10, what the heck is this?

MAP07 - Icicle Pyramid by Glaber - 5/10, If I were grading this as a port from DKR, I would give this an almost perfect grade, but as an actual match map it doesn't work out so well. There's a huge lack of rings, which makes it hard to fight.

MAP08 - G. Glutch Village Zone by Glaber - 3/10, I liked the ideas you had here, but unfortunately it felt a bit weird and glitchy, although part of it wasn't your fault.

MAP09 - Toxic Falls Zone by JJames - 6/10, this map was interesting, but nothing spectacular and it didn't stand out.

MAP10 - Death Egg Zone by Kaysakado - 0/10, I can't really say that I liked this at all.

MAP11 - Temple Tryst Zone by nickgamer2001@yahoo.com - 6/10, same as Toxic Falls, except that I had more fun with this in Spazzo's server when we were dogfighting :P

Capture the Flag

MAP12 - Wasteland Towers Zone by Flame the Hedgehog - 7/10, I liked all the routes and the size of the map, but for some reason the level lagged for me, which made it difficult for me to play in.

MAP13 - Mario Vs Sonic CTF by Sales - 1/10, very confusing and it didn't make much sense.

MAP14 - Frigid Cave Zone by JJames - 8/10, I had a ton of fun here, my only complaint is that I wished it was a little bigger. It gets a little chaotic when there are many people in this map.

MAP15 - Wooden Base by Kaysakado - 0/10, I understand that you were trying to create something original and different, but it wasn't done well. A 2D CTF map is unusual, but I'm sure if you put some more effort into it, you could make a far better map. Also, try to fix the problem with the consistency failures, it was annoying to have everyone kicked after gathering a large number of people to play this contest wad.

MAP16 - Basilica Battleground Zone by nickgamer2001@yahoo.com - 6/10, I really liked the ideas in this map, but the fact that both teams don't have an equal chance messes up the playability. Otherwise, it's a great map.

MAP17 - Daimondus Zone by Glaber - 9/10. My favorite map in the entire contest. Surprisingly, I throughly enjoyed this map and I kept coming back to it. Daimondus was very fun to play in, and it felt like it could have been one of the default maps in SRB2.

MAP18 - Castle Canyon Zone by Mystic - 9/10, this map is amazing. I also kept coming back here, although some of the special ring placements were questionable. I hope to see more well-made, large-scale maps like this in the future.

Circuit

MAP19 - Sparkle Pop Zone by CZ64 - 6/10 for effort, although large parts of the map can be skipped, which I'm unsure if that was intentional or not. The new ideas presented here were great though, I just wish that it was put together a little bit better.

MAP20 - Glaber Glutch Circuit Zone by Glaber - 0/10, I couldn't complete this.

MAP21 - Tier by BlueZero4 - 7/10, a fresh new approach to a circuit map, and I liked it a lot, although I found it a tad frusterating.

MAP22 - Battle Woods Zone by Glaber - 0/10, a little misleading, and the Eggman's in the different parts of the map ruin it.

MAP23 - Angel Island Zone by JJames - 5/10, I believe there is a checkpoint glitch in this map, which forces me to do the lap over unless I pass it the first time the right way. It would be a lot better if it wasn't so buggy.

MAP24 - Ice Cap Zone by JJames - 8/10, without a doubt, the best circuit map in this contest. It feels as solid as the default race maps as the ones that come with SRB2, although like those, there's not much originality.[/i]

I only played match levels, and here is my vote.

Castleleon Zone 5/10
It was okay, but it was a bit small and cramped, not a whole lot of rings, and Tails could dominate this level.

Glaber Glutch Mine 6/10
The camera catches around corners and can make it hard to play. But the ring amount was good, and weapons were spaced out.

Clinker's Cavern 6/10
A bit more wide open, but the camera still catches around corners at times.

Targetzan's Temple 6/10
Same comment as above, but the doors are a nice touch.

Emerald Park 8/10
Very nice, castle is a good touch, but hardly any hills or anything.

WW Shootout Zone 0/10
Umm... well, it's not good. Better luck next time.

Icicle Pyramid 7/10
Good. Weapons are in okay places, although a bit cramped.

G. Glutch Village 4/10
Umm... It would be better without that complex base-thing there.

Toxic Falls Zone 6/10
This has the potential to be a great level. But it didn't really stand out from the rest of the maps.

Death Egg Zone 0/10
What the...

Temple Tryst Zone 8/10
I really enjoyed this level. It's good for dogfighting, has 3 levels, and access to all of the levels. nice job.

And that's about it. Great job to those who made good levels, and better luck next time for those who didn't cut out.

glaber said:
Wrong game. This stage was Banjo-Tooie.

No, no, no. I mean, it looks alot like the DK64 map thats been made previous contest. Anyways, now the circuit levels!

Sparkle Pop - CZ64 6/10
====================
Yeah, the no thokking thing works well, but the level itself is kinda buggy. Alot of visual glitches, and to be honest, I don't think I like your texture choice. The walls part is kinda irritating. You have to slow down as Sonic to get along, since his max speed is too fast. Of course, this gives Tails a advantage since Sonic has a bad accel. The loop was awesome, and you really deserve some points for it. Too bad you can cheat trough it. Overall, I'd say its nearly decent, and most thoks have been killed. The loop is awesome, but visually the level sucks.

Glaber Glutch Circuit 5/10
====================
Good attempt, with all those differen't paths, but it can be really confusing to where you have to go. Also, I'd like to see more obstacles. I mainly saw a path, with nearly nothing on it.

Tier 5/10
====================
It looked okay, but I sometimes had no idea where I should've go. In the center, it took me awhile to find the exit. The Platforms slowed down the action alot.

Battle Woods 4/10
====================
Whats this, a Glaber circuit remake? This level also reminded me of Castle Eggman. Castle Eggman? Yes, one goes stand waiting for a path to open, while the other has to do all the work.

Ice cap 8/10
====================
Should replace the existing snow race level. This level feels waaay smoother than the existing one. No more slip 'n slide, now's the real job. It feels a bit simple and especially short, though.

Mystic said:
MAP21 - Tier by BlueZero4 - 7/10
I honestly quite enjoyed this one, messed up and weird as it was. Creative layout, interesting and hard to perfect a strategy for. It would be a good idea to fix the framerate, though, as a bunch of people were complaining about it (probably in software mode, tons of FOFs)
Hard to perfect a strategy for? Just use Tails to fly through the FOFs.

Exactly, the map was anti-Sonic, I mean anti-thok.

No matter how good your aim is, chances are, if you jumped to thok around the corner, you'd miss the zip pad. (Did anyone even know it was there?) The goal here was to see Sonic tripping over himself, and in this case have Tails finish all four laps while Sonic was struggling with the second tier. And he's surprised?

Another thing is that you only need to actually use the first two platforms. If you can't figure out where to go, fly over to the finish line. I mean, it's not that hard if you have two tails, now is it? Please, don't kill me because you played this map with Sonic.

Okay, I've only played the Singleplayer levels, so I'll vote on them:

Green Field Zone:

Rate: 05/10
Comments: I liked the originality of the concept, but... I had SERIOUS problems with the control, and besides, you could have make a new map, instead of porting GFZ.

Gelespious Mtn Zone:

Rate: 09/10
Comments: Wow, I really liked this level! It was nearly perfect! It hadn't got many problems, it's difficulty level was great, I LOVED IT!!!

Final note: I'm glad I had time to rate these levels, especially Gelespious Mtn Zone, you know I did if you were on IRC. Oh, I won't comment about any music because... my computer hasn't got sound...

My Ratings, I only Did match and Single Player:

Single Player:

Green Field Zone by CZ64 7/10, Pretty good revamp of GFZ1, But why did you use GFZ1 As a Base for Green Field?

Gelespious Mtn Zone by Penopat 8/10, Nice Map, Peno. I like how you made a touching Start.

Match:

MAP01 - Castleon Zone by Glaber - 1/10, Map Ports fail.

MAP02 - Glaber Glutch Mine Zone by Glaber 2/10, Too cramped.

MAP03 - Clinker's Cavern Zone by Glaber 4/10, See Above.

MAP04 - Targetzan's Temple Zone by Glaber 0/10, See Above.

MAP05 - Emerald Park Zone by Dark Warrior 8/10, Nice Job DW! You just made a Non-Crappy Map. I like how you did the Fountain.

MAP06 - WW Shootout Zone Zone by Glaber 0/10, Very Flat, Compared to my old Ice Summit map.

MAP07 - Icicle Pyramid by Glaber 3/10, Rain And Storms don't match with a Snowy Stage.

MAP08 - G. Glutch Village Zone by Glaber 2/10, See Above.

MAP09 - Toxic Falls Zone by JJames 7/10, Pretty good. I like the concept, And how you made those Toxic Falls for the Wall. Another Non-Crappy map.

MAP10 - Death Egg Zone by Kaysakado 0/10, Too Small, Red Sky, Graphical Errors.

MAP11 - Temple Tryst Zone by nickgamer2001@yahoo.com 6/10, Yet another Non-Crappy Map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back