Official Level Design Contest Voting: March/April

Status
Not open for further replies.
*points to above post*

Thats the one I resubmitted the day after, it is complete, and thats the one that mystic was supposed to upload.

-.-;;

Yeah, the inclusion of "Open Your Heart" in the pack was unnecessary.

Match level votes:

1) Waterfall Warfare:
5/10

The only reason I'm giving this a 5/10 is because of lag. It caused tremendous lag in Oogaland's game. However, I really like the layout. It's big, but not tremendously big. I really enjoyed it. But unless I can get a lagless game before the end of the judging, it's going to stay at 5/10.

2) Abyss Highway
3/10

Sorry, but yeah. It's a really bad idea to have botomless pits in a match level. Only a few maps can pull this off without it being terribly bad. Moreso having bottomless pits with small platforms. But the redeeming quality is that it's a sniper's dream come true. Especially with that infinity ring.
EDIT: With an eight player game, it crashed due to lack of starts. Score down to three.

3) Toxic Turmoil
7/10

A good design. But the big problem is that you are using chemicals, which makes this level a pain. If it were water, it would be a near-perfect small match level. Also, you really shouldn't have stuck the aqua barrier in spikes. That was another mistake. But again, the layout worked nicely. Nice, smooth gameplay.

4) Rocky Ravine
10/10

This zone is excellent. Lots of rings, plenty of weapon rings, not too big, smooth gameplay, nice scenery, etc. It was really fun. I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of it. Good job.

5) Agrahba
1/10

Horrible. So very few rings, and a lot of auto...Not a good combination. The scenery is ugly, too. The level is very small. Very small levels need a good design to back it up. This is lacking in that aspect. In fact, it's lacking in all aspects.

6) Aquatic Caves
4/10

It's...GREEN. Everywhere I turn around. GREEN. Tht's a major deterrent to the level itself. Green above water, and green below water. I now hate green.

7) Molten Core
8/10

Not bad. Not perfect, but not bad. It was smooth, and playable. The scenery was bland, really. That's a major letback here. But there's something about the layout..I don't know what, but it's not real good. But it was a nice level.

8) Techno Heights
9/10

Definitely a good map. It's just lacking in weapons. That's all. (Two auto isn't enough for a map this big. =P)

9) Greenery Hotel
8/10

A nice level. The rooms are a bit small, though. Definitely a good match map

10) Power Ring
10/10

This level was definitely one of the best in the pack. Large though it may be, it has enough weapons and items and features that make it ridiculously fun. Great map!

11) Searing WellSpring
5/10

This level is way too big for a match level. This would have made a better CTF map. It's way too hard to hit opponents in this map. If only this was CTF...

12) Lost Temple
8/10

This level pulls off small size nicely. It's fun... There isn't much else to say. Just play in it yourself. =P

13) Rush Job
9/10

Nice. Not too large, decent design, fun, adequate amount of item boxes, weapons, and rings. Good job.

I regret that I was unable to finish Frigid Peak act 1 for this contest. However, act 2 might just make it into the next one.

Well look at that, ree-c's right. I reuploaded the Single Player WAD pack. Please redownload and rerate, if you already rated his map.

I'll note that a lot of the maps were submitted like 3-4 times this month, for some reason. Don't ask me why.

Well now that the forums are back up, I can finally post my votes. >.>

Match
MAP01 - Waterfall Warfare - ST218 - 4/10
Massive lag kept me from enjoying much of this stage. It's size was overwhelming, hardly suitable for a four or three person match.Not only the but it was quite annoying when you feel intothe river because of the long journey back. The rings seemed all over the place and There wasn't too much to the stage really. Sorry but this map just didn't give me a good feeling at all.
MAP02 - Abyss Highway - ZTaimat - 3/10
Waugh, I died simply by moving one step forward. How sad is that? The entire place is one huge death trap, you're never gonna know if you're gonna fall to your death until it's too late. The platforms were simply too small and it was hard to get around. Sorry but this is not the kind of level match should be held in.
MAP03 - Toxic Turmoil - Spazzo - 4/10
From a designers point of view, this is one of the worst maps in the world. So many errors, so many mistakes, ugh. It's ugly, no offense. Even so though, it still plays fairly fine. The rings and items are in good places at least. Like the gargoyles with moniters conveyer belt. It would be much better if the sector the conveyer belt was in had the conveyer belt sector type so that you wouldn't dance upon landing on it. :\ The place has a lot of very, very ugly "upper textures" too which, not only serve no purpose, just plain look...ugly. Not a bad layout, just not very pleasing to look at.
MAP04 - Rocky Ravine - Blue Blur - 7/10
Not a very bad layout, in fact, I like it! The layout was nice and clean and presented little errors. I felt there were too many rings however. No matter what, you just couldn't run out. I felt there should be an Auto ring but I took it back once I noticed this map had bomb, infinite and homing rings. It was a bit basic but it was nice that way. Not a bad map.
MAP05 - Agrabah - Mikel - 1/10
I'll give Mikel credit, at least this map is PLAYABLE. Sadly, I doubt anyone would want to play it. Very, very little rings, too many powerups, very bad layout...this does almost everything wrong. It's quite terrible to say the least. I would rather not see this map again.
MAP06 - Aquatic Caves - ree-c - 5/10
Wargh?! Water. o_o; This just has so much of it really. I imagine fighting here would be a lot like fighting in Hydro Plant. It'd basically become a fight for the water shield in the middle, unless someone is chicken enough to stay up top but there's hardly anything up there. Not only that but the intense green color everywhere get annoying after a while. It's not bad but the water sorta ruins everything.
MAP07 - Molten Core - ree-c - 6/10
There really wasn't much to the map, small and compact it was. The ring placement was nice and I liked how the blue springs were used. This map would've been better with some weapon rings but cest la vie. The visual touches were nice as well though, the pillars in the middle showing some good eye candy. Not much else to say about this map though, it's just small. Hardly perfect.
MAP08 - Techno Heights - ree-c - 7/10
Much better. Again, there's a strong lack of weapon rings. Rail and maybe even homing would've been nice here. The level was good and expansive and it was hard to lose your opponents thankfully. The one thing I hated was those holes near the bottom with the glowing squares, you couldn't run over them like any other hole that size, the game thinks it's a ramp sector and you immediately step into the death sector upon getting near it. Although, it would've been ironically funny if you had made a Pull thing there to pull people into their demise. =P Good map though.
MAP09 - Greenery Hotel - JJames19119 - JJ/10
Another request from a friend. If you don't like fighting inside, try fighting outside. However, you miss quite a bit of good stuff that way. Tip: Try hiding in one of the long planters with lots of trees and stuff, it really works.
MAP10 - Power Ring - Walter - 2/10
What...? I almost assumed this was a joke map at first. All of the stuff is all over the place. The rings on bottom level weren't deaf'd, every weapon ring was in the middle, the water looked weird and it was a bit hard to get around on the top level. The music was also unnecessary. In a way, this might be good for match but I really doubt it.
MAP11 - Searing Wellspring - Oogaland - 5/10
Yikes, this map is just simply too, too big. You could have just as easily made this a single player level. You could lose people here very easily, despite the fact that it's wide open, and the framerate issues are nothing to laugh at. The lava was a bit annoying and things were spread out a bit too much. While the layout and ring placement was fine and dandy, the level's just too big.
MAP12 - Lost Temple - Chabo - 6/10
While the last map suffered from hugeness, this map suffers from tininess. Having anymore then two people is an outrage. There aren't enough rings and items for a proper match with three or more people. However, I consider this map to be very good for duels, though it might be a tad small for evern that. Despite it's size, the layout and thing placement was really good, so I'll give it that.
MAP13 - Rush Job - Neo Chaotikal - 8/10
This just barely gets it's eight. The layout is very good, I no problem with it and I loved the textures. The visual appeal almost made me fall in love with the map, it just looked so good. Although, like a few maps before it, it too suffers from ring pwnage, though not as much thankfully. The lake in the middle was a bit annoying at times, especially if you were a Tails or Knuckles player since it took a while to get to the slightly rare springs underwater, depending on if you messed up Knuckles' gliding. Lesser rings, more springs and a couple more items, this map would be a wonderful playing map in match.

Capture the Flag
MAP14 - Crystal Dimension - ST218 - 7/10
Size! It's huge but CTF maps like that so I'll give points for it this time. The whole entire "upper" layout was just plain confusing and had so many errors in software mode. (Hall of mirrors anyone?) However, the bottom layout was great. I absolutely love the circular stairs, even if they do hinder flag returning if you're under lag. (It's really hard to follow that stair case as Sonic if you can't get a good grasp on lag) And having the players cross a death pit to return the flag may or may not have been a good idea but looks good nonetheless. Thing placement was also good so I'll give this a lucky seven.
MAP15 - Forest War - ZTaimat - 7/10
Whee. Not too much to say about the map except that it's layout was great and the thing placement was nice. The pitfalls were very, very annoying since you couldn't see them coming, being chased and falling into one is no fun I tell you. I also noticed the infinity ring is very hard to get as Sonic. I'm not sure if that was on purpose or anything but it's a nice touch for Tails and Knuckles players nonetheless.
MAP16 - Castle Jail - ZTaimat - 3/10
Minus two points for the horrible staircase error in the middle that totally ruined the game for some. You really should have fixed that, made it impossble to go up to the second floor as Sonic in the middle if you weren't smart enough to go to the other side. Also, it's a straight line from the blue flag to the red, not counting the actual bases themselves. That makes thing a tad too simple. The jails were awful hiding places and served badly as anything else except to slow you down looking inside them. Not too good of a map, made worse by the fact that the are errors all over the place.
MAP17 - Imbedded Urban - Blue Blur - 6/10
Interesting idea to have here. Both sides get urban territory but in the middle is a peaceful park. The item placement was good around here. Though the urban layouts were a bit confusing. It was hard to get across them quickly as Sonic. I liked the rail rings close to the bases and the map itself looked nice.
MAP18 - Wall Fortresses - JJames19119 - Pie/10
I did everything in my wadding power to keep people from being able to go enter any base from the window looking out to the other base but if you're good enough with the spring, it's still possible. =< The biggest idea behind this was that people from both sides could war against each other with the windows and attack the other's base without actually being able to go into it. I added underground passages and rooftop accesses and the like to make sure all ends are met. The inspiration behind this map came from a map in JTE's SPMoves.
MAP19 - W.A's Soccer - Walter - 6/10
This might be a bit too wide open for CTF but it's still pretty good. The idea for a soccer arena for a CTF match was clever. The ring placement was okay and the floating platform above was nice. I think the stands were too flashy and it could've used a sky other than REDWALL. Another gripe is that there were four moniters and two weapon rings in such an easily accessable place. That's a big no no. Otherwise it seems fine.
MAP20 - Terrace Tussel - ST218 - 5/10
Another huge map but this one sorta fails. Someone please tell me why it takes Sonic 2 minutes to run out, get the flag and capture it? People with rail rings only make that even more frustraing. This map was definately designed for a half an hour match. That in itself sounds embarassing somehow. Also, Tails players utterly pwn in that they can simply fly over, capture the flag and jump off, cutting their time down by about a full minute. Normally I don't complain about Tails being better than Sonic in a map but this is just ridiculous.
MAP21 - Green Mushroom - FuriousFox - 7/10
Conceptual win. FF has always been good with ideas and he does it again with this holy grail of ideas. Combining Mario and Sonic into one map with everything accounted for, even music and sky change, was a great idea and executed so very well. However, I am afraid that the Sonic side has an advantage over the Mario side due to having moniters instead of blocks, which means they can simply spin into them, instead of having to jump precisely. Also, this map is extremely small. No good for matches longer than three minutes, otherwise, things get tired really quick. I love the conceptual win this place has though. ^_^;
MAP22 - Slime Tower - Chaos Zero 64 - 6/10
Everything looked all over the place at first. That super fast lift can create the strangest of bugs while the collection of moniter above each base might be a tad too good. Those ceiling pillars could also get annoying to Sonic and Tails players but that might be on purpose. I can't think of much else to say about this map. It's alright.

---

I'll rerate Ree-c's map too when I have time, I copy/pasted this whole vote from a text file I saved yesterday when I discovered the forums were down. x.x

Single Player Level Votes:

1) Greenland Zone
5/10

Very small ares at the beginning, and the level itself is small. This is kind of what I picture Greenflower City One as being. Not bad, if it was designed to be a first-level style map.

2) Dragon Valley Zone
0/10

Well, maybe next time you should write your level headers better. Since it doesn't support Single Player, (Rendering it unplayable-literally), it gets a zero. But, I will give it a review. It's very small. And way too linear. And I don't like the way that the end of the level is hidden behind a wall.

3) Paradise Cove
3/10

Ok, this level is trmendously short. Too many enemies. If they were supposed to be a challenge, they weren't. Broken ending sector, and another sector that you can't get into (save a thok...Even then, it's a fluke, caused by a bug...) Then you have to thok your way out. After spending a while doing this, a large room with tons of enemies I easily thoked my way out of. This is really poor.

4) Radical Highway
7/10

This level was great! A bit maze-ish, but as long as I can maintain a moderates speed, it's a good thing. It was long, not too long, good enemy placement, and good design. Definitely the best of the pack. Rated 7 for missing header, and a bit much of the bottomless pits.

5) Sunken Palace
6/10

I swear, that was the longest time I've ever spent looking for the level exit. That was the worst man-hunt ever. That first "half" was horrible. I did, however, like the race against the rising water, and the end sector being the Master Emerald palace. Those were the two redeeming qualities to this level.

finally the site is up again!
for some reason, when I downloaded the multiplayer maps, I got mystic realm instead. I'll get back to you on that, I'm redownloading now.

As for the single player maps:

Green Land 1 - 7/10

it's ok. Not bad for a first time. a little bit cramped in places, but still fun. 7/10!

Radical Highway - 3/10

WHOA!!! way too dark in software! i take 2 steps forward, and bang! into a pit! game ove rafter the first five minutes. I'd rate it better if I could see something...

Sunken Palace - 8/10

not bad! pretty good actually! the buzz-buzzes (or whaterver they are called) got very annoying when underwater trying to grab an air bubble. racing the water is one heck of a challenge as sonic. as knuckles though...way too easy. nice design concepts here.

Paradise Cove - 2/10

Uh??? one long cramped, enemy filled cave. I haven't yet beat it. here's a tip, if you MUST overdose on enemies, at lest leave some room to fight them.

1) Waterfall Warfare:
7/10
It had a good idea behind it, but the execution was off. It, first of all, was WAY too big, but that didnt show due to all the maps being big in this contest. Overall, a solid map.

2) Abyss Highway
2 /10
This map is a laggers nightmare. This map could of really shined if it was done correctly. Its way too vertical, which really shows when you fall off the top into a pit. Thats point 2, the bottomless pit. The only really good level that demonstrates this technique is Nimbus Ruins, to be honest. Nice try.

3) Toxic Turmoil
RAWR/10
This is my first solo map, as some of you know. I was very eager for this contest to arrive. Yes, being my first solo map, it's a bit crappy, but this wont be the last of wadding you will see from me. ^_~

4) Rocky Ravine
9/10
Nice work! The map nicely spreads the players around and has just enough rings to make it great.
5) Abrahah
0/10
0.0() Easy to get armegeddon shield? Small tunnels leading to noplace? Nonononononono.

6) Aquatic Caves
5/10
Green, watery, and huge. 3 of my not-so favorite things.

7) Molten Core
7/10
Man, I LOVE those polls with lava comin down them! They look so good. :D Aside, it was a good map to play on, with no real flaws.

8) Techno Heights
7/10
Quite overly horizontal, IMO. Nothing really bad sticking out, though,

9) Greenery Hotel
7/10
Unique idea, this is. Plays well in most situations too. Nice!

10) Power Ring
4/10
The textures you used looked like they were picked randomly from a hat. Other than that, plays somewhat well.

11) Searing WellSpring
6/10
The hypothetical(SP?) 32-player netgame would do well here. Also, CTF would also do well here. I think you can guess whats mainly wrong with it.

12) Lost Temple
3/10
WAY too small. If you get an armegeddon shield from the center, you hurt everybody, which is a no-no. Other than that, played OK.

13) Rush Job
8/10
You could so tell it was a rush job. :P It was pretty decent, disregardling my last comment. The only real problem was that there were an overload of rings. No biggie. =P

Capture the Flag

1) - Crystal Dimension
8/10
LOVE those stairs leading to the flag! Yes, this map is exceptionally huge, but in this case, it isnt a bad thing. Many places to hide, and mess around with. Great work!

2) Forest War
5/10
This feels MUCH more like a match map, IMO. At first, it was quite difficult to figure out the flag locations, and those random holes are useful, but quite surprising. Would of done better in match.

3) Castle Jail
3/10
Too crouded, and filled with unnessisary caverns leading nowhere. There is also a great lack of rings.

4) Imbedded Urban
7/10
I loved this! It was a great idea, and done well. It plays pretty nicely, too. I can't really think of much to say, other than the fact that the urbanized area might of been a bit too small. Good work!

5) Wall Fortresses
10/10
Amazing. It really is. I mean, having the bases so close to eachother, yet its inacessible due to the change of gravity, so innovating and original. You can see SPmoves has shaped wadders. :P

6) W.A's Soccer
2/10
0.0 Flat playing surface (mostly), flags simple to get, um...its out there, and It looks like a first-wad type of wad. Next time, try not to have a wad named after you.

7) Terrace Tussel
7/10
You just love making maps huge, dont you? :P It plays well, but again, is too big. Would work out in a 32-player netgame, but in a normal 5 or 6 player netgame, is way to spread out. Good work, otherwise.

8) Green Mushroom
6/10
Absolutely love the idea! The music changing linedef executer worked perfectly, too. The only thing that isnt great is the size. Way too small, which makes for no hiding spots.

9) Slime Tower 6/10
T'was an OK map. Had some good ideas, but nothing really stood out.

Spazzo said:
5) Wall Fortresses
N/A
Not to accuse, but I'm not going to vote on this one just yet, because it DISTINCTLY looks like a map from SPmoves. All this map looks like is a ripoff of that map, with some minor edits. That sort-of stuff isnt allowed in this contest. Forgive me if this is a misunderstanding or mistake, but I want to clear up this matter before I vote on this map.

Pay attention to my post. It says that my inspiration came from that map, I didn't directly take from it. (Especially since I don't HAVE SPMoves anymore) I built it 100% complete from scratch and as Mystic stated in the rules, designing your map BASED off another while still making it your own is legal.

JJames19119 said:
Spazzo said:
5) Wall Fortresses
N/A
Not to accuse, but I'm not going to vote on this one just yet, because it DISTINCTLY looks like a map from SPmoves. All this map looks like is a ripoff of that map, with some minor edits. That sort-of stuff isnt allowed in this contest. Forgive me if this is a misunderstanding or mistake, but I want to clear up this matter before I vote on this map.

Pay attention to my post. It says that my inspiration came from that map, I didn't directly take from it. (Especially since I don't HAVE SPMoves anymore) I built it 100% complete from scratch and as Mystic stated in the rules, designing your map BASED off another while still making it your own is legal.
Sorry for accusing you.
Post updated.

Single Player
Dragon Valley 2 - ZTaimat - 3/10
Pretty meh. There's just not that much to see or do here. Also, the level header should let you warp there without forcing it, not to mention it should be MAP01 anyways. The whole thing is far too cramped, too. Open it up a bit and add more secrets.

Green Land 1 - KingofFlames - 4/10
Also pretty meh, but it wasn't suffering from technical issues. Just kinda boring. At least there were secrets, but it was far too cramped, and kinda small.

Radical Highway - Blue Blur - 5/10
Suffers from one fatal flaw: It's WAY too dark. Brighten it up a bit, and give it a level header, and it'll probably play much better.

Sunken Palace - ree-c - 7/10
This level, while big, suffers from a basic issue. Total lack of detail. The level is big, varied, and kinda interesting, but there is nothing but gigantic walls of texture. Why not spice it up with some scenery? Also, it needs more Star Posts pretty badly, and the pits here are insanely cheesy.

Paradise Cove - Hyper Tails - 1/10
Yuck. Out of place Sonic Adventure music in what is essentially a bunch of enemies on a tiny straight pathway. There really isn't anything redeeming here.

Match
MAP01 - Waterfall Warfare - ST218 - 5/10
Technical issues with framerate aside, this map is really too big, and a lot of the area isn't used at all. The water leads down, so pretty much all that happens is everyone ends up in the pool at the bottom shooting each other. Not to mention it's just boring.

MAP02 - Abyss Highway - ZTaimat - 1/10
Crashes with a lot of players, and is just boring when it doesn't. 600 to 0 is not a fun game. Maybe would be more fun if the bottom wasn't a pit. Maybe add a floor there and place something at the bottom.

MAP03 - Toxic Turmoil - Spazzo - 5/10
Reminds me a lot of one of my early maps, Orange Crater. Pretty bad as Sonic, but playing it as Tails was actually kinda fun. I don't like how the main textures block your view when flying, though. It doesn't seem like those are there for anything.

MAP04 - Rocky Ravine - Blue Blur - 7/10
Quite fun, but has a MAJOR issue. There is only one explosion ring, and one homing ring. This makes it VERY easy to dominate one of the rings by simply going back to the spawn point as the timer runs out. I suggest placing at least 2 of each weapon ring. Otherwise quite solid.

MAP05 - Agrabah - Mikel - 0/10
Armageddon Shield, no rings, no fun. I suggest going back to the basics and understanding how deathmatch is actually played.

MAP06 - Aquatic Caves - ree-c - 6/10
Personally, I quite enjoyed it, as Explosion + water is pretty fun. It's a little big, though, taking forever to get from one side to the other underwater.

MAP07 - Molten Core - ree-c - 6/10
60 Elite jokes aside, the stage is pretty solid, with interesting usage of a lot of things. However, it REALLY needs to be darker, because it's nearly impossible to see the crosshair against the THZWAL01 texture at that brightness, making it really hard to Rail people. Also, it would be a good idea to place a second Rail Ring somewhere else to make it harder to dominate the Rail.

MAP08 - Techno Heights - ree-c - 8/10
While it looked really bad, I had more fun on this than I was remotely expecting. Bravo. The usage of the spindash passage was brilliant, and the level design just led to a lot of fun. I wish I could nail down what made the stage entertaining, but I don't really know.

MAP09 - Greenery Hotel - JJames19119 - 8/10
Concentrated awesome. The details really make the map. I just have one major objection. Get rid of the teleports immediately. They drag down what would otherwise be a 9-10. Also, the little areas outside the side windows where the teleports are could stand to be a little easier to get out of. We occasionally ended up with 3-4 people in that tiny area, and it was a tad ridiculous with no easy way out.

MAP10 - Power Ring - Walter - 3/10
While it's obviously a "My first map" and really ugly, with painfully repetitive music, I actually had a bit of fun on it. Look at other maps to see how to improve, but it's a pretty decent first try.

MAP11 - Searing Wellspring - Oogaland - 7/10
Huge, but totally in a good way. I had a ton of fun sniping. Maybe a bit too big, but overall I had a riot having sniper wars with people halfway across the map.

MAP12 - Lost Temple - Chabo - 3/10
Uh, just far too small. Especially after coming off of Searing Wellspring. This just boils down to whoever can spam shots better than everyone else. No skill involved is no fun, really.

MAP13 - Rush Job - Neo Chaotikal - 7/10
Obvious rush job, but not bad. Neat use of that texture, although the crosshair is kinda hard to see on it. The water and the Rail can be kinda insane, though. The first round I grabbed the Rail, went underwater, and proceeded to get 1500 points without getting hit once ^_^()

Capture the Flag
MAP14 - Crystal Dimension - ST218 - 8/10
Large, but not in a bad way. Awesome rounds of CTF, with the sniper towers, and the bases doing a great job. Can be kinda overly bright and hard to see, but that's more an issue of the special stage texture set than the level.

MAP15 - Forest War - ZTaimat - 4/10
I really didn't like this map much at all. First off, the Inferno Shield is MUCH better than the Attraction Shield in CTF, so one team is at an advantage right there. The secret passages are random, and can be abused by the flagholder. Also, the total lack of vertical movement made the stage kinda dull for running around.

MAP16 - Castle Jail - ZTaimat - 7/10
Absolutely insane. In a good way. I'll admit to not using the upper floors pretty much at all, but for a straight round of CTF, this works really well.

MAP17 - Imbedded Urban - Blue Blur - 4/10
Pretty meh. I love the look of the map, but it was just really hard to get a capture, or even go fast at all. The city was too cramped, and the open area in the center was just used to get from one city to another really fast. Just a lot of frustrating situations ensued with getting stuck on the wall, stopping dead, and then getting shot.

MAP18 - Wall Fortresses - JJames19119 - 6/10
Gimme a bit. For some reason, you flagged this as a match map, so this map was skipped on the rotation, so I haven't played it. I'll vote when I play a few rounds on it.

Update with score and review:
The map is okay. The concept with the gravity is kinda neat, but the layout just doesn't hold up to the awesome concept. Needs more stuff to do, and I was abusing the Auto-Rail to the point of being boring.

MAP19 - W.A's Soccer - Walter - 0/10
Auto-Explosion is automatic failure. The REDWALL sky, flashing colors, and total lack of anything redeeming also makes the map totally unplayable.

MAP20 - Terrace Tussel - ST218 - 2/10
Yuck. As a Sonic player, this is unplayable. Switching to Tails, it was still pretty damn bad. It takes too long to get from one side to the other, the stairs stick you and stop you dead, and the springs just lead to getting shot, making captures near-impossible.

MAP21 - Green Mushroom - FuriousFox - 5/10
Pretty much all for concept. The springs leading up to the flag stop the player dead, and lead to a lot of frustrating situations where there is simply no way not to get shot. The level is so tiny that there is pretty much always someone there to shoot you, too. You need some frikken cover to get up to the flag, really badly.

MAP22 - Slime Tower - Chaos Zero 64 - 7/10
Really quite interesting. I suggest less powerup boxes in the bases, especially considering the uselessness of Super Sneakers in such a vertical map. Also, you should probably lower the depth of the slime, so you can actually pick it up if it lands in the center pool.

Hey Mystic: about the small stuff...it was small because in my thread I said it was gonna be kinda small, because it was the first ever level I made for SRB2...so...yeah...

Mystic, would it be okay if I put up an updated version of Radical Highway with the lighht levels up and (hopefully) with a header?

Blue Blur said:
Mystic, would it be okay if I put up an updated version of Radical Highway with the lighht levels up and (hopefully) with a header?
You can, but for the contest the original version is what counts. I highly suggest you fix it for the Addons section, though.

Mystic said:
MAP18 - Wall Fortresses - JJames19119
Gimme a bit. For some reason, you flagged this as a match map, so this map was skipped on the rotation, so I haven't played it. I'll vote when I play a few rounds on it.

I looked into the issue and turns out, I made a mistake calculating the type of level. x_x Sorry, big whoops on my part.

Mystic said:
You can, but for the contest the original version is what counts. I highly suggest you fix it for the Addons section, though.

Suits me, hehe. :wink: Anyway, could people tell me anything wrong with the level that doesn't have to do with lighting or the header when you vote? I already fixed both.

A message will be in your e-mail soon, Mystic.

I am only voting on some stage's for now but Ill try to vote on more latter.

CTF
MAP19 W.A's Soccer by Walter
The whole idea was to make it like a football match CTF was the best he could do.There are a few problems like the sky but it was pretty allright.5/10

MAP27 GreenMushroom by Furious Fox
(editThe idea was good but ithe music change's got anoying I tought it was good first but it then got anoying sorry.3/10

(edit)MAP16 Castle Jail by ZTaimat
This was a good idea.Awesome.Maybe those holes that are ment to be cells could be using those bar things from CE2 with toads in them or maybe you can tellport in to them.But it is stilll one of my favourites.9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back