Why is the WIKI down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not the only one who's having this prpblem with the Wiki. In fact, I think it goes for all of us, right?

Not only the Wiki is down, but srb2.org and all 3 blogs are down. This is an outrage for me.

If it was to do with the moving business, then how come we didn't get told?? And wouldn't this MB be down too??

Stop it Silent Snipe... You already sounding stupid to me... -_-

We don't get told because it'd be inefficient to go on about every single thing, when it's already been said that all this moving is gonna be disruptive. Also, this MB is hosted on sepwich, not the shiny new server, and therefore has a seperate catalogue of crashes.

The reason that you can't reach the sepwich wiki, is because it redirects to the new server. You'll have to wait, or post a question in editing help.

Guys, nothing is moving. Cue doesn't even have the new MB anywhere near completion yet. Apparently, someone at the place where srb2.org is hosted shut down the PC or something:

[10:57:31] <LoganA> Broadcast message from root@srb2.doesntexist.org (tty1) (Wed May 28 16:43:53 Shut Down via gdm.
[10:57:31] <LoganA> The system is going down for system halt NOW!
[10:57:55] <LoganA> yea, someone sutdown my server agian

Stop assuming the movement is happening, if it was the board would be down so nobody could post anything, since after a MySQL backup is made everything would be lost.

Stop assuming everything is to do with me, as well! :(

Cue said:
Stop assuming the movement is happening, if it was the board would be down so nobody could post anything, since after a MySQL backup is made everything would be lost.

I didn't assume it was to do with the movement. I didn't assume that it was to do with you either.

I mean... if the Wiki was really going to be moved, the new Wiki should at least work and be complete enough before the other goes down. Same with everything else...

The Wiki has already moved and is working fine. Since the SRB2.org domain is down, any site on it like the Wiki is down as well.

Sonict said:
Guys, nothing is moving. Cue doesn't even have the new MB anywhere near completion yet.

That's peculiar... I remember Cue saying we could expect it by the end of this week. ಠ_ಠ

Not only that, but:

Cue said:

Then stop being a bigot and bragging about it whenever you get the chance? You keep saying how totally amazing this is going to be. You're provoking all of the users, and garnering attention. What do you expect to happen? It's a backlash of the hype. If you can't handle your own over-hyped ego at this point, you never should've used that technique in the first place. Though, I'm sure you'll reply with how it's all going according to plan. I see it's going very well, and all of this commotion is being handled in a very organized manner...

Ash said:
Sonict said:
Guys, nothing is moving. Cue doesn't even have the new MB anywhere near completion yet.

That's peculiar... I remember Cue saying we could expect it by the end of this week. ಠ_ಠ

Not only that, but:

Cue said:

Then stop being a bigot and bragging about it whenever you get the chance? You keep saying how totally amazing this is going to be. You're provoking all of the users, and garnering attention. What do you expect to happen? It's a backlash of the hype. If you can't handle your own over-hyped ego at this point, you never should've used that technique in the first place. Though, I'm sure you'll reply with how it's all going according to plan. I see it's going very well, and all of this commotion is being handled in a very organized manner...

Cue has no authority on things, Ash. I still don't understand why he said that personally. I do agree with your second reply though. It sums up what I think about this too.

Oh, I know he has no authority. He did say it was almost done, though, which is making me suspicious on whether or not significant progress is actually being made.

Real Life things have got in the way of development, that and I have a £125 PHP coding job to finish, so I dunno now, although I really need to get the code done since my ICT teacher is becoming impatient and really wants me to finish the site... (I'm using the code for my GCSE, no point in coding the same thing over and over again, eh?).

Why does this has to happen?

You can't test your wad with users to help find gliches,
theres no levels recently because of no testing of it in multiplayer,
and there is no WIKI to help you.

Why can't someone make a backup of the SRB2 WIKI that won't go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back