The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueTenguMan

Been working. . .
Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-Leveling.jpg

Links: Angry Joe: Skyrim review

Skyrim Playthrough: Rydar Games

Okay, so it's been somewhere around a week and a half since the release of Skyrim, and I have to say everything about it is phenomenal. Environments are more in depth than past Elder Scrolls games (Morrowind and Oblivion more) and just as expansive, combat is punishing as even a simple bandit can kill you in one shot expectantly (I found that to be a bit of an annoyance though) and this time, being capable of making and improving armor, cooking, some stuff about marriage? Balanced Werewolf and not as crippling vampire powers?
Dragon fights?

Really I can go on and on, but some reviews, gameplays and first hand experienced will more or less just how major this game is over Oblivion and well. . .any Elder Scrolls game. Anyway, as of now I'm a Level 18 Khajiti Vampire with a stealth set up (with a few good experienced areas in Restoration, Alteration, and soon Illusion).

SO. . .who else has anything to say about Skyrim?

Nice game overall, though glitches keep finding me x.x

I rarely encountered any glitches during my time playing except say one or two (One of them being the infamous "get stuck and glued to a corner no matter how much you struggle to get out" glitch if you know what I mean). But other than that, Skyrim is by far the more stable of Bethesda's releases; a helluva lot more stable than the past two Fallout games.

Anyway. . . I wanted to kinda share a small story of mine that happened a few days ago.
As a Level 20 Khajiti Vampire, I was venturing around the Statue of Azura until I caught eye of a flying dragon ((Blood Dragon)). Flying dragons could mean two things:

1. Free Dragon soul XD
  2. Dragon shrine
So as me and my companion Faendal travel up to find the dragon and all, I had forgotten that it’s been a few days since I last had blood ( I was at Stage 3, and just now hit stage 4) and my Fire Vulnerability was already at 100%

At this point I didn’t know how long I would last against it, especially since I had to gamble if it was a Yol (Fire) or Fo (Frost) user. Apparently the game trolled me and it so happened to be a Yol user Dragon. . .Ha Ha swell, but lucky, me being smart and taking precautions knowing my weaknesses as a Vamp packed up plenty of Fire resistance potions, and lots of Magicka potions and Elsweyr Fondue. I mean, yeah I gonna still take one hell of a punch from it’s fire breath, but at least with Healing and Fast Heal, Plus with my Regeneration perk to buff my Healing spells, I could survive the fire onslaught, along with Elsweyr Fondue regenerating my Magicka faster.

So after about 5-6 minutes of fighting and keeping my health as stable as I could keep it, I finally take the damn bastard down, feeling proud that I slayed a Dragon at Stage 4 Vampirism. After the battle, I take my bones and scales and 500 gold off him and give him to my Companion…but wait…oh hohoho…wait…the AI just NOW decides to go out and attack me. Meaning that not only must I kill my helper, but I now no longer have a walking blood bank/pack mule, and I had to restart from my previous save and fight the freaking Blood Dragon AGAIN!!!!

But of course I kept my cool and thought of it this way… first off, and this is a habit of mine, is that I forgot I had the Shout: “MARKED FOR DEATH” which practically cut’s the armor rating of any opponent almost a third (and twice as more with a word set) which would have saved me time from a dragged on battle and kill and loot the dragon faster, which was the obvious outcome on my second fight. The second was that at the Statue of Azura, there was a bed, which means I can command Faendal to sleep and feed off him to revert to stage one again (whew!).

And so, that was my day with Skyrim. Possibly one of more tamed ones over the freaking bandit attacks I’ve encountered lately.
=============================
My Equipment: ((Dwarven War Axe (Fine), Dwarven Bow (Fine), Novice hood (+30 Magicka), Necklace of Minor Magicka (+20 Magicka), Fur Armor (Fine), Steel Plate Bracers of Smithing (+15% Armor improvement), Steel Shin Boots (Enchanted: +30 Stamina, (Fine) ), Silver Amethyst Ring (Enchanted: +25% Magicka Regeneration))

Faendal’s Equipment: (( Dwarven sword (Fine), Elven Shield of Waning Frost (30% Frost resistance), Elven Light armor, Elven Boots, Elven Gauntlets, Leather Helmet (Fine), Elven Arrows))

This game is fantastic and you are crazy if you have not played it yet. That's pretty much all I have to say.

Nice game overall, though glitches keep finding me x.x

Yep, Bethesda loves those glitches they put in all of their games. Even in Skyrim, you would think they finally have no glitches when you start realizing your character gets frozen in the floor. It's not as bad as that PlayStation3 version of Fallout 3 in which not having Child at Heart when going to Little Lamplight will mess up your whole main story quest.

I'd say that given the sheer amount of worthwhile content in the game, glitches are excusable, if not hilarious. Getting smacked by a giant and flying into orbit will never get old XD

For a game as big as Skyrim, finding every glitch is an impossible task for the Bethesda team. This is why bugfix updates were invented.

I'm not too partial to the Elder Scrolls series, but then again I don't find much interest in a lot of single player stuff.

I'll Begin, trust me, the game is worth owning. Personally, I have never enjoyed RPGs or the medieval "ye olde sword" type of thing, but I just can't stop playing the damn thing. The graphics are decent, the environments are amazing, and there's just so much to do. It's actually kind of overwhelming. Going on quests only to talk to someone and getting sent on another quest is awesome, but somewhat daunting. I'm just satisfied that I bought a game that was finally worth my money. Over 300 hours of immersive gameplay is definitely better than some of the other the piss poor releases I've seen this season.

Anyway, it's hard not to find immense satisfaction when you kill a dragon with your flaming magic super powers and your ultra-strong mace that you crafted and enchanted yourself. It's just that kind of thing.

Skyrim looks just like a generic FPS to me. Honestly speaking anyway.

Well, actually there is an option to change the camera to a 3rd person view of the game, which I've seen actually makes the game a bit more easy.

I haven't actually played the game, but I watched a friend play it, and I guess if you put wooden buckets on people's heads, you can rob them and they won't get angry, you have to make sure the buckets don't fall off though, because my friend accidently got Lucan Valerius mad when the bucket he placed had fallen off when he was pickpocketing him and he and his sister chased my friend so far that he had to start from his last save.

Last edited:
Skyrim looks just like a generic FPS to me. Honestly speaking anyway.

Ever played the other series? ES III: Morrowind may keep you entertained if Oblivion and Skyrim weren't your cup of tea. Now generic FPS on the other hand? . . .Far from it IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back