• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Now working on Techno Hill Act 2 Version 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManimiFire

Meow Motherfuckers.
I'm about to remade Techno Hill Act 2 For fun and for putting my ElectroBuzzes in the level, here, look...
The "add attachments" option in my computer doesn't work, so I uploaded links from dropbox about those screenshots:

(It's actually B.A.S.E with many many updates, and there are many things that removed, the sign does not removed, and the ElectroBuzzes put in this zone, and I did noticed the elevator?)

Attachments

• srb20227.png
    srb20227.png
    192 KB · Views: 300
  • srb20228.png
    srb20228.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 296
  • srb20229.png
    srb20229.png
    229.7 KB · Views: 370
  • srb20230.png
    srb20230.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 289
  • srb20231.png
    srb20231.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 294
  • srb20232.png
    srb20232.png
    202.5 KB · Views: 290
  • srb20233.png
    srb20233.png
    158.5 KB · Views: 309
  • srb20234.png
    srb20234.png
    305.3 KB · Views: 262
  • srb20235.png
    srb20235.png
    173.1 KB · Views: 268
  • srb20236.png
    srb20236.png
    139.6 KB · Views: 274
  • srb20237.png
    srb20237.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 272
  • srb20238.png
    srb20238.png
    192.4 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Fixed up the images to a viewable fashion. And thus, here are my thoughts.
*The wall textures chosen are not good, as detailed textures do not scale well when large distances are in play.
*The level layout is heavily blocky, and the environments are barren, which can be seen mostly in screenshots 5 and 7.
*Screenshot 4 presents what appears to be a slimy liquid, and yet, it does not appear to be the gelatinous substance in the present version, nor the damaging acid presented in versions of old.
*There is no sources of light anywhere, which raises the question as to why the red flashing is occuring in the first screenshot
*The Oily Waterfalls everywhere in the map don't seem to have any purpose other than being there randomly, having no discernible source. On that same note, in the seventh screenshot, the oil under the waterfall is far brighter than the norm. Speaking of which, you should probably raise the oil in that room up a slight amount so it covers the bottom of the boxes instead of being just the texture on a flat floor.
*I also hope that you will not be using the oil as a damaging substance, and rather, sections more akin to quicksand and ice, as shown in its usage in ACZ.

That's not everything, but I feel that I have presented enough for you to work on. I have decided to avoid commenting on the signs and buzzes graphics up until this point, as they most likely are just placeholders for refined graphics later.

Fixed up the images to a viewable fashion. And thus, here are my thoughts.
*The wall textures chosen are not good, as detailed textures do not scale well when large distances are in play.
*The level layout is heavily blocky, and the environments are barren, which can be seen mostly in screenshots 5 and 7.
*Screenshot 4 presents what appears to be a slimy liquid, and yet, it does not appear to be the gelatinous substance in the present version, nor the damaging acid presented in versions of old.
*There is no sources of light anywhere, which raises the question as to why the red flashing is occuring in the first screenshot
*The Oily Waterfalls everywhere in the map don't seem to have any purpose other than being there randomly, having no discernible source. On that same note, in the seventh screenshot, the oil under the waterfall is far brighter than the norm. Speaking of which, you should probably raise the oil in that room up a slight amount so it covers the bottom of the boxes instead of being just the texture on a flat floor.
*I also hope that you will not be using the oil as a damaging substance, and rather, sections more akin to quicksand and ice, as shown in its usage in ACZ.

That's not everything, but I feel that I have presented enough for you to work on. I have decided to avoid commenting on the signs and buzzes graphics up until this point, as they most likely are just placeholders for refined graphics later.

Ok, I fixed the screenshots, and also thanks for your thought, I'll try to do them...

Ok, when the srb2 connection has down, I decided all the time to work on this wad, and tomorrow, I send you the screenshots of the update (When I remember this, the down of the connecton, we need to talk about it :/)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back