Kingdom Hearts: 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
The command deck takes some getting used to, but it's also understandable considering that the 3DS has less buttons than the normal PS3 controller.

If you played a little bit of Birth by sleep or RE: coded, it's not as hard as it looks. But the use of the control pad was a little frustrating compared to RE:coded

Anyway, playing on my girl's game (haven't picked up my pre-order yet >_<) I could see a big difficulty rise compared to passed games, and I freaking love it. . .but me being a Proud mode player, I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who suffered.
================================
Ansem got the biggest buff so far, but more so in his second form from those lasers and those dark spec showers that can kill you instantly if you don't position yourself right. Took me a good 8 hours just to beat him mainly because on my second try, he had just a bit of health left, but I lost focus and got LAZOR'ed. skjdblbdlvsdsdf. . .

Oh and those black orbs he shoots. . .ugh X(

Xemnas however was slightly buffed but not as difficult. . .then again I went with a Magic build with Sora (Paired with a Cera Terror rank C and a Majik Lapin Rank A) so I guess right choice?

Young Xehanort. . .dat clock. . .keyblade whip. . .nuff said

Spellican took me a bit from it's spamming beam sword swipes and star showers, but not as hard from what I expected.
=============================================

Haven't attempted to get Ultima yet since I'm happy with my Divewing keyblade, but I'll do that until I get my own game. Other than that, a great game to hold us over till KH3.

Last edited:
So here's my side of the story during my playthrough...

One thing I noticed is the difficultly spike and yes I just HAD to play it on Proud Mode so there were quite a few deaths here and there. I honestly thought it was going to be simple like in the other games but nope. I kinda did some grinding for levels because even if the world you're going to suggests a certain Battle Level say... 30. I wait until I'm about 5 levels over it or more to be on the safe side even though in that world I get more levels due to the portals and of course slaying everything in sight.

Spellican wasn't that difficult as I thought it would be with Scizor telling me about him before I even knew. He is annoying with his spam attacks and being that I lack the Once More ability... I had to keep healing with Curaga at about half HP. I'm surprised I didn't die during the first part where you had to chase him down but it was close with just 1 HP left.

As for spirits... I didn't care about ranks for them but later on I learned that the better their rank is the more of a boost their stats get so I only made Star-Rank spirits. However... some Commands that I see on the Ability Link for some spirits have a star icon on it. *For example... Firaga Burst & Deep freeze to name a few.* Does this mean that the spirit needs to be a Star-Rank in order to have that Command appear or does it just tell you that it takes 2 slots? I have about 25 different spirits at Star-Rank only so... yea, did some major dream piece buying and... stuff.
-----
And that is pretty much it I suppose, I'm at the 7th world currently with both characters. *Sora at Lv. 43 & Riku at Lv. 42.* I think I should mention that if you're going to make high-ranking spirits be sure to do it on a world that has Risky Winds, trust me on this one.

*Edit*
And because the Moogle Shop was so nice to finally stock the Dream Pieces I need... I was able to create a spirit that has the Once More ability, now to go get the Link Points for it. >_>

Last edited:
This is actually my first "actual" Kingdom Hearts I get to play. I played 2 for about an hour when I was 7, and I didn't even know the name of the series was Kingdom Hearts.
This game, by all means, is probably the closest thing to a PERFECT 3DS game. Honestly the only bad thing about it is the fact that some platforming places can become useless if you just Flowmotion on the nearest wall repeatedly, instead of doing the actual platforming.
I love pretty much every bit of this game- thinking about the command deck skills, collecting stuff to make the right companions, the small mini-games they've implemented just for fun, this game has so much to offer. I like it a lot. Also another point, I'm really glad they added "Chronicles" and sorts into this, because this being my first KH game, I know nothing about the story, but the Chronicles sum it up nicely, so I can actually get to know the settings of this game.
10/10

Honestly the only bad thing about it is the fact that some platforming places can become useless if you just Flowmotion on the nearest wall repeatedly, instead of doing the actual platforming.

While that is pretty abusable, I do find it pretty nice that most of the levels have something to stop total abuse of that.

-----
And that is pretty much it I suppose, I'm at the 7th world currently with both characters. *Sora at Lv. 43 & Riku at Lv. 42.

Let me warn you half way. . .grind as much as possible as Riku, cause you only get a couple of chances to play as Sora until he takes his "small nap", in which Riku will be your main person in the end-game.

Sora only has one boss to fight before his "nap", while Riku has 5 bosses all together (three fights before the grace period which you can do whatever you want before going into the castle, and once you get to the castle, two more fights).

Last edited:
As for spirits... I didn't care about ranks for them but later on I learned that the better their rank is the more of a boost their stats get so I only made Star-Rank spirits. However... some Commands that I see on the Ability Link for some spirits have a star icon on it. *For example... Firaga Burst & Deep freeze to name a few.* Does this mean that the spirit needs to be a Star-Rank in order to have that Command appear or does it just tell you that it takes 2 slots? I have about 25 different spirits at Star-Rank only so... yea, did some major dream piece buying and... stuff.

I was always wondering what was the point behind the ranking system and what makes the Star Rank possible. I was just making Star Rank Dream Eaters for the heck of it anyways but it is good to know that it is useful as well since I am going to be going for Critical Mode when I prep up with Dream Eaters that are Star Ranked (although it is going to be fun getting all those abilities again). As for getting commands that usually take two slots, no you do not need Star Rank Dream Eaters to get them, just time and a lot of patience (Happy Link Point grinding :D) in case you did not find that part out yet.

Already have the Secret Ending, but I am getting all of the trophies anyways for completion's sake.

Well That's too bad!
I never actually noticed that if you use different materials to make spirits their rank changes, now I feel silly for wasting a lot of rare pieces...
Also, I'm just noticing, I'm at the final stage (at least I think it's the final one, The City That Never Was), and there were some of the Dinosaur enemies... Why are their heads so buggy? It almost looks like a glitch, and very unintenional... their heads just disconnet from the body and roam around... Am I the only one getting that?

Well That's too bad!
I never actually noticed that if you use different materials to make spirits their rank changes, now I feel silly for wasting a lot of rare pieces...
Also, I'm just noticing, I'm at the final stage (at least I think it's the final one, The City That Never Was), and there were some of the Dinosaur enemies... Why are their heads so buggy? It almost looks like a glitch, and very unintenional... their heads just disconnet from the body and roam around... Am I the only one getting that?

You cannot hit Skelterwild's head actually, only the body. Kind of annoying to deal with but just to clarify it is intentional.

So now I've just beaten the game yesterday and I was overleveled by a long shot. At the end Sora's Level was 62 and Riku's Level was 63. Still... the last bosses in the game that you fight as Riku still do decent damage on you and if you lack Once More you ARE going to die.

Why was I overleveled? Because I kept hunting down Special Portals for some Dream Pieces to create some spirits to unlock abilities that I lacked. *Yes, I have EVERY single ability maxed out. Not counting the blue stat boosting ones.*

So after seeing the end/credits and blah blah blah, I went ahead and fought the secret boss in the game.

The secret boss you fight is Julius from that one Mickey short which I think is called "The Runaway Brain". Your spirits can't help you here however their stat boosters that they give you still take effect so have spirits that give you Magic Hastes & maybe Attack Hastes and HP Boosts. *I think the Drop Bonuses such as Attack Gain LV 3 and such also help however I'm not sure.*

Honestly if you're going to fight him without Leaf Bracer, Second Chance & Once More don't even bother. Some of his attacks will combo you like there's no tomorrow and will kill you outright unless you're at full HP and have a ton of Defense however that might not be enough. At about half HP he'll summon lightning which you'll get hit multiple times and his fists will be charged with lightning. If you get hit by a attack at this point while using a command it'll darken that command and it'll take forever to recharge. This is very bad for any Cure commands so watch it.

As Sora I had the most difficult time with Julius the first time mainly because I went with Commands like Salvation, Sonic Blade, etc.. which he can knock you out of and cancel it. I ended up dying like 5+ times until I figured what commands to use.

What I used was Balloonga, Balloonra (x2), Esuna (Thinking it would restore the darken commands but it didn't so that was a waste.), and Curaga (x4). Balloonaga spells wrecks Julius very badly as you can use it while you're far away from him and it'll home onto him. Balloonra is risky as when you cast it you end up hitting it automatically and Julius can just rush in a score a hit. For dodging... Superglide helps very greatly as you really need to keep your distance from him especially when his fists are charged with lightning as that will deal more damage to you and can darken your commands, however when the lightning comes you're going to get hit... a lot so Cure when needed.

After the battle I think all of my Balloon commands were darken and 2 Curagas were darken so yea... it wasn't easy.
-----
As Riku it's actually easy as his Dark Roll is very useful as you're immune to damage when using it and you have access to Dark Barrier which can block in all directions. The commands I used were Dark Aura, Balloonaga, Balloonra (x2), and Curaga (x4). Yes, it's almost the same as Sora's Command deck, I know.

The same setup is just like Sora's however Dark Aura was risky to use as Julius can cancel that out if you get hit. What I did was use it during the lightning attack which thankfully doesn't knock you out of using it. You still take damage thought so be sure your HP is high enough.
-----
Your reward for defeating Julius is the Ultima Weapon, which gives STR+16 & MAG+16 and a higher chance of scoring critical hits and reality shifts. I honestly hate to even attempt Julius on Critical Mode now seeing as I did it on Proud and had a hard time with it.

Now all I have to do is deal with the Secret Portals and perhaps find all the treasures and then I'm done with it.

I seriously was waiting for this for a long time, but then I found out it's on 3ds. I HATE that system.

WHAT!?! I'm the same way.... with PSP. The reason- I'd only get like five games for it, as they are the only ones I care about. Anyway, I wonder, in the first picture on the first post, what is with the huge Nobody, dusk, whatever it is (it's been about 2 years since I played KH2... I much prefer the Grid to Space Paranoids in terms of music)? I've beaten the whole game, save for the last world on my second file (Proud Mode), and Critical Mode, and I have NEVER seen it.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

So now I've just beaten the game yesterday and I was overleveled by a long shot. At the end Sora's Level was 62 and Riku's Level was 63. Still... the last bosses in the game that you fight as Riku still do decent damage on you and if you lack Once More you ARE going to die.

Why was I overleveled? Because I kept hunting down Special Portals for some Dream Pieces to create some spirits to unlock abilities that I lacked. *Yes, I have EVERY single ability maxed out. Not counting the blue stat boosting ones.*

So after seeing the end/credits and blah blah blah, I went ahead and fought the secret boss in the game.

The secret boss you fight is Julius from that one Mickey short which I think is called "The Runaway Brain". Your spirits can't help you here however their stat boosters that they give you still take effect so have spirits that give you Magic Hastes & maybe Attack Hastes and HP Boosts. *I think the Drop Bonuses such as Attack Gain LV 3 and such also help however I'm not sure.*

Honestly if you're going to fight him without Leaf Bracer, Second Chance & Once More don't even bother. Some of his attacks will combo you like there's no tomorrow and will kill you outright unless you're at full HP and have a ton of Defense however that might not be enough. At about half HP he'll summon lightning which you'll get hit multiple times and his fists will be charged with lightning. If you get hit by a attack at this point while using a command it'll darken that command and it'll take forever to recharge. This is very bad for any Cure commands so watch it.

As Sora I had the most difficult time with Julius the first time mainly because I went with Commands like Salvation, Sonic Blade, etc.. which he can knock you out of and cancel it. I ended up dying like 5+ times until I figured what commands to use.

What I used was Balloonga, Balloonra (x2), Esuna (Thinking it would restore the darken commands but it didn't so that was a waste.), and Curaga (x4). Balloonaga spells wrecks Julius very badly as you can use it while you're far away from him and it'll home onto him. Balloonra is risky as when you cast it you end up hitting it automatically and Julius can just rush in a score a hit. For dodging... Superglide helps very greatly as you really need to keep your distance from him especially when his fists are charged with lightning as that will deal more damage to you and can darken your commands, however when the lightning comes you're going to get hit... a lot so Cure when needed.

After the battle I think all of my Balloon commands were darken and 2 Curagas were darken so yea... it wasn't easy.
-----
As Riku it's actually easy as his Dark Roll is very useful as you're immune to damage when using it and you have access to Dark Barrier which can block in all directions. The commands I used were Dark Aura, Balloonaga, Balloonra (x2), and Curaga (x4). Yes, it's almost the same as Sora's Command deck, I know.

The same setup is just like Sora's however Dark Aura was risky to use as Julius can cancel that out if you get hit. What I did was use it during the lightning attack which thankfully doesn't knock you out of using it. You still take damage thought so be sure your HP is high enough.
-----
Your reward for defeating Julius is the Ultima Weapon, which gives STR+16 & MAG+16 and a higher chance of scoring critical hits and reality shifts. I honestly hate to even attempt Julius on Critical Mode now seeing as I did it on Proud and had a hard time with it.

Now all I have to do is deal with the Secret Portals and perhaps find all the treasures and then I'm done with it.

My deck was Drop-Me-Not X1, Balloonra X2, Curaga X3, and Mega Potion (X3) X2 for Sora, and same for Riku, exept one Curaga was replaced with Dark Firaga. For those who don't know, the reason for Mega Potions- they don't need to charge, so Julies can't deactivate them, although they do go quickly. Also, make sure Riku has Dark Barrier and Dark Roll. They help tremendously.

Anyway, I wonder, in the first picture on the first post, what is with the huge Nobody, dusk, whatever it is? I've beaten the whole game, save for the last world on my second file (Proud Mode), and Critical Mode, and I have NEVER seen it.

The Twilight Thorn shown in Traverse Town was one of the old screenshots when KH 3DS was mentioned. It's irrelevant to the game now and best forgotten. . .

Perhaps it was going to be related to something, a memory, a hint, but eventually was scrapped for what we have in the game.

The Twilight Thorn shown in Traverse Town was one of the old screenshots when KH 3DS was mentioned. It's irrelevant to the game now and best forgotten. . .

Perhaps it was going to be related to something, a memory, a hint, but eventually was scrapped for what we have in the game.

Oh... That explains a lot. I hated those things back in KHII anyway. Another question, how are Xemnas and Young Xehanort in Sora's dream if when riku entered Sora's dreams, he was in different worlds than sora was?
Also, is Firaga Burst better than Mega Flare? Because I see "use firaga burst!" Everywhere, yet no one mentions mega flare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back