Knuckles Only Paths

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaitoCain

Now I understand we like to be fair to all the characters, but why does Knux get his own paths in SRB2 and addons (I don't play knuxs, but I know of "Knux only" paths in a couple mods but I'm not sure about the main game).

The reason I'm asking this is because he shouldn't get a special path. The only reason he had one in S3&K is because it was his Island and he built (presumably) pathways so he could get around quicker.

What is the logic here in SRB2 and addons? Is his jump hight shorter or is he debilitated in a way that makes him using the main path impossible (as in S3&K)?

His jump hight is slightly lower than Sonic and Tails. Similar to S&K3. The Knuckles only paths are more for a variety in gameplay, so instead of doing the same paths all the time with the same characters, you get a little more variety. It isn't that big in SRB2 however.

The original poster smells of a crybaby. "I WANT ALL THE LEVEL DESIGNERS ATTENTION WAAAAAH"

Really though? Knuckles sports an incredibly unique style of gameplay. Making a Knuckles path is more like utilizing Knuckles's unique skills to provide a varied gameplay experience. It's not intentionally taking away attention from Sonic or Tails. Quit your yapping and actually play Knux.

The original poster smells of a crybaby. "I WANT ALL THE LEVEL DESIGNERS ATTENTION WAAAAAH"

Really though? Knuckles sports an incredibly unique style of gameplay. Making a Knuckles path is more like utilizing Knuckles's unique skills to provide a varied gameplay experience. It's not intentionally taking away attention from Sonic or Tails. Quit your yapping and actually play Knux.

Haha...

Anyways, no. I'm not whining about anything. It was just a serious curiosity that overtook me.

I plan on playing Knux as soon as my computer can safely handle SRB2 without flickering or running incredibly slow. It ran perfect before I moved...hmm..

"I WANT ALL THE LEVEL DESIGNERS ATTENTION WAAAAAH"

"HOW DARE YOU DISTURB MY SLEEP. D:<"

but why does Knux get his own paths in SRB2 and addons (I don't play knuxs, but I know of "Knux only" paths in a couple mods but I'm not sure about the main game).

It's meant to provide variety and to challenge Knux players with specific obstacles that require Knux' abilities. Egg Rock 1 has 3 character paths. Get the left path to check out.

The reason I'm asking this is because he shouldn't get a special path. The only reason he had one in S3&K is because it was his Island and he built (presumably) pathways so he could get around quicker.

SRB2 is not tied with S3K. And, there's no story that justifies why this character should get that or this special path or room. If there are character paths that's because of character challenge sake.

"HOW DARE YOU DISTURB MY SLEEP. D:<"

It's meant to provide variety and to challenge Knux players with specific obstacles that require Knux' abilities. Egg Rock 1 has 3 character paths. Get the left path to check out.

SRB2 is not tied with S3K. And, there's no story that justifies why this character should get that or this special path or room. If there are character paths that's because of character challenge sake.

Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back