Sonic & the Black Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Jev, I actually heard the video is done by not the person whos talking,its like a video editor mixing the voice with the levels.

Ok, I just got the game yesterday, and this is my review about it.

Look & Feel: The graphics are very nice, almost looking realistic, and the feel of the movement & control of the character is much more smoother than it was in SATSR, and the swordplay was more better than I first thought it'd be despite the controls can be confusing at times, but you can get used to it quickly. I can finaly move & stop properly just using the Nunchuk, and halleujiah, I can finally grind properly. Those should of been fixed in SR.

Difficulty: Can be easy, and it can be a pain in the ass in certain missions, so yeah, it has a challenge, but the difficulty has gone down from secret rings due to the fact that most of the missions were difficult in the first storybook game.

Lifespan: The game is quite short. If you keep on good track, you'd be able to beat the story mode within a few hours - 2 days if you are going for all the missions at the same time (yet I have more to do). Getting all 5 stars would take longer.

Multiplayer: The range of characters are good, and survival mode is good, but the speed is a bit slow though.

Rating: 7.5/10, this is a major improvement from SR, but it needs to be more longer, and this almost would of been perfect. If SEGA can keep up with this, and make it longer, then we may see a mascot suffering from crappy games coming back to how he was in the past. I honestly say I did enjoy this.

It isn't much of a fair review if your not even including one of the elements of the game.

Multiplayer has a whole bunch of modes including tag,coop,battle,ETC

It is SOMETHING and should be included in reviews.

Though I said, I could care less about IGN's review, I will acknowledge it and make this post.

I'm tired of seeing the reviewers being such... Classic fanboys. Now what makes me say this?
Well, in about every review I see of a new Sonic game, they go through Sonic's history of how crappy his 3D games have been and crap, then compare the game they're reviewing to the classics. It's always about the classics with them. They don't tolerate new themes and gimmicks despite the fact that Sonic has always had new gimmicks even in the Genesis days (Tails the Flying Fox, Knuckles the Gliding Echidna? Time Travel?). But now, it befuddles me that they can't take a single deviation from the original formula anymore. To be frank, Black Knight isn't as bad as IGN says it is. If you ask me, that's the words of an angry Genesis fanboy who still wants Sonic to be 2D, run, and nothing else.

Video game reviewers dissapoint me when it comes to Sonic games. It's a typical same song and dance thing with 'em. New Sonic game comes out. It deviates from the classic formula. Average if not below. (And unfortunately they're taking a huge crap on Sonic and going for below.)

Autosaver said:
It isn't much of a fair review if your not even including one of the elements of the game.

Yes, which is why I had to wait until I played, or even looked at it which I did both, otherwise, that also wouldn't be a fair review reviewing something you haven't played or looked at, but if you've seen it, then technically, you should include something at least. Basically, don't judge until you try or see it, also I edited part the multiplayer bit if that makes you happy.

Hyperknux said:
Autosaver said:

Yes, which is why I had to wait until I played, or even looked at it which I did both, otherwise, that also wouldn't be a fair review reviewing something you haven't played or looked at, but if you've seen it, then technically, you should include something at least. Basically, don't judge until you try or see it, also I edited part the multiplayer bit if that makes you happy.

Just to add,to see multiplayer shine you should unlock all the characters and all game modes. ( Tag FTW!, Coop is fun!, Silver can float!)

I have to say to me sonic and the black knight is an awesome game sure it doesn't come close to any of the other sonic games but it's still fun and i have all of shadows swords and i need 2 or 1 more swords for blaze and im having trouble getting them. im willing to trade some of my items if anyone wants to be my freind on there my number for the wii is (1204-4877-5325) so please help me out oh and i need five more weapons for knuckles theres some hidden weapons left so i dont know what i need so please help me.

Video game reviewers dissapoint me when it comes to Sonic games. It's a typical same song and dance thing with 'em. New Sonic game comes out. It deviates from the classic formula. Average if not below. (And unfortunately they're taking a huge crap on Sonic and going for below.)

Deviation is not bad. Yet, I have yet to see a professional Sonic game in which only deviates in one area from the original games: amount of dimensions. Once Sonic Team can produce something as high-quality as SRB2, perhaps deviation might be more welcomed. I dunno, that's how my opinions are on Sonic.

I don't want Sonic Team to deviate until they can accomplish the task that Sonic Team Jr. is about to.

Sonic Adventure 1 had some branching paths.

Also Sonic Unleashed's day stages, of course.

I've read a few more reviews, and it seems to me that the game's biggest fault is that the sword control is poorly implemented. Given that the controls were the biggest complaint about Secret Rings, I don't find it too surprising.

However, being a medieval junkie, I will still buy the game and probably enjoy it more than I would have expected when the price drops. What I do want to know from those that have played the game is whether or not the emphasis on enemy battling (and subsequently sword-swinging) really is too heavy-handed for its own good, and some details on the pros/cons of the controls.

I STILL don't get how people complain about SATBK's controls.

You usually move with a analog stick..in almost EVERY sonic 3d game.

And waggle, its not that hard. -_-

Autosaver said:
I STILL don't get how people complain about SATBK's controls.

You usually move with a analog stick..in almost EVERY sonic 3d game.

And waggle, its not that hard. -_-

I agree here. It gets tiring on the wrist but it isn't awkward, per se.

I'm not concerned with waggle-as-opposed-to-button, I'm more concerned with how intuitive it is, whether there is lag between the input and the action, whether it will bug up if you try to do it too fast or too many times, etc. All the reviews indicate that there are multiple faults with the controls and that this is going to be the biggest problem with the game.

JEV3 said:
I'm not concerned with waggle-as-opposed-to-button, I'm more concerned with how intuitive it is, whether there is lag between the input and the action, whether it will bug up if you try to do it too fast or too many times, etc. All the reviews indicate that there are multiple faults with the controls and that this is going to be the biggest problem with the game.

Lag? Did you switch you style?

Certain weapons and styles are slower

And sometimes it says to waggle, it just means give a slight thrust.

Im sorry but this is still what I see.
sthonockwisthsthowrdsby.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back