Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't just make it a bunch of random platforms plonked around anywhere like in PAZ. Add gimmicks.

Don't just make it a bunch of random platforms plonked around anywhere like in PAZ. Add gimmicks.

Did you not read my last paragraph? But then again, Cosmic Trial was ment to be free of gimmicks originally, and my gimmicks may do more harm than good. I'm not sure if I even want gimmicks.

A level devoid of gimmicks? How is that any fun?

Like a level filled to the brim with them is any better?

While gimmicks can be fun, a level with none can be fun as well. Not everything needs some kind of super special hook. Sometimes, simplicity can work quite well. I'm sure there are quite a few SRB2 levels with little to no gimmicks that are good. Wy does every level need to have gimmicks?

Like a level filled to the brim with them is any better?
Egg Rock Zone?

While gimmicks can be fun, a level with none can be fun as well. Not everything needs some kind of super special hook. Sometimes, simplicity can work quite well. I'm sure there are quite a few SRB2 levels with little to no gimmicks that are good. Wy does every level need to have gimmicks?
They might be solid, but I find a level without any interesting gimmicks of any kind to be quite dull. I guess that's why I don't like much of Mystic Realm.

Changed my mind again, I'm not even going to enter any more OLDC entries ever, or vote. I've lost all inspiration really, and at this point, with the new rule change, that's another blow for me, too. It was fun entering the OLDC. Have fun.

Egg Rock Zone?

There was also a few levels in this contest with lots of gimmicks but didn't play well. I know for sure there was one in particular, but the name escapes me at the moment.

New rule change? What does that have to do with the OLDC?

He hates being treated like a mature, adult human being, clearly. Also because we can say the word "fuck" as well as other curse words, and he hates swearing.

I might be entering a race level, Midnight Lagoon Zone, in this contest, though I might not get it done, as I have not even started it yet.

There was also a few levels in this contest with lots of gimmicks but didn't play well. I know for sure there was one in particular, but the name escapes me at the moment.
Refurbished Gadgetry Zone by SonicMaster. You practically can only have meant this one. Well, lots of gimmicks don't make stages good by default, but they make them better at least.

On that note, I forgot to actually make anything for this contest.

Sorry.

As usual, nothing will be coming in for me this time. Darkvile Castle 2 has been posted on the forums (which you people have been doing a great job of ignoring) so that won't make it. Unless I can quickly make something in less than a week, I'll only be voting.

I'll be entering Race again. This time with a Techno/Sky themed level called Thunder Factory. Some gimmiks include Large fans, and slick metal due to rain. Pretty difficult, and normal lap time is about 40 seconds.

I may also be entering CTF.

Attachments

• srb20230.jpg
    srb20230.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 274
  • srb20232.jpg
    srb20232.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 245
Well guys, I have desided to enter 2 divisions this time.

One Player:
Level name: Eggmansion Zone act 1

srb20177.png

srb20180.png

This level returns from it's grave after losing the May/April contest. This time around it is set in a much darker setting and it has a few tricks up it's sleeve, so watch out!

Multiplayer:

Match:
Level name: Acid Plant
srb20175.png

srb20176.png

Welcome to the Acid Plant! This level is filled with toxic nitric acid, one touch and you are dead! Beside it having alot of acid this level also sports another gimmick, reverse gravity. This makes the level be a bit more chaotic in big games sense you will be shot at from above and from the ground you are on.

---------------------------------------------

Anyways, good luck everyone!

Wow, these levels look amazing. I surely can't wait until voting starts. O.o
I'll try voting for the multiplayer levels, since I couldn't in the last few contests.

Oh well, might as well jump on the wandbagon.

I'm working on something, but I'm not going to have it ready in time for this contest. But now you know.

(It's not Vine Cavern Returns Zone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back