How to change boss attacks (and health)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilac

A good example of what I'm asking is mystic realm's final boss. It had eggman shooting auto rings to stop you from attacking him. I mainly want to know how to do that, because I'm not making a custom boss, I just want to edit eggman's attacks.
Another question is how do I get small sections in zone builder, a good example is how to get gfz1's token. there's a hole in the wall so you can pass through to get the token. How do I do that?

Mystic Realm's final boss AFAIK uses A_TurretFire/A_SuperTurretFire to shoot stuff at you.

For making small sections in Zone Builder, just do exactly that. in that small section, Lower the ceiling to your delight, and for bustable walls, create a bustable FOF that covers the whole sector.

thank you, but the game will not allow me to even edit eggman's attacks.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

And how do I pile up the layer after making a small section to make it like a tunnel? If i didn't make it clear what I'm saying is how do I make a tiny hole in the wall, like a zoom tube.

The Eggman bosses in Mystic Realm are just custom bosses that use the old sprites. They don't replace the Eggmobile fron the main game at all.

And how do I pile up the layer after making a small section to make it like a tunnel? If i didn't make it clear what I'm saying is how do I make a tiny hole in the wall, like a zoom tube.

Simply enough. Tunnel you can create in many ways you desire. You can make it like straight path that only your character can spindash to pass or make it like in techno hill. Minimal height that character can spindash through small holes is 32. You can also add vines or something with transparent at middle textures. Don't forget to propely position it.

For GFZ zone like path just read here for how to make bustable block (If it's before or after you make tunnel it's your choice): https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Bustable_Block

Last edited:
A good example of what I'm asking is mystic realm's final boss. It had eggman shooting auto rings to stop you from attacking him. I mainly want to know how to do that, because I'm not making a custom boss, I just want to edit eggman's attacks.
A_TurretFire is used to start firing, and A_TurretStop is used to stop firing... but must also be placed in the pain state so that he stops if he gets hurt while firing. VAR1 and VAR2 specify object fired and max distance eggman will fire from, while targeting is automatically set to the nearest player.

If none of that makes any sense, then you need to read the SOC tutorial first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back