1.09.4's 3drend.dll to 2.0 - 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanthom

Also known as Strawberry
This .dll file activated xmas mode in Srb2 Final Demo 1.09.4. And now I've got some questions: First of all, How do I open it? I'd like to take the sprites it contains and port them to 2.0 Palette (If it's okay to do so of course). Second, why was it removed from Srb2 2.0 - 2.1?

3drend.dll is the file containing all of the resources for 1.09.4 and older's date-activated Christmas mode. Since Christmas mode and all other date-activated secrets were removed from 2.0, 3drend.dll wasn't needed anymore!

It is a special "SDLL" WAD file, which means it can't be opened by any standard WAD editors - if you want to open it up, you need to get a hex editor, open up the file in said editor and change "SDLL" to "PWAD". Try out the edited file in a WAD editor and it should work.

Was just as well that I recently updated this page on the SRB2 wiki after finding these things out =P
https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/WAD_file#Types_of_WAD_file

Last edited:
The levels themselves never needed to be changed, it was purely a texture replacement job then.

Also, you do know versions from before v2.0 use the original Doom palette instead of our own one, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back