Nintendo or SEGA? Whats more awesome?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easily Nintendo. SEGA hasn't been putting out enough games that are passable lately. Nintendo's Wii and DS may have lots of shovelware, but at least they release some decent quality game.

Also, isn't SEGA a publisher/developer? Nintendo is a huge company, and SEGA hasn't put out game systems for years.

I think this will get locked, but I'm not gonna backseat moderate.

It's not fair comparing SEGA to Nintendo, SEGA is more like Capcom, Nintendo is the freaking biggest enterprise in the world and is superior to other companies.

i personally love SEGA more,
because that was my first video game system :)
but in the sense of games,
i think Nintendo has more success in that department .

SEGA had only good platformers, Michael Jackson and sports titles going for it, though it did not have SQUARE to hold it up for a more core appeal. I don't find Phantasy Star as a Final Fantasy substitute.

A Dreamcast 2 would be a bad idea, and is only a pipe dream for the still-obsessed DC fanboys. It'll just make them lose money and make even less money. Same for Shenmue III. That won't cure cancer, either.

A good Sega game is better than a good Nintendo game, but Sega doesn't have very many good games nowadays.

Well, nowadays, there's no question. Nintendo has been producing MUCH better stuff than SEGA recently.

Now a much better question is which was better: the Super Nintendo or the Sega Genesis? That's a far more complicated question that actually has a more balanced opinion on each side. I'm a SNES man myself, but I definitely understand the appeal of the Genesis, as I had both systems back then.

Mystic said:
Well, nowadays, there's no question. Nintendo has been producing MUCH better stuff than SEGA recently.

Now a much better question is which was better: the Super Nintendo or the Sega Genesis? That's a far more complicated question that actually has a more balanced opinion on each side. I'm a SNES man myself, but I definitely understand the appeal of the Genesis, as I had both systems back then.

I was going to say this, not in the exact words but yea. Nintendo is better for me. Also Super Nintendo would be best for me.

Sonnarkku, that still doesn't prove your point. A system is majorly defined by its games. Aside from the graphics, etc.

So you saying that "the SNES is better, but SG has better games" makes no sense what-so-ever.

Anyways, I personally pick the SNES. I love the SG. It had Sonic in it's "OLD" days (hence the word old), but obviously that's not the only good game that it had.

The SNES on the other hand, is just plain superb. There's no need for me state any games or why it's that, when you have the internet to do that for you. Thank you internet. You're a lifesaver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back