Official Level Design Contest: September/October

Status
Not open for further replies.
And put NOZONE=1. And it would work, not might. You should replace Q, and unless someone's making Quartz Quadrant, you'll be fine.

If I did that I'd have to remove the level from the circuit division Surprise! Castletania is a circuit level

If it's a circuit level, then why do you have so much extra crap in, like the custom textures and crawla "statues"?

What custom textures? All the textures being used are currnetly found in SRB2. The Castletania logo was edited into the picture for effect, and the crawla statues were made several months before I even had the idea to even use that bit from what I attempted on Haunted Halls (Unreleased).

These extra details are to try to make the track look nice and some of the stuff is Halloween Candy. (See: Easter Egg)

No custom textures? Then perhaps you'd care to explain the white-on-red arrows found in this shot.

And are those crawla statues sector based?

I'm pretty sure the crawla statues are sector based. They have too much depth and are too blocky to be a sprite.

As far as the arrows go, I have never seen such a texture in vanilla SRB2.

Regarding the Crawla Statues, they are sector based and were indeed made with FOFs. The original intention for them was to be used in the same manner as the Eggpawn statues from Sonic Heroes. That plan changed when I imported them to Castletania

As for the arrow texture, you have seen it before in Techno Hill act 2. Let me show you exactly where:

srb20263.png

This is how it normally looks, but if you manipulate the offsets just right you can wind up with such results as

srb20237.png

OR

srb20266.png
(Past entry Battle Woods act 1)

My match level is coming nicely, hopefully it will be a good entry as my first released level.

I had an interesting idea for SP but I don't think I'll have time... Besides fixing my match level, I want to get a circuit level in and MAYBE a ctf level if I can. 2-1/2 weeks are pushing it. =P

If I do it will be a bigger crunch than last time... I'd be lucky to get it in five hours after the deadline. However it would have a certain twist to it... so it wouldn't be really hard to make in the space of a week if I really work at it.

I'll enter in match, I think. What should the header have, and is there a specific mapnumber range I should use?

Here are some pictures of my other possible entry either for SP (Treasuer hunt) or Match mode.

srb20275.png
My progress on the ship

srb20272.png
quick view of the whol place before the ship arives.

I'd love to point out what you're doing wrong already, but I know that if I wait 'till the contest I'll be able to play the whole map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back