Shinobi 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate

a scar in time...
Shinobi 3DS is the newest game in Sega's Shinobi franchise. Perhaps the most popular were the Genesis' Revenge of Shinobi, and Shinobi III. For this 3DS release, a third party studio requested to make the game, and Sega agreed. The game was met with fairly poor reception, receiving a 69 on metacritic. Most of the reviews critiqued poor graphics and the high difficulty of the game.

6H605yu.png
iGgU5uO.png

That said, I just bought this game off Amazon for $10, and it's quickly become my favorite game on the 3DS. It is very reminiscent of the original games, while introducing many new concepts, such as a fairly in depth combo/parry system. The game's graphics, while not amazing, have pretty good artistic direction. I find this game to be just as difficult, if not more difficult than the Genesis games - and I love it. The gameplay is just plain fun, and if you were a fan of the originals, I highly suggest getting this game. I was also wondering if any of you guys have played the game yet. Lastly, here's a replay of an S rank run I got the first level, Oboro Clan Village.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzV-pfUt3Hk

Last edited:
I thought I was the only one who cared about this game!
I'd say this is my favorite game on the 3DS too, but...I only have one other game for it (Mario Kart 7) so that'd be a bit weird. Though technically it is my favorite.

I agree, the game is actually really hard. Though it's certainly not much harder than the Genesis games (except Shinobi 3 which really wasn't very hard until the last two levels). Still, I like how the game reaches out to hardcore players. I actually like how hard it is most of the time. Not counting the cheap deaths like the damn boulder in the Shadow Temple.

Awesome! Glad to see someone else on the forum who enjoys the game! I think even if you had some more games, Shinobi would still be somewhere at the top. I have Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Land 3D, and Donkey Kong Returns, and Shinobi is still my favorite :P

I actually haven't gotten to the Shadow Temple yet, I'm currently on the Mechalodon Stage. I'll be keeping my eye out for boulders...

I like this game as well, a shame that it is not all that well received. So far I have had a lot of fun with this game. Currently on the Mechalodon Stage myself.

I remember hearing that this game did start out as a DS game before becoming a 3DS game, I do believe there is an article or statement that brings that up, but I would have to look it up again since I am not 100% sure if this is true or not.

I remember hearing that this game did start out as a DS game before becoming a 3DS game, I do believe there is an article or statement that brings that up, but I would have to look it up again since I am not 100% sure if this is true or not.
I've heard this too on one review website, as well as a video review, however I haven't found any actual evidence to support this.

As for the poor reviews, I agree that it's unfortunate. Official Nintendo Magazine UK similarly stated that "Shinobi won't be to everyone's tastes since we're now in an age where games are expected to be easy enough for everyone". Games (TM) was called the "unsympathetic difficulty" of the game "cheap and archaic within the context of plodding action." Both of these are terrible critiques on the game in my opinion. I don't believe all games should "be easy enough for everyone".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back