Resident evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

Deactivated profile
I just started playing a few of the games lately, and surprisingly, I really like them! I want to hear your opinions about the series. Just no Flame Wars about who's more epic(Chris/Leon) because posts like that are stupid and pointless and will be marked as spam.

(And I swear if Spazzo, Shadow Hog, Mystic, e.t.c go into a long arguement over pointless bullcrap, they will be denoted as "being cute".* Seriously.

* being cute = being difficult.

Resident Evil 2 was amazing, but last time I tried to play it (a while back) it was too freaky for me to finish. Every time I played it I asked myself "why am I doing this?" despite the fact that I found it fun and thrilling. I hate and love horror stuff xD

I played REMake and I thought that was pretty cool, but it honestly takes a while and you don't want to save too much. I made that mistake early on in the game, playing as Jill and getting the Grenade Launcher then finding out I don't have any ink ribbons. x_x

I played RE4, and a tiny bit of RE0...

Quoting my post from the "Best games of the decade" thread...

Scizor300 from that thread I mentioned... said:
RESIDENT EVIL 4
From the day I first got it from my cousin, to now, this game has always been fun. The visuals were decent, but could have been better. The variety of enemies was pretty good, and the unlockable weapons were pretty sweet too. The gameplay was pretty nice, especially with the new "Over-the-shoulder" camera system. Overall, it's a game anyone should try. I'm still hellbent on getting the Chicago Typewriter...

Oh, an whaddya know, I got the CT :D

I think what he meant is quite obvious.
I played RE4 to its completion.
When I was about 8 or 10 I played the first 20 mins of RE2. I stopped playing after the first licker killed me, and to this day, that scene still haunts me. I couldn't sleep for weeks after that, It left quite a mark on my head. Seriously, you see that red thing go by in the window and then it drops and bam you're dead. Those things as creepy as fuck.
I played RE4 and was lucky enough to not find it "scary". The atmosphere was there, it was VERY unsettling, and the regenerators were the only things that would qualify as creepy. Seriously, the first time you see one, on a lab table, you know you're going to fight that, and it's so tense. But then I found out they were quick to kill and stopped caring.
Other than that RE4 was excellent.

You know what's scarier than RE? Silent Hill. That one has left me more traumatized than 30 Resident Evils will ever be able to.

Arf if I brought back an unsettling memory, let me say now that I'm sorry. And I agree, the Lickers are more scary than Satan's buttcrack! But at least in RE5, they dumbed them down quite a bit.

I love the resident evil series now, but when I was 5, I had the misfortune of being at my father's house when a friend of his was over and started playing RE2 I think it was. I'm not sure but, he got to a certain part where a character's arm was ripped off by a huge bulky zombie and used as a bludgeoning weapon.

I have gotten over that memory and last year I started playing RE5 co-op with a good friend of mine. It was funny as hell. The funniest part must have been when we first encountered the chainsaw guy, we were running around like crazy and all this funny shit started happening, like my friend saw some gold on the ground and went to pick it up just as the chainsaw guy swung his chainsaw and it went over my friend's head and he just continued runnning from it. Too bad we couldn't record it, otherwise I would have put the benny hill music in and shoved it on youtube.

Actually, going to back on youtube and checking that exact moment from my childhood... It seems pretty stupid. The licker cutscene is some lauughable CG, and the thing doesn't look that scary (seriously, those brains popping out of his head).
Still, my mind has been creating this sort of aura or image surrounding the creature, due to not remembering exactly well, thus I filled the gaps with stuff that made me scared more. Really, I can't believe THIS is what got me all these years.

Yeah, somehow the mood that the game itself creates adds to the moment a lot. When I watch it on youtube, the game is not scary in the least. But if I play it alone, it's a whole different story xD

I've played RE2, RE3, RE4, RE5, RE Code Veronica, and RE The Dark Side Chronicals.

I agree with Ultimate, Re2 Was the best one, I loved its Soundtrack, I loved How that Guy with the green jacket (I believe his name was Hunter) Randomly appeared while you played the Second Scene, Oh yeah, I loved to Play as Claire Since she had her Grenade Launcher and I liked the "All Employes Proceed to the Emergency Platform" Message. (Those who played it Will remember that message =P)

I didnt Like Re3, But it had its Epic Moments.

Re4, I was like "OMG" the first time I Played it.. Seriously it was a serious change to RE Games, This time you played a Leon (From RE2) Who could do some "Almost Impossible" Moves in order to complete his mission.

Re5, ok This wasnt that Epic as Re4 But it still could give some Entertainment (specially when you unlock Infinite Ammo for Some weapons.)

Re Code Veronica, This ..was a Serious Challenge, I still remember the times I died in hands of those monsters that could stretch their arms. This Game had an Excellent Soundtrack (Like RE2) and and Excellent Story-Line (My Opinion)

Re Dark Side Chronicals, This is one awesome remake of RE2 and RECV, I loved How Claire Looked In this game :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back