Official Level Design Contest: September/October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something THAT cramped, with a rail ring is going to be exceptionally difficult to play ctf. -_-

Anyways, finished my map and I'm now going to check the rules and then send it.

EDIT: Submitted... <_<

Actually, I made a bunch of ridges in the wall, so you could have an area to hide from the snipers.

Anyways, sent in my level.

Well, I submitted a level into the match division just now. Good luck to everyone that enters.

EDIT: I desided to post a screenshot,

And yes, I know that it is wide open...

Oh, but there are multiple routes. Not horizontally, but vertically. (Instead of take the left or right path, take the top or bottom)

Jazz said:
A standardization of your textures would be more appropriate in my humble opinion.

Well it may not look like it to you I do have standardised textures. in that picture with those boxes, the diffenterly textured boxes are supposed to resemble the differently textured crates loaded on and around the Rusty Bucket. As for the daimonded red texture, it was what I thought was the best red texture for the red part of the S.S. Rusty Buket.

Edit: latest update on Rusty Bucket Bay
srb20300.png

So, it seems submissions end today, and as far as I know, the only CTF level entered is mine. (which, by the way, is called "OMIGODZCTF")

Submitted Courtyard Clash. I've made a few tweaks to it based on critiques from playtests, such as cutting out walls to make it feel more open, turning two elevators into stairs, toning down the amount of rings in certain spots, adding an extra entrance into the rug room so that it flows better overall, etc., although that obviously means absolutely nothing to anyone who hasn't played it yet.

No outstanding regrets, here, unlike Fort Eltsac which, while it came out quite nicely, had those ugly XBOX HUEG columns I slapped in there to toss in some one-sided linedefs (to keep things reasonable, framerate-wise - assuming they weren't to begin with).

Also, don't try loading it in anything but Match... well, you can, but you'll have to noclip into the main level if you desire to see it.

supersonic45 said:
OBJECTION!

Sorry for that.

Because I have entered my crappiest map ever, Milesbeach! *shot*
Yay, two crappy CTF maps pitted against each other! *shot*

Well, actually, I think mine is an improvement from my previous levels, *coughcough* even though it is still kind of cramped.

My map is a big hallway. It was supposed to have a stepping shortcut, but that would take half of the map area away, and I was having problems rasing the shortcut's sector higher.

I have a question: Will the voting topic open immediatly at 7 PM,(EST...) or will we have to wait some more after that? I want to see, as BZ said, the enemy.

If you're still here head to the SRB2 Discussion forum. The Wad has been compiled and released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back