SRB2MD: Alpha 2.1(.420) is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y NO MOAR UPDTES???

You still working on this mait? I wanna see moar updates, also, where's my name on dat credits? I made ze song for the easter egg ._. o fuk i fukd up ok bae im gone.

I have a few things to say, on this mod.

First, I shall say that I, overall, enjoyed this mod. There was one thing that bugged me enough that I outright modified the file to change it (namely, the hunger-over-time system moving so quickly), but aside from that, I feel it is fairly well.

Admittedly, a major thing I enjoyed about this mod is perhaps almost as much about me as the mod. I found it actually fairly immersive. I would not have expected myself to describe an SRB2 mod as such, admittedly, but I did. The first-person perspective I used likely helped, aye, as well as the fact that I tend to attach better to playing as adorable cute fuzzies like sylveon.

Yes, I just said that.

In any case, however, those two factors alone do not account for all of the immersion. The visual (I will point out here that I felt that the textures used were fairly good choices) and audio aesthetics of the mod came together quite nicely, I feel, to create a nice cohesive mood (somehow, even the "robot house" music worked, despite how the logical part of my brain feels like it should have clashed, though I feel it would have worked better if the music had changed once the danger had passed).

The maps themselves also helped. Although the macro-level design of the maps was fairly linear (except for the last one), in that there was pretty much just one correct way to progress, it did not FEEL linear to me. I feel a major reason is due to how things simply do not seem to progress in a straight line. The path crosses over itself frequently, and I occasionally needed to survey my surroundings to find the right way to go, but I was never outright stumped, except for a period of time where I had gotten lost in the final level.

I feel that, in future redesigns of the maps, it is a good idea to try to take inspiration from the current aesthetics. The maps simply feel rather nice to me, though I admit that, given many of the mods I've played, I did so in the pre-2.0 era, so I suppose my standards on map design should be taken with a grain of salt. Nonetheless, I do feel that the current maps do a fair few things right. The main thing I would recommend, moving forward, is to create more of a sense of exploration. The aesthetics create a world that I would like to see more of and would like to be rewarded for exploring.

EDIT:

Wow. That was embarrassing. I suppose this goes to show what happens when I do not fully read through a thread before posting. Looking back, I found that apparently the hunger system has been removed in the in-progress version. So, about half of my post was rendered irrelevent. Fixed, now!

My apologies. I was multitasking at the time of originally making the post, hence my lack of looking through stuff.

Last edited:
Yeah but seriously why did you spam my shit!

Oh come on! You guys seriously don't know what he is talking about? He means that in the old versions of this wad that if you changed character then it will spam you for doing it. I tried to do it with shadow and then it spammed me telling me to change back to sylveon. I think thats a little crazy feature to put in. I guess he needs apologies from all of you. Yes I know that post was old too.

*switches to sonic* Uhh... what?

Edit: "Everything works like in PMD!" Except that your hunger bar dies fast and your moves cost hunger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back