Master server hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi

Randomly found avatar
I was playing at server called Cyan´s RP and i was having fun. Then someone named A NOOB came and he started to spam so Cyan banned him. After that he came again!!! He started to spam again then game wrote server shutdown and server was unreachble for few minutes. Is there any chance to find out who is A noob?

Sounds to me like you had an incompetent host. He could have banned the IP address instead of shutting down the server.

That aside, no, I don't think there's anything you can do about it.

Sounds to me like you had an incompetent host. He could have banned the IP address instead of shutting down the server. That aside, no, I don't think there's anything you can do about it.
The problem here seems to be ban evasion, Fawful. It's true that multiple bans might have done the trick (and disallowing joins WOULD have.) I don't think hacking happened. An actual hacking griefer would have meddled with variables, maybe banned the host from their own server (if possible) or added a nonsense file nobody would ever have (like erer.gay)

He's on my server right now(JaCkSSeRvEr). I don't mean to advertise about my server, though.

Update: He someone crashed my server...he IS hacking.

Last edited:
I really don't understand why people would do that for no reason. If it's a joke then its not funny. I had that happen before to me, but it was a long time ago. (major exaggeration)

I really don't understand why people would do that for no reason. If it's a joke then its not funny. I had that happen before to me, but it was a long time ago. (major exaggeration)
Lifeless hackers who have nothing to do in life are just going mad from doing nothing, so they ruin other people's lives trough computers. Hackers, go figure~

Can servers admins check players IP? That would be helpfull for MS banning.

I wish. Then again, I wish all players can check player's IPs whenever a player joins. I have a list of players IPs (that I know and play with often) so I know who is who and who is not.

I have yet to run across a hacker myself, but what I have to agree with what Kopper said. Server's sometimes crash, usually when someone is trying to join or when there is a long lag spike that won't go away. Also, people can change their IPs to get around bans, apparently...

An actual hacking griefer would have meddled with variables, maybe banned the host from their own server (if possible)

That's a scary thought... But it would have to take a lot of meddling to do something like that.

IP addresses are displayed on the console when a player first joins. You can either take note of it then and there, or look it up in the server log afterward.

There´s a big chance that the first post is not even close to being a hacking, I mean, you think it is because he rejoined and the server crashed? Specially being at Cyan´s server (who´s not much of a smart one).

They just used Clearbans, being an admin on the server or the host itself using it, anyone could´ve rejoined, and servers crash everytime, usually with Signal Handler. Also, the time he took to take the server up was because he wasn´t in a hurry to play, or he added wads.

Now I´ve seen actual hacking, such as players being forced to say things (I´ve checked the console, and it wasn´t a type trick), people skipping the administration password without being verified by the host from servers they´re not familiar with. 2 identical IPs (Listserving), and sudden server closings.

His IP changes every time he joins my server.
When he rejoined, it was like this.
Code:
<A NOOB> Oh ya...
Then the server crashed.

Last edited:
Yeah it didnt happen only to Cyan. Question is what are we supposed to do when he comes to server? Keep banning him? I know that servers can crash, but this cant be concidence.

Ok, so first IP address is: 70.6.125.108
The second one is: 184.232.173.102

Their completely different! Either he's randomizing his IP each time or it could be different people... Anyway, I saw him too. Didn't get an IP though.

Ok, so first IP address is: 70.6.125.108
The second one is: 184.232.173.102

Their completely different! Either he's randomizing his IP each time or it could be different people... Anyway, I saw him too. Didn't get an IP though.

You DO realise this could simply be another person with the same name or using a different connection, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back